• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Goal 1 Continue bodyweight workout 3x weekly.

Last challenge I put the L-sit as a goal, which I still want. Most of the workouts I did last challenge involved push-ups, pull/chin-ups and dips. I gained reps on all of them, and was very pleased with the way things turned out, especially with the dips. I want to continue my success by doing BW workout three times a week, with a goal of an L-sit someday.

Goal 2 Learn Jitterbug Stroll

I went swing dancing several weeks ago, as I am wont to do. I saw a group dance I don't know. I know Tranky Doo and two types of Shim Shams. This was the Jitterbug Stroll, and now I gotta learn it. I learned the Tranky Doo on a previous challenge, so this seems appropriate to continue the swing-dance-learning process! This goal will be a success if I accomplish the Jitterbug Stroll by the end of the challenge. Video will be posted.

This is Jitterbug Stroll....

Goal 3 Paleo (!)

Woah. I've been toying with Paleo for many challenges now. Couldn't seem to give up the dairy. But my aunt has been Paleo for many years due to digestive issues, and she recommended it for me since I have psoriatic arthritis - both inflammation and skin issues. My aunt swears by it, and she's talked me into it. The goal will be to go Paleo for 30 days. I began full Paleo, with no dairy, no grains, etc. about 10 days ago. I've already lost some weight. I don't really want to lose too much, though. Maintaining where I am would be great. So If I can keep with the Paleo foodstuffs for another 20 days, we'll be good. I'm looking forward to making cauliflower "potatoes" and "rice" and other goodies.

Goal 4 (Life Goal) Routine, continued

Last challenge I wanted to keep a routine. Particularly, I wanted to get up early, and do prayer time in the evenings at 9 pm. It went pretty well, and I want to keep it going. I've had an alarm set for a while at 5:30 am and 9:00 pm to get these done. I won't follow this routine on weekends, but work days, yes. This goal will be a success if I follow the routine on my week days.

Let's punch it.

• Like 4

That looks so fun! I hope eliminating dairy and wheat help your psoriasis and arthritis! Remember  by cutting out dairy , you cut fat  and calories, and since you don;t really want to lose, you should be pretty diligent about getting enough fat. Liberally add oil to saute your veggies in, eat avocados daily, and olives are a good source of fat.And cheese has carbs too, so don't go lower in carbs than you mean to.

That looks so fun! I hope eliminating dairy and wheat help your psoriasis and arthritis! Remember  by cutting out dairy , you cut fat  and calories, and since you don;t really want to lose, you should be pretty diligent about getting enough fat. Liberally add oil to saute your veggies in, eat avocados daily, and olives are a good source of fat.And cheese has carbs too, so don't go lower in carbs than you mean to.

Thanks for the advice! I read from some Warriors, Steve, et al., that Paleo can mean weight loss, and I don't really want to lose. I've enjoyed my whole milk historically. If you have other advice about maintaining, I'd appreciate it!

Yeah dancers!

If you already know the Tranky Doo, the Jitterbug Stroll should be pretty easy to pick up! I always get hung up at certain parts in the Tranky Doo. I learned the Jitterbug Stroll a while back, but I've never seen it done socially!

Good luck!

Following for the fun!  And so I can pester you to add more songs to your spotify playlist :D

Good luck with the Paleo challenge. It's hard, but in cases like yours it might just be worth it.

Great goals, looking forward to seeing how you progress in them. :)

I did Paleo over Lent this year and really enjoyed it. Granted, I also have weight to lose, so the weight loss benefit was welcome to me. What EG suggests is very good. If you track calories at all, or are trying to hit a specific goal, that could also potentially help you maintain where you're at. Sometimes to get to my calorie goals, I'd have a snack of a tbsp of coconut oil, and would also sometimes do shots of raw honey. Hope it goes well and ends up helping up your overall health! :)

Great goals, looking forward to seeing how you progress in them. :)

I did Paleo over Lent this year and really enjoyed it. Granted, I also have weight to lose, so the weight loss benefit was welcome to me. What EG suggests is very good. If you track calories at all, or are trying to hit a specific goal, that could also potentially help you maintain where you're at. Sometimes to get to my calorie goals, I'd have a snack of a tbsp of coconut oil, and would also sometimes do shots of raw honey. Hope it goes well and ends up helping up your overall health! :)

Raw honey, eh? Well I can't be opposed to that.

+++

Today I made my first mashed cauliflower. Pretty good. I put a lot of garlic and pepper in it, which made it yummy. Now I need to do cauliflower rice. And egg muffins. And... I've been reading nomnompaleo quite a bit lately.

Sounds like a great challenge :) I always enjoy seeing the dancing goal up there :D 

And I'm sure you'll feel awesome for the paleo after the 20 days, I really hope that it does help! If you're craving something sweet there's a really simple pancake that you can make just by blending a banana together with an egg and cooking it! Just like a normal pancake! The original recipe called for peanut butter too, but I know that's not strictly paleo, so maybe some dark chocolate? Anyway :P

Best of luck! I'll be here to cheer you on :D 

Blerg. Well, the challenge kinda snuck up on me. First two weeks saw no activity... First week was mostly Paleo. Second week hasn't been.

I've been traveling a lot lately, and I've allowed that travel to disrupt my challenge activity. Bah.

But I can still make this a four-week challenge. More soon.

Meanwhile, enjoy this song. Can't stop listening.

How is week 3 going so far?

Better than weeks 1 and 2, but still slow. I'm doing a lot of traveling, and doing a special project at works that leaves me pretty beat at the end of the day. I suppose I can take some solace in the fact that I'm really active and working on my squatting form as I'm lifting heavy furniture during the day... But still a bit disappointed so far. (Gotta get on that hotel workout. I'm traveling out of town this weekend again, so hopefully I can get a workout done at the hotel.)

I did get a workout in this week, which was good. Still have pull-up ability.

I can still learn the Jitterbug Stroll by the end of the challenge. So some things will get accomplished.

Tuesday

Musical warm-up, as I am prone to do:

"T'aint Necessarily So" from Porgy and Bess by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald

"Why do you want Bess?" from Porgy and Bess by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald

"Woman Is a Sometimes Thing" from Porgy and Bess by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald

Pull-ups 3 / 2 / 1 / 2

Chin-ups 3 / 2 / 1

Push-ups 10

Diamond Push-ups 5

Stretch

• Like 1

...And actually looking at my calendar, this may be the most travel-tastic challenge yet. I'm going to be on the road a lot more over the rest of the challenge. Hotel workouts FTW.

• Like 1