Stat   Yesterday   Week Total
STR     6           6
DEX     4           4

STA     4           4
CON     1           1
WIS     2           2
CHA     0           0        
Total  17          17

Yesterday was awesome because: Perfect day at the beach with friends! I tried some partner yoga on the beach! There will be photos to share when they get sent to me!

Sunday
Activity               Stat  Points

Bring Me Some Pie x3   STR   6

Stretch/yoga           DEX   4

Walk 7km               STA   2

Wrestling              STA   1

Chores                 STA   1

Good food day          CON   1

Husband time           WIS   1

Log all food           WIS   1     

Total                       17

Yesterday! Every day should be like yesterday!

1370455094804.gif

Wake and Stake a la Batwoman! (Not at 4:30 mind you, but first thing in the morning.) Three rounds of Bring Me Some Pie, and since I felt about the same as I do after two rounds of ABWW, I decided to give myself 6 points for it. Unexpected half-jack bonus: I can hold my boobs when I jump, which actually makes it way better. :P PLUS I'm excited that I can jump at all and am feeling pretty good about my foot! Wooooo.

Then to the grocery store with kid #2 to get breakfast since we were out of food in the house. Stopped by the fruit and vegetable market on the way back and picked up some treats.

Then! To the clothing-optional beach for my pole-dancing friend's birthday party! I've lived in Toronto for ~12 years and have never been, so I was pretty stoked. I've never had the chance to go to one before anywhere, and the last time I was in Europe I was too young. I bumped into one of my friends who was also going to the party and we took the ferry over together and found our way to the beach.

It was windy and overcast, so there was actually not a lot of people choosing to be without clothing. :rolleyes: I don't let a little breeze stop me, so off the clothes went. We chatted, I did some yoga, and the birthday girl and I tried some easy partner yoga poses, which was harder than I expected, but really fun. Her husband will be sending me photos and I will share some of those. (Fingers crossed, Photobucket may not like them though, haha.) She showed me an active pigeon pose to engage some different hip tendons, so I'll be adding that to my stretching routine. She told me that many of the people in her pole class can't get as deep into pigeon as I can, so if I ever do take pole classes, I'll probably be able to get into the really acrobatic and bendy stuff! :D IT'S WORKING.

We decided to head back to the mainland around dinner time, but when we got to the ferry dock we found out we had an entire half hour to wait, so we sat down and had some more of our picnic. The friend I'd met up with on the way there had brought a baguette, fancy cheese, sausage, and something that looked like paté, and the birthday girl had a bottle of whiskey that got passed around. A perfect end to our island adventure!

I got home just after my husband had put the kids to bed. He went out to see a movie (the new X-Men), and a friend of mine came over. We had a great night, my husband came home (apparently the movie was actually decent), my friend left, and then it was time for bed!

All in all, the day was just about perfect. Except for my kids waking me up at 8 on a Sunday, I would totally do it all over again.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and a great start to week 5!! :love_heart: 

• Like 4

seems like you're having a good time Twilight :D and being epic on the side too :) i really need to catch up on everyone but there's just too much to do around here Xp

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

tumblr_n7qp6mmiqG1rx8c3po2_r1_500.png

OMG it is week 5 already.

You're doing awesomely. Congrats on the popular bit of writing that you did. Congrats on the 4 second handstand.

I'm going to tell my partner that it is a goal to go to Canadian Pride Day next year. Shamefully enough I've never been to a pride, but I want to be spackled in rainbows and glitter and half-naked just like everyone else. Ugh. I don't spend enough time with my people.

Anywhosy, great job! Go kick week 5 in the teeth!

• Like 2

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Scoreboard for Week 5
STR     1           7
DEX     2           6

STA     2           6
CON     1           2
WIS     2           4
CHA     0           0        
Total   8          25

Yesterday was awesome because: I GOT A HOOP!

Monday

Two bodyweight sets    STR   1

Hooping!               DEX   2

Walk 3.5km             STA   1

Chores                 STA   1

Good food day          CON   1

Rope (top)             WIS   1

Total                        8

So yeah, I bought myself a hula hoop! I couldn't resist any more, and they were at Dollarama. :D It's just a cheapie, but I can keep it up for waist hooping for a little while! And I did a bunch of arm and wrist stuff on my walk home from the subway station (instead of the hand dexterity exercises I've been doing). I'm going to pick up smaller ones today: one each for my kids, and one for me to bring to and from work to practice with on my walk. :D HOOOOOOOOOOPing!

I practiced some knots last night because on Sunday and Monday I'm taking a rope workshop for self-suspension. I'm really excited about it! Being upside-down is fun. :D

I won't have time to work out tonight because I'm going out, so I must do it tomorrow.

tumblr_lxa11fcN7a1r83a80o1_500.gif

Head stands are still quite awesome, congrats!

Thank you! :D I'm so pleased that I'm seeing progress! I don't know why that's surprising because I've been practicing, but it is. :lol:

seems like you're having a good time Twilight :D and being epic on the side too :) i really need to catch up on everyone but there's just too much to do around here Xp

It's a party I tell ya! :lol: And I knowwww ...! I keep trying to catch up but it's like bailing a leaky boat, and I don't want to just skim because I'll miss something amazing!

OMG it is week 5 already.

You're doing awesomely. Congrats on the popular bit of writing that you did. Congrats on the 4 second handstand.

I'm going to tell my partner that it is a goal to go to Canadian Pride Day next year. Shamefully enough I've never been to a pride, but I want to be spackled in rainbows and glitter and half-naked just like everyone else. Ugh. I don't spend enough time with my people.

Anywhosy, great job! Go kick week 5 in the teeth!

I know, right?

Thank youuu!

32zrtlk.gif

YOU MUST COME TO PRIDE. And yes, our people! I said those exact words during the Dyke March! ("The ground is covered in glitter! My people have been here!") I spend so much time with queers that it's a surprise to me when someone's straight. Like "oh right! some people do that!" haha.

Week 5 will be ours!!

tumblr_m8i2use5y31qbvh4go2_250.gif

• Like 4

WOO! I'm serving piping hot cups of awesome all day!

THAT'S a fact.

And yay for writing inspiration!

• Like 2

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

HOOP!

Clearly it's contagious.

I've spent some lovely recovery time reading lots and lots about hoops and watching videos and....

AND, showing Ten the videos, with the hopes that HE will love hooping too. It's a great idea to get them both for you and your kids! When I catch the hooping ownership affliction, I'll do the same thing.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Scoreboard for Week 5
STR     0           7
DEX     2           8

STA     1           7
CON     0           2
WIS     1           5
CHA     0           0        
Total   4          29

Yesterday was awesome because: I got three more hoops. :lol:

Tuesday

Hooping!               DEX   2

Walk 3.5km             STA   1

Total                        4

Yesterday was not bad, but today has been so busy that I don't remember much of what I did yesterday. I know I bought three of the small hoops - one each for my kids, and one for me for arm hooping. And I went to a social thing that was great!

Today I was on the island and I walked this much. I'm tired. I will update with details tomorrow!

Hooray for hooping!  I hope the kids end up enjoying it, so it can become a family fun activity.   :)  And great job with the headstand progress!

Yay! They're excited to try it! Thanks!

...totally thought you were going to say nads instead of teeth lol.

Belated congrats on the headstand!! Have fun with the hoop, they're an awesome workout you don't even realize you're getting till your abs suddenly hurt :)

lol :D Thanks! My arms are sore today from arm hooping.

• Like 2

I like to kick things figuratively in many areas... I was feeling teeth at that very moment.

Speaking of kicking things in sensitive areas, does anyone use this term or is it just me. **contains naughty language*

cunt punt. For ladies that piss you off so much you want to kick them in the junk.

• Like 3

I like to kick things figuratively in many areas... I was feeling teeth at that very moment.

Speaking of kicking things in sensitive areas, does anyone use this term or is it just me. **contains naughty language*

cunt punt. For ladies that piss you off so much you want to kick them in the junk.

No, but it is a funny term that should be used. ;)

• Like 2

Scoreboard for Week 5
STR     0           7
DEX     6          14

STA     4          11
CON     2           4
WIS     1           6
CHA     0           0        
Total  13          42

Yesterday was awesome because: I spent the day on the island again in beautiful weather, hooping and blowing bubbles and doing yoga.

Wednesday

Stretch/yoga           DEX   2

Hooping!               DEX   4

Walk 12km              STA   4

Good food day          CON   1

Early to bed           CON   1

Total                       13

Yesterday was our annual summer "fun day" on the island(s). I had my usual walk to the subway station (with my friend from out of town who'd visited for a social event on Tuesday night), then I walked to the ferry terminal. The ferry to Centre Island was 15 minutes away, but the Ward Island ferry was right there and boarding, so I figured "I'm really early, I'll just walk over" and I did. It was a lovely walk, too! The islands are beautiful, car-free, and so peaceful.

I hooped as I walked, and people passing by were all impressed by my skills. :lol: I told a few that I'd only just bought the hoops yesterday; apparently it doesn't take much to impress people! A group of kids at summer camp saw me and were in awe ...

Kid 1: "WOW! How does she get so good at that?"

Kid 2: "Lots of practice."

Kid 3: "I could do that."

I laughed. :lol:

I got to the picnic site and just hooped casually for a couple of hours, dancing ot the music (heard Pharrel's "Happy" for the first time). I brought three hoops: the big one and two small ones. One of my coworkers just picked up one of my hoops and started using it ... TWICE ... without asking! I would have been fine letting her do it if she'd asked, but she didn't, and so I was irritated. :wacko:

I forgot to reapply sunscreen, so I'm burnt, but hey. Aloe everywhere!

I decided to walk to the Hanlan ferry dock for the trip back because why not? And it's lovely to spend as much time as possible on the islands when you get there, so I headed out when the event was done and took nice long walk #2, including a stop at the clothing-optional beach for a bit. :D

All in all, I did this much walking on the islands! My wrists and hands have some bruising from the hooping. I figure that'll get better with practice. Waist hooping is challenging with the light, cheap hoop, but I was able to keep it up for a little while. I mostly did arm hooping, practiced tossing it up and catching it, passing from hand to hand, and stuff like that. Just messing around and trying things out. :)

Farmer's market today! Lunch is going to be great!

I haven't heard that one in a while! I'm a fan of the word, though I use it in a positive way and so don't use it in that phrase. :)

Trying to get Pharrel's "Happy" out of my head, so I'm listening to my "A Song that I Used to Know" playlist which has songs that remind me of Gotye's "Somebody that I Used to Know", so I'm listening to Tito & Tarantula's "After Dark". Possibly NSFW for sexy dancing Salma Hayek! Why put up the boring version of this video when we can have Salma Hayek?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qesXcZrWShw

• Like 2

Can't say that I've ever used that word in a positive way. I've come to the realization that I wish that I used the word twat more.

Anyways, I think you inspired me to procure bubbles for this weekend :)

My wrists and hands have some bruising from the hooping. I figure that'll get better with practice. Waist hooping is challenging with the light, cheap hoop, but I was able to keep it up for a little while. I mostly did arm hooping, practiced tossing it up and catching it, passing from hand to hand, and stuff like that. Just messing around and trying things out. :)

Sounds like a lovely day!  I remember for the first few weeks, I had weird bruises in so many places.  When I started hip hooping, I got bruises along my hip bones.  When I started doing chest, I had bruises there (ouch!).  And I got ones on the backs of my hands from the hand hooping.  After awhile, the bruises stop.  I'm not sure how much of it is getting your body conditioned, and how much of it is getting smoother and having better technique with the hoop.  

I prefer the light, cheap hoops for the off-body hooping, but it can be tricky to handle on-body stuff with them.  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Can't say that I've ever used that word in a positive way. I've come to the realization that I wish that I used the word twat more.

Anyways, I think you inspired me to procure bubbles for this weekend :)

Americans pronounce 'twat' hilariously!

