[Zasiel] Zazzy's Cosplay, Confidence, & Color Run Adventure!

Main Quest:

COLOR RUN in Sept with my team (Might try to do one in August if I can get a buddy)

Side Quests:

• Complete Zombie Run's 5k program (starting this week)
  • Complete 6 weeks (hopefully go for full 10) of  Bodyweight Training App's program at beginner level
  • Go on a hike/walk adventure weekly

MOTIVATION: I want to have the stamina and the energy to live my life not just survive it. I've always been self conscious because even though I have been of average size my face has always been chubby. I really want to tone up and gain some muscle to bump up my confidence and hopefully it will help me stop being so shy. I have a certain cosplay that I have purposefully not finished because I'm scared to wear it but THIS IS THE YEAR. The end of the month I will wear the damn thing, I know I can get myself there!

This is the dress,

v47bs1.jpg

Life Quest: Complete my online course with at least 90%

• Like 4

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild.  It looks like with the Bodyweight Training app workouts you may have goals similar to many in our guild work on, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!  Also, I love the cosplay dress.  Very cute.

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

The cosplay is adorable. I can't wait to see you rock it!

All the best and you'll see, the Zombies, Run app is a lot of fun. :-)

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Good Luck!! 

I just looked at the bodyweight training app and it looks awesome! I think I might download it and create a custom workout based on my training program so I can use the interactive timers. 

It is really helpful, I enjoy that it's easy to start with at home and you don't need to have all the extra equipment. Highly recommend it!

Hello!

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

Thanks so much, I was looking at the assassins earlier and that makes me so happy that I seem to fit it. I'll definitely be checking out that group!

The cosplay is adorable. I can't wait to see you rock it!

All the best and you'll see, the Zombies, Run app is a lot of fun. :-)

I am loving it, I did the normal one a few times and then realized they have a special 5k one so I'm starting again but it's so much better than trying to force running. 

• Like 1

Welcome to NF Zazzy. 

You might notice that I've added an extra tag to your list - Scouts.  This tag is mainly to bring you to the attention of the Scouts' ambassadors because of your main quest to complete the colour run.  They're a great bunch and they will definitely help you with any advice, support or encouragement that you need.  You are also welcome to pop into their tavern to say hi and introduce yourself to them. 

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Costuming/cosplay is a lot of fun and a great motivation for getting in shape.  Do you have an event for your costume, or just planning to wear it around town?

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Costuming/cosplay is a lot of fun and a great motivation for getting in shape.  Do you have an event for your costume, or just planning to wear it around town?

I do! I have one at the end of the month I can wear the dress to and then big ol' Pax Prime at the end of August as well. Suuuuper excited now!

• Like 1

Some friends of mine did the ColorRun.  It was awesome.  I might do that for my 5K challenge..  :)

You can rock it...  :)

WXStormer - Level 4 Adventurer - Challenges Completed Successfully:  3

Introduction   Challenge Threads:  1 2 3 Failures: 2, 4, 4  Current:4

My Fitness Log:  http://twitter.com/jeffreyfitness (Walks/Activities are Automatically Logged Here) - My Personal Blog
Fitbit Account | MapMyFitness Link | BattleLog | Accountability Post

Camp Nerd Fitness 2014 Comments:  Part 1: Camp Nerd Fitness Post-Mortem     Part 2: The Road Ahead

Progress Goal:
Weight Loss:  

2%
2%

Hi there! I’m an Ambassador from the Scouts Guild, we’re all about endurance sports like running, swimming, and cycling. I see you’re interested in running as well! That’s fabulous. If you’d like to meet some other Rebels with similar interests you should come by our Tavern anytime, whether to ask questions or just to say, “hi!” You can get there by following the link in my signature or clicking here.

Best of luck to you in your first challenge – of course I will be stopping by regularly to see how you’re doing.

I’m excited to see you’re using a 5K app – I’ve been training with the Zombies, Run! 5K app myself. I’ve really enjoyed it and made a lot of progress. If you’d like to hang out with other Rebels who are using C25K or another running app, come visit our Accountabilibuddies group! Again, the link is in my signature or you can click here. Accountabilibuddies groups are the perfect way for newer Rebels to make friends and get the hang of the forums.

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

These sound like great reasons to get out and train!!  I was going to do a color run, but ended up with a conflict that morning .... still 5Ks have gotten so popular that I'll be able to find one.

How'd the first week go??

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

UPDATES: I was sick T_T I have one more day to finish on the first week of the z5k, I think I can easily fit that into this week or next depending on when this stupid cold goes away.

And now I am behind in my bodyweight workouts but only by a day. Thank goodness I started a little bit earlier that June 9 or I'd be feeling pretty bad. I think I can catch back up and get where I want to be for next week if this lets up in the next day or two. 

Thank you for the support guys! I'll try to have do more interesting things for my next update. I'll take pictures too!

• Like 3

Looks like a great update to me! Try not to focus on "catching up", that can be a dangerous slope because you'll be mad at past you and lose faith in future you. Just focus on building those awesome new habits each day!

Feel better soon, Zazzy!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Take some time to rest and then you can come back super strong. :D 

You've done great already, so don't beat yourself up. :)

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Great advice, I just want to get back into the habits. I was feeling so great about what was doing and able to accomplish this was kind of a smack in the face. Especially since it set me back in my work hours so I'm feeling stressed from that. 

Thanks for checking in ^^

• Like 2

As mentioned above, don't worry about catching up, if you need rest, you need rest and stressing about it doesn't help you get back to it faster.

That said, if you feel like you need a workout, but don't feel up to a full one, just do some light bodyweight stuff at home.

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Heya :) just wandering past to say best of luck with your challenge :) always wanted to do a colour run XD hope thats a blast!!

Iv just started a 5K program myself so will b drawing on cha for inspiration, you seem to be ahead of me! XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!â€
Hunter S. Thompson

Current ChallengePrevious Challenge, Daily Battle Log

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

STR 5|DEX 1|STA 5|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 1

Muscles don't know anything about a schedule.  Just hop back into workouts!!!

How did you do with week 2???

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

51A%2Bsh4kl3L._SX300_.jpg

We be out looking for an update, matey!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

I don't have much to post for this week either, it was still a lot of recovery. My voice is starting to sounds normal again.

I have only been able to go for one run (which went really well) and do a few exercises at home but I think everything has past so I'm going to be able to start again.

I went to my convention but there was a slight mishap with paint on my dress so I had to wear Bulma instead, STILL HAD FUN!

amjp3.jpg

• Like 5

Nice outfit!!  I'm glad you had a good time!!  Fit in whatever exercises you can.  Some days, all I can do is run up and down stairs and do desk pushups and lunges. 

Some sort of Jedi .....

You look AMAZING. I'm loving this cosplay so much right now.

And good job on fitting exercise in your schedule. That's what matters the most. Anything is better than nothing and I'm glad that run went well. :D

Drinking tea with the Mad Hatter; sorry for any typos, sent from Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Just stopping by to see how you're doing!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines