Malleus Maleficarum: Babby's Ferst Challinje

Simultaneous goals:

-Gain a lot of strength (lift goals described below)
-Lose 15 lbs (goal weight: 185)
-Preserve existing full body endurance

At the rate I'm going, six weeks should give me room for 3 progressions in my strength training program. That means I should aim for:

285x10 squat
155x10 shoulder press
355x10 rack pull from just below the knees

Obviously those aren't the only moves I'm doing and obviously I want the other moves to grow in proportion to these, but I'll make these the focus. Hit rep goal, add weight, repeat.

I'll be preserving full body endurance by finishing each workout with about 5 rounds of bodyweight circuit training.

Weight loss, I'll be doing simply by eating low carb/moderate fat/high protein versions of my normal food plus caffeine enhanced postworkout fasting until at least 2pm on every workout day and most other days if possible.

• Like 1

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

Going to be shooting for 135x10+ shoulder press next workout.

Should only have one more workout squatting 225, if I hit my rep goal next workout I'll skip to 245.

Bodyweight circuit conditioning today was brutal, I feel much more in shape and look more athletic in the mirror despite being kind of a bulky guy. This makes me feel hardcore.

One more workout with weights this Wednesday and then I'll be away for two weeks on travel. Given enough protein intake and only doing cardio 2-3x/week, I shouldn't lose too much strength.

• Like 2

Veganism killed my gainz

Today's highlight:

Rack pull from below knees: 295x11. Goal: 15

Gonna be on the road for two weeks. Will do cardio about 3x/week, but eat a crapton of protein to preserve gainz. Hope to come back, test 10RMs and find them not too far off from where I left.

Best of luck. I doubt you'll lose any of your gainz, especially with extra protein.

You could do push ups and some other body weight exercises to have at least something for strength training?

Well, at this point I feel pretty well boned. My body still feels weak as hell from that crappy vegan diet and I'm still on the road.

I'm working on rearranging my fitness program to be less regimented. Instead of a hard and fast protocol to follow, I want to switch for a bit to something that's more like a set of loose guidelines to improvise within. I feel this is necessary to avoid interruptions such as travel.

Veganism killed my gainz

So, I went back to the gym and squatted 185x10. I did other things, but they were all on the order of a ~250lb 1RM squat. All just simple pushes and pulls.

I am probably up a creek and well boned for this challenge in every possible way, so let's talk about that a bit.

First of all, WHY am I screwed?

Two reasons.

First of all, every time I start making some real progress and accumulating strength and conditioning, some stupid bullshit forces me to travel or lay off. I have pretty much never injured myself, but rather "life" will get in the way. Family will force me to travel. In this case, a natural building workshop forced me to travel.

It's pretty hard to get the stronk if you semifrequently have to sit immobile in a car for two weeks at a time, eating garbage food with no protein in it all the while.

I'm doing two things to combat this. First is simply saying "no" to travel. Family in Reno want you to drive out and see them? Screw you, I've got Skype. Two roadtrips per year tops, and I don't want any of them longer than a week. The second is to get used to training without a program. What I'm going to do from now on is extremely simple - a push/pull split done by intuition. The only stipulations are that I need to get at least 2 sets of at least 10 reps for every move, and that every workout I have to start with one heavy posterior chain movement (i.e. squat, deadlift, rack pull). Other than that, IDGAF what I do so long as I do squats or deadlifts every time and get lots of good training in simple pushes and pulls as well as arm and core work. The idea is that the less planned and structured my routine is, the more I'd be able to work around schedule interruptions.

The second thing that has really screwed me over is veganism.

Once again, I was forced to practice zero fat veganism for about 9 days during my natural building workshop. These are the kind of people dumb enough to believe in the following:

u5iUj86.jpg

It gave me what I'd call dysentery - extreme diarrhea and vomiting, resulting in dehydration. Several others got the same. The idiot vegans wanted to give me cranberry extract to fix it. I'm not sure what exactly cranberry extract is supposed to do, but I'm confident I don't give a shit. I used my knowledge of anatomy to figure out a sleeping position that made it impossible for my colon to spew all of my body water out through my ass as I slept, making hydration a possibility. Apparently sitting on a toilet 24/7 losing gallons of water per hour out of my butthole would've been perfectly fine so long as I took cranberry extract. Thanks vegans!