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

So while I completely avoid the term twat and cunt (specially the latter!), I'm curious about them.  I know twat seems to be more accepted / put into practice in the UK, but what about cunt?  Do you guys say that too?  And Twilight that's for you too, since you're from "Canadia".  ;)

• Like 1

Xahn

Human Level 3 Adventurer

STR: 7 DEX: 5 STA: 2 CON: 5 WIS: 7 CHA: 6

Battle Log, Challenges: #1, #2, CURRENT

I like the word cunt because it feels like an equivalent to cock. They both roll off the tongue the same way, if you will.

I don't like the word twat. To me it's an unpleasant sounding word and is usually used in a derogatory way. I know that cunt is often used in the same way, but twat sounds soft and mushy, whereas cunt sounds strong and powerful. I'll take strong and powerful any day, thankyouverymuch.

I'm also a big fan of using the correct terms for body parts. It's what I teach my kids. I greatly prefer it to euphemism and nicknames that can disguise or infantilise any body parts.

Sounds like a lovely day!  I remember for the first few weeks, I had weird bruises in so many places.  When I started hip hooping, I got bruises along my hip bones.  When I started doing chest, I had bruises there (ouch!).  And I got ones on the backs of my hands from the hand hooping.  After awhile, the bruises stop.  I'm not sure how much of it is getting your body conditioned, and how much of it is getting smoother and having better technique with the hoop.  

I prefer the light, cheap hoops for the off-body hooping, but it can be tricky to handle on-body stuff with them.  

So lovely! :) Good to hear that the bruising is probably temporary.

• Like 2

hi Twilight :) I thought I'd drop in to let you know how awesome you are! I have been stalking your thread and because you're doing so well, we made you one of the Most Wanted Assassins this week :)

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48929-guild-information-and-announcements-subscribe/?p=1114840

• Like 4

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

AAAH! Thank you vengefulpear! :redface:

Scoreboard for Week 5
STR     7          14
DEX     5          19

STA     1          12
CON     2           6
WIS     1           7
CHA     2           2        
Total  18          60

Yesterday was awesome because: I did a 90 second front plank! AAAAAA! my abs!

Thursday

ABWW x2                STR   6

Hollow body holds      STR   1

Stretch/yoga           DEX   2

Hooping!               DEX   1

Inversions             DEX   2

Walk 3.5km             STA   4

Good food day          CON   1

Early to bed           CON   1

Hair maintenance       CHA   2     

Total                       18

I've been trying to add 5 seconds to my front plank for ABWW per week, and last night I figured I'd just aim for 90s, and I did it! I got to 70s for the second circuit, but that's ok. The hollow body holds were killer, too; 40s x2 for that. ABS OF STEEL will be mine. :lol:

My friend came over last night so that I could cut her hair. It's a thing I've been doing for my husband and kids, and then there's this whole shaving thing (I have a safety razor - one of the originals that looks like a straight razor - it's really fun). So I cut off 12" that she's going to donate, and dyed the rest purple! I gave myself 2 points for that, since it wasn't my own hair. Also, there was some dye left, so now my underarm hair is purple because this is how I roll.

HUGE weekend coming up! Hanging out with a friend tonight, tea tomorrow, party tomorrow night, then a two day rope workshop (Sunday and Monday)!

Next challenge I will be tracking STR DEX and STA seprately from CON WIS and CHA to make sure I get my minimum physical stuff happening in addition to life stuff. I also need to define what a "good food day" is (it's rather nebulous right now and is basically "no junk food" - but what qualifies as junk food?), among other things.

I don't think I'm going to be signing up for the Lake Swim in August after all. The water is damn cold! So cold that it's not enjoyable, and I'm not enough of a masochist to put my body into shock for that again. It was really hard last year. Clearly I'm not one to shy away from something because it's difficult, but right now I'm thinking that the difficulty outweighs the benefits I'd get from participating. Maybe if I can get myself a wet suit by then I'll change my mind, but I need a regular bathing suit first, and money, right? Ugh.

Just watched this and literally got goosebumps!

Been listening to deep wobbly dubstep all week, like this:

• Like 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines