The CutLasses: Sailing fer Fortune n' Adventure in the Indies, Arrr!

Aye, me bonny lasses, when we last left off our story

we were a-huntin' a fine little brigantine.

Perhaps we shall catch her yet...

Join us on our hunt fer fortune n' adventure aboard the Queen O' Swords,

where we ply the waves in search of our true treasures - freedom n' friendship!

TheCutlasses2_zps3fc0cd00.png

We are the Pirate Queens...

Fierce in our commitment to our goals

and determined to pursue our destinies

wherever our dreams may take us.

gallery_17054_1045_17687.jpg

We raise our standard and set sail!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

gallery_17054_1045_5765.jpg

To come aboard, sign on here. Then grab a mug of rum and introduce yerself.

Crew Manifest

AddisonNemeth

AprilMay

DeepGreen Eden

d'har

Elinox

ShadowLion

Sirona

tigs.xx

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hale and well met, me bonny lasses - I'm ShadowLion, the captain o' the Queen O' Swords!

The CutLasses have been adventurin' fer two challenges now n' in this one the crew is already a-trailing a likely prize. Welcome aboard and may this little adventure provide a welcome respite from undue seriousness, a chance teh kick back wi' a drop o' rum or other piratical beverage o' yer choice, and hang out wi' some lasses that like swords n' sails n' pirate tales while they pursue goals worthy o' singing about in a shanty.

Aye, there will be awesome deeds aplenty this challenge, I ken feel it in me bones!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hail Captain,

Well met. I'm a lass who's in search of a new adventure. If yer set to plunder on the high seas, I'd like a share of the booty (and the rum). I'm quick with a cutlass and I knows me larboard from me starboard, so's I'm fixin' to be a a good addition te th' Queen O'Swords. 

• Like 1

Druidic Adventurer

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 0.5

Weight Loss Goal (started 01-01-2013):

65%
65%

I be wantin' teh sail again wit this fine crew o' lassies, huzzah! An' I cin vouch fer our fine sailin' skills an' piratical attitudes since I was bosun last challenge (an' this time if'n the cap'n permits?). Arrrrr! Signed up an' ready teh go, prepare to weigh anchor!

Drink up, me hearties, YO HO!

• Like 1

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

Hail Captain,

Well met. I'm a lass who's in search of a new adventure. If yer set to plunder on the high seas, I'd like a share of the booty (and the rum). I'm quick with a cutlass and I knows me larboard from me starboard, so's I'm fixin' to be a a good addition te th' Queen O'Swords. 

Welcome aboard, Sirona! Happy that a fine lass like yerself has chosen teh set sail on the Queen o' Swords this challenge. We be fixin' fer adventures and lots o' booty n' rum...

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I be wantin' teh sail again wit this fine crew o' lassies, huzzah! An' I cin vouch fer our fine sailin' skills an' piratical attitudes since I was bosun last challenge (an' this time if'n the cap'n permits?). Arrrrr! Signed up an' ready teh go, prepare to weigh anchor!

Drink up, me hearties, YO HO!

Elinox, I'll always be a-wantin' ye as my bonny bosun on any ship I may be fortunate enough teh captain! Welcome back n' let us renew our pursuit o' that brigantine forthwith...

I'll be a pesterin' that elusive DeepGreenEden teh get out o' the riggin' n' back teh her duties, too.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Aaar. Trying teh get an embed o' the "Female Sea Captains" skit fer yer viewing pleasure...

Evidently Hulu does not allow that?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/560124

Or I'm a technologically challenged old pirate queen...

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I'm a waitin' teh hear how Beaucastle does at cannon this weekend at the Billy Bowlegs Festival. Hopin' teh have some pictures o' it fer ye once the challenge starts. I'm betting my money on the pirates, tho', don't yeh know.

An I, bein' a right proud pirate o' course, swiped this video n' followed the above link off'n Chris-Tien Jinn's thread wherein she gets shanghaied an' taken aboard a pirate ship. Makes fer some fine readin' when ye aren't on watch. But if ye be short on time, ye kin have one stop shoppin' fer the piratical type media elements.

Har, this sorry excuse fer a bard has obviously never met one o' the CutLasses! Me eyepatch and me pistols be jest fine, thank'y very much. :pirate:

Plus, I'm a-savin' a little surprise fer all ye fine Lassies fer about halfway through the challenge...

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Welcome back, DGE! And ye be overly modest, lass. Cabin wench-har! :biggrin-new:

Don't let 'er pull yer leg, Sirona. She's a top notch sailor in the riggin' n' on the deck, n' she went after a giant squid once wit' jest the knife in 'er hand. Cut off'n a tentacle n' fed it teh the ship's cat, she did. "Somebody" was one happy cat that day!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hi Lasss :D is thar a place for one more pirate on yerr fine Ship?

• Like 1

Worgen Adventurer STR - 4  DEX - 1 STA - 1 CON - 3 WIS - 4 CHA - 5

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

Hi Lasss :D is thar a place for one more pirate on yerr fine Ship?

Welcome teh the crew, AddisonNemeth! Ye've been added teh the Manifest, Come share a mug o' rum afore we get down teh some serious piratin'! * Raises mug *

What be yer story n' what do ye seek?

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I am an adventurer who was overweight for most o' me life. I need t' loose 30 kg.  I be lookin' for a positive crew who will keep me on t' starboard course o' sail. loosin' weight, gainin' muscle and havin' fun

• Like 1

Worgen Adventurer STR - 4  DEX - 1 STA - 1 CON - 3 WIS - 4 CHA - 5

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

Welcome back, DGE! And ye be overly modest, lass. Cabin wench-har! :biggrin-new:

Don't let 'er pull yer leg, Sirona. She's a top notch sailor in the riggin' n' on the deck, n' she went after a giant squid once wit' jest the knife in 'er hand. Cut off'n a tentacle n' fed it teh the ship's cat, she did. "Somebody" was one happy cat that day!