I started smuggling in my own food, which they were hawkish about trying to prevent me from consuming, but I healed myself via a combination of actually knowing greater than zero about medicine plus eating real-ish food, like canned salmon with the bones and all.

In case you were wondering, yes, a bunch of stoners with a messianic dietary dogma and a Google education of how the body works WERE willing to argue with me over how to fix severely health threatening diarrhea. Apparently vegan medical superstition trumps being professionally involved in the diagnosis, treatment and cure of disease. Good to know.

Several days after the trip I am still weak and lethargic. I swear their silly bullshit really did almost kill me. It wasn't my fault, it was theirs - it was their silly cult belief's fault, THEY did this to me. Serving plain oatmeal, plain brown rice and an apple as a typical meal for weeks on end did this to me.

Curveball - I was a strict vegetarian for almost 10 years. I know their ideas better than they do, because I was more dedicated than all of them in strictness and time dedication. I ate no meat and did jogging and yoga with furious focus and passion. I was the logical conclusion of what they are trying to be.

I began wondering at some point why I was so skinny and weak, and why I was having energy crashes every few hours. I wondered why my teeth were rotting despite me taking such good care of them and constantly brushing/flossing.

I was introduced to paleo by a friend, and while I have some problems with the common practices of paleo dieters (i.e. eating feedlot beef and industrial agriculture veggies), I believe their concept is fundamentally true: grains are garbage that have only been around for a tiny fraction of human evolution, and once you throw them off the menu all you can find worth eating in the woods is non-starchy veggies, some starchy tubers, nuts, fruit and Bambi. During the workshop I was within spearing distance of deer several times, and there were actual edible plants growing all over. Paleo food was right there for the taking, but they have to rely on both human created grains AND human created medical science in order to make veganism survivable. Paleo is correct, and its correctness is why I was able to ever start getting strong in the first place.

If it weren't for eating half a plate full of wild fish, fish eggs, fully pastured meat/poultry, eggs from fully pastured poultry, a crapload of good dairy and the other half of the plate full of equally wild quality vegetables, I'd still be a skinny vegan with rotting teeth and no energy.

The vegans that ran this dump were not only STUNNINGLY ignorant about how the human body works and DANGEROUSLY incompetent at managing nutrition and sanitation, but had an absolutely dogmatic adherence to their nutritional religion even though EVERYONE was getting sick. It was most definitely not just me, other people were getting similar dangerous diarrhea, getting jittery and fainting, or both.

What do you expect, though? Veganism comes close to agreeing with the FDA and that little "food circle" they released, so it's obviously bad just on that count alone. If the FDA tells you something, you know it's designed to kill you.

If you as an individual are a vegan, I do not blame you - you are just misinformed. If you knew what I know you would not be a vegan, and so I will attempt to teach you for your own good. It is your GURU that I hate - the person who pulled the wool over your eyes; the person who despite knowing almost nothing, attempted to impress their dangerous incompetence on the naive as an absolute truth. I hate your guru with a white hot fiery passion most people typically reserve for Hitler, and I literally hope they die. They would deserve it. 

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go eat a gallon of cheese tortellini. I need as many calories as I can possibly get with my limited stomach space so that I can get enough energy to start feeling alive again, and right now I literally 100% don't care in what form they come. I'll start moderating food quality when I no longer feel like I have cancer.

Veganism killed my gainz

Today I'm beginning to desire protein again. 4 eggs for breakfast, we'll see how my stomach treats me. If all goes well it should be about a week before I'm doing as I was, which was basically eating my own modified paleo-like food on a 2-10pm feed window.

I may find that my strength recovers rapidly actually due to throwing in the towel on workout programs and going by intuition. Wouldn't be the first time.

Veganism killed my gainz

Thanks to a diet of nothing but meat, eggs, milk, olive oil and spice, I'm recovering my gains quickly.

Veganism can rot in Hell. Anyone who wonders why that is can fall in for reeducation.

Finally back to 315x10 rack pull, 135x10 seated press, 205x10 squat. Obviously my squat is the weak link and there's reasons for that, but I'm not so worried - given time and effort it will increase to where it should be.

Veganism killed my gainz

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines