• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KB Girl

KB Girl is an athlete?

Main Goal: Become world champion in kettlebell sport. 

(ain't never gonna happen, but you gotta shoot for the stars!) 

My challenge history;

Since joining NF in june last year I went to my first international competition, finished my kettlebell-trainer degree + physical tests, set up a small group training, found 14 people crazy enough to train with me, taught my first couple of workshops, won the dutch national championships, did my first set with the 24kg kettlebell (aka international class), organized a competition at my own gym, trained with a world champion and tried to find some balance through play. 

So what's next?

Though my quest for play and balance in my last challenge wasn't entirely successful, after our competition and being inspired by learning from the best i'm ready to get back into the game head on. Last week I felt like I was at a crossroads; either be content with my current position as someone with one eye in a small world full of blind people OR move on and deal with having only one eye in a much bigger world filled with two eyed hot shots. 

Obviously i'm picking option two. So now that i'm ready it's time to take things a bit more seriously!

Goal 1: train like an athlete

After consulting really knowledgeable people, rethinking my program a couple hundred times and with the help of my trainer (aka boyfriend) i've come up with a new program. This program has a couple main work sets. After learning from last challenge I will complete these work sets and then I am allowed to move onto play/doing whatever the hell I feel like as long as it doesn't endanger my next planned training.

Goal 2: eat like an athlete

Last challenge I got into the habit of meal prepping. Keeping that up I will eat three main meals filled with protein and vegetables. (It's a DO goal, not a don't goal.. thanks Nymeria!) 

To keep myself accountable I will post pictures of what I eat at the end of the week. A collage! 

Goal 3: sleep like an athlete

Eight or nine hours. No f*cking excuses. I'm a useless cranky mess without my sleep. 

Report at least once a week.

Lifegoal: move like an athlete

Training myself and other people takes about 3 to 4 hours every day. Sitting on my arse for the remaining 12 hours is probably not a good idea. Therefore I will walk with my dog at least twice a day, get my bike fixed so I stop taking the car everywhere AND keep up with my gardening.

• Like 9

(ain't never gonna happen, but you gotta shoot for the stars!) 

My challenge history;

Since joining NF in june last year I went to my first international competition, finished my kettlebell-trainer degree + physical tests, set up a small group training, found 14 people crazy enough to train with me, taught my first couple of workshops, won the dutch national championships, did my first set with the 24kg kettlebell (aka international class), organized a competition at my own gym, trained with a world champion and tried to find some balance through play. 

So what's next?

Though my quest for play and balance in my last challenge wasn't entirely successful, after our competition and being inspired by learning from the best i'm ready to get back into the game head on. Last week I felt like I was at a crossroads; either be content with my current position as someone with one eye in a small world full of blind people OR move on and deal with having only one eye in a much bigger world filled with two eyed hot shots. 

Obviously i'm picking option two. So now that i'm ready it's time to take things a bit more seriously!

Goal 1: train like an athlete

After consulting really knowledgeable people, rethinking my program a couple hundred times and with the help of my trainer (aka boyfriend) i've come up with a new program. This program has a couple main work sets. After learning from last challenge I will complete these work sets and then I am allowed to move onto play/doing whatever the hell I feel like as long as it doesn't endanger my next planned training.

Goal 2: eat like an athlete

Last challenge I got into the habit of meal prepping. Keeping that up I will eat three main meals filled with protein and vegetables. (It's a DO goal, not a don't goal.. thanks Nymeria!) 

To keep myself accountable I will post pictures of what I eat at the end of the week. A collage! 

Goal 3: sleep like an athlete

Eight or nine hours. No f*cking excuses. I'm a useless cranky mess without my sleep. 

Report at least once a week.

Lifegoal: move like an athlete

Training myself and other people takes about 3 to 4 hours every day. Sitting on my arse for the remaining 12 hours is probably not a good idea. Therefore I will walk with my dog at least twice a day, get my bike fixed so I stop taking the car everywhere AND keep up with my gardening.

Another awesome challenge. Excited to see how your new program works for you. We need to post gardening pictures. That will be fun, and keep us accountable for keeping up with our gardens.

Glad you picked option number 2! :D I'm amazed at what you've accomplished in the last year and look forward to seeing you take over the word! ;)

(ain't never totally gonna happen, no but, you gotta shoot for the stars!) 

[...]

Fixed :P

• Like 2

Looks like an awesome challenge! I especially look forward to your food pictures, I might pick up a healthy recipe or two :).

Another awesome challenge. Excited to see how your new program works for you. We need to post gardening pictures. That will be fun, and keep us accountable for keeping up with our gardens.

Yes that's right! taking photos also helps keep me excited about it :)

My potato patch is getting really tall. I've never done potatoes before, so I just read up on when i'm supposed to harvest them.. and the plant needs to actually die! Interesting huh?

Looks like a great challenge! You have made a ton of progress in your past challenges, so I look forward to following one!

Great! Should be fun, thanks for dropping by!

Glad you picked option number 2! :D I'm amazed at what you've accomplished in the last year and look forward to seeing you take over the word! ;)

Me too! Thanks Hatter! :) I'll settle for opening my second eye too..

To be honest when at the start of the challenge i copy paste that challenge history bit and then add to it, it's a good moment. because.. it's so easy to forget right? and be all down and ahhh i aint never gonna get nowhere. and then you can be like. bitch please. look at that! 

Hehe :D

Good luck on your new challenge! I hope the new workout program is going to be awesome! :)

Me too! Thanks! It helps that at least I feel excited and inspired again! I've missed that.

Fixed :tongue:

Haha :D Thanks Nuala <3

Gooooo KB!

\o/

Yessssssssssssss, I can't wait for this challenge! What does your new training plan look like?

Ohh i'll write it down soon :)

Still working out some of the finer details. And my boyfriend has promised he'll step in and keep updating it to keep in line with my progress etc. Really happy with that!

Looks like an awesome challenge! I especially look forward to your food pictures, I might pick up a healthy recipe or two :).

Yes maybe! I'm all about simple though to be honest!

• Like 2

Ahh since we havent started yet and I'm sitting at the gym waiting for my next group I thought it was about time for some photos from the competition last week! Just a small selection..

The setup;

Posted Image

In action;

Posted Image

Foooods;

Posted Image

• Like 4

I always love following along with your training adventures!  I hope the new and improved training plan works out for you.  :)

Oh! Details! Details!

super excited for this.

Ohh! I'll get to it! 

Looks awesomeeeee. :D

I'm excited for your new training plan. TO THE NEXT LEVEL!

Indeed! Thanks :D

I always love following along with your training adventures!  I hope the new and improved training plan works out for you.  :)

I really hope so too, thanks!

Love those photos! 

Thank you! :) I used that instagram collage app thing.. i'm planning to use it for my food updates.

What a beautiful collage of photos! (Helps to be taking photos of such a nice gym :))

Also I was catching up on your last challenge when I saw this...

Great form on those chin ups :) Are you sure you couldn't go for 4? :) :)

• Like 1

Ahh thanks Yuen, can't believe you went back and caught up :)

I wouldn't have been able to do a fourth, you can tell by how I lose my shoulder position in the top at the last rep.. and unfortunately I can't do it right now either because I gained a couple of stress pounds xD Once they're gone I'll try again.

Heck yes!! I'm totally digging this challenge! And yay! Another accountabilibuddy for the sleep goal! You, me and Red can tackle that SOB together!! Love the vids, KBG :)

Wolf

• Like 1

Excited for Monday! Which is a weird thing to say, right?

I've been trying out my new programming this week to sort of test where I'm at. I've been keeping a very detailed log for that purpose. Wonder wether I should keep that up.. Or maybe it's just too much effort, not sure yet!

Posted Image

I'll post final program on Monday. Along with a weigh in + measurements because I could really stand to lose a few pounds after the last couple of stressful weeks..

• Like 1

I wouldn't have been able to do a fourth, you can tell by how I lose my shoulder position in the top at the last rep.. and unfortunately I can't do it right now either because I gained a couple of stress pounds xD Once they're gone I'll try again.

Heh I realised today just how much of a difference a few pound can make... I was messing around this morning and did two chins. Then I got dressed a bit later and on my way out I tried again. In my leather jacket and bag and shoes I could do... a half. :P

• Like 1

I think as long as you have the time it's useful to write things down detailed. It will be fun to look back in a few months too!