Harr-arr-arr! Anythin' fer th' ship's most spoiled crewmember. Who knew she liked squiddy bits?

I am an adventurer who was overweight for most o' me life. I need t' loose 30 kg.  I be lookin' for a positive crew who will keep me on t' starboard course o' sail. loosin' weight, gainin' muscle and havin' fun

Welcome aboard then! Tis a good place t'do just that. *raises mug as well*

• Like 1

Somebody is an adventuresome sea-foodie, she is. The envy o' her litter mates, the little kitten who went teh sea n' made good. Er, well, sort of. :pirate:

CutLasses! I have an idea n' a gaming proposition fer ye that I believe may warm yer black piratical hearts.

Look sharp teh yer inboxes fer the details, as this is a secret mission. We would not want our next prize teh know we be a watchin' n' waitin' fer our chance...

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

When last we left off'n our story, Bonny Bosun Elinox had posted:

Night has come and the bosun be strollin' the deck, keepin' sharp eyes trained on the brigantine. The ship be a good 10 leagues off but she cin still spot the faintly glowin' deck lights. Eli motions to DeepGreenEden who's still aloft, also watching intently, and waves her bandanna in the dark. The motion should capture the other woman's attention. Then she makes her way to the captain's quarters. Knocking softly, she enters and nods to ShadowLion. "We cin easily draw full sail and make fast to catch that thar ship, cap'n. When'ere ye be ready."

in the Cutlasses thread from last challenge.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

"How soon can ye switch out the sails fer our dark ones, Bosun? We don't want teh risk the moonlight giving us away if the wind changes n' slows our speed," says the Cap'n.

"We can have them up at the quarter-hour, Cap'n," Elinox replies.

"Very good. As soon as they are up, set our course. We should be fast upon them by gray light," ShadowLion says.

"Aye, Cap'n. And swift n' silent we will run. All the lasses have the word."

ShadowLion stands n' claps Elinox on the back, "We shall have our prize soon enough, or at the very least, a fine adventure!"

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Ahoy, Queen O Swords! Topman d'har askin' permission t'come aboard!

I'm handy on deck and aloft, and belt out a rousing shanty or two.   I've learned the ropes on a caravel (the Nina), a top'sl ketch( Hawaiian Chieftain) and the prettiest brig on the 7 seas (Lady Washington). In fact, it's that little brig that's inspired me to go on this adventure to better me skills 'afore she calls t'me salty heart again.  If y'show me 'er articles, I'll put me X down and walk the skies with ye a while!

higgie_orig.jpg

• Like 2

Level 2 Satyr Adventurer

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 2

Welcome aboard the Queen o' Swords, dhar! Ye be a fine addition teh the crew!

Look teh yer rebel inbox n' ye'll see we pirate queens have a little plannin' goin' on...

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Greetings lassies!!

I'm a'wantin to climb aboard and sail the sea w'ye.

I've a no sailing under my belt, but I can swab a deck and handle me cutlass like a fish in the water!

• Like 1

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

Arrr lassies, be thar room for one more on your ship?

I can climb to the sails with ease and have a keen eye f'r spying things afar. My jar of dirt is always in one hand with me rum in the other!

• Like 1

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

Greetings lassies!!

I'm a'wantin to climb aboard and sail the sea w'ye.

I've a no sailing under my belt, but I can swab a deck and handle me cutlass like a fish in the water!

Arrr lassies, be thar room for one more on your ship?

I can climb to the sails with ease and have a keen eye f'r spying things afar. My jar of dirt is always in one hand with me rum in the other!

Welcome aboard, AprilMay n' tigs.xx! The rest o' the crew n' I are up teh a little mischief, chasin' down that brigantine. Check yer inboxes fer some news o' what we plan.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

"How soon can ye switch out the sails fer our dark ones, Bosun? We don't want teh risk the moonlight giving us away if the wind changes n' slows our speed," says the Cap'n.

"We can have them up at the quarter-hour, Cap'n," Elinox replies.

"Very good. As soon as they are up, set our course. We should be fast upon them by gray light," ShadowLion says.

"Aye, Cap'n. And swift n' silent we will run. All the lasses have the word."

ShadowLion stands n' claps Elinox on the back, "We shall have our prize soon enough, or at the very least, a fine adventure!"

DeepGreenEden waves her bandanna in response ta Elinox, an' keeps a steady watch while th' bosun confers with th' cap'n. Th' ship's large black feline has taken ta restin' at her feet, maybe beggin' fer any more bits of sea creature, maybe just wantin' a scratch between th' ears. Which Eden gives her, th' spoiled thing.

"Aye, that pretty little brigantine won't escape us," she murmurs. "An' once I get a share o' treasure, I be on th' path ta good fortune. Whatcha say ta that?"

Somebody purrs an' nuzzles an affectionate palm.

(Also, welcome aboard dhar, AprilMay, an' tigs! :pirate: )

• Like 2

So a little background on how we progressed the story last time...

Each lass can take a turn at advancing the story how she likes. Examples here.

It's just for fun and you don't have to be a novelist or anything.

This group is mainly for three things:

1) Having a little piratical fun away from the seriousness of our challenge goals

2) Supporting each other in our challenge goals on our individual threads

3) Spreading the piratical cheer to encourage and inspire other rebels in their challenges

Tailor your participation to fit your schedule and your needs. First and foremost, take the time and energy you need to accomplish your challenge. That comes first. Then, have some fun and participate as you can in CutLass! activities. Encourage your fellow CutLasses, and they will do the same!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir