[Katastrophenkatzchen] Preparing for war

Introduction:

The young troll tailor Katastrophenkatzchen rummage around in her pattern collection."It has to be here... somewhere!", she muttered. Her plan was to sew this specific perfect pair of trousers and she knew exactly the right paatern for it. "Got ya!", she triumphed, while pulling out a little envelope. "okay, how much fabric do I need. Let's see---- WHAT?", the troll yelledc, compairing her meassurements with the chart." Noway!That can't be true. Nasty pattern! I can't be a size 18! Ridiculous!"

She stormed out of the little cabin to release her anger. While she wandered though the town she saw strange things.... new watch towers, baracks, marching soldiers.... What was happening?

Could it be.... the return of the scourge?

Or wourse... the burning legion?

I have been here for the previous challenge but stated too late, it was already 3 weeks done.

So, I start this challenge as a level 0 and have a level up halfway throught (I'm looking forward to it and am not flexible enough in my mind yet to change it, will be working on it).

As I think tackling all three burdens at once would be hard, I'll introduce 1 burden at a time/challenge.

Last challenge I started yoga (and love it!), this time I bring running back to my routine  and next challenge I'll add bodyweight workout to achieve a pullup someday.

So this is the plan:

Main quest:

Be no burden in war/zombie apocalypse and be able to sew that pants .

For being no burden I want to achieve 3 things:

- Being able to run away from zombies

- Pull myself up (for example up a fire ladder to escape that way)

- be flexible and have a sane mind through yoga ( and keep it sane ;) )

Quest 1: Do yoga 3 times a week (+DEX, +STR)

A-3 times a week

B- 2 times a week

F- less than 2 times a week

Quest 2: Do zombies, Run! C25K 3 times a week (+DEX,+STA)

A-3 times a week

B- 2 times a week

F- less than 2 times a week

Quest 3: Follow the happy herbivore meal plan, but stuck up to 1700 kcal (+500kcal) (+CON)

(I like having these preplaned mealplans but the start  at 1200kcal and you shall decide yourself if you stick to those 1200 or bulk up. I don't think it would be good too eat so low calories, because I'm large framen AND start running, so I'll add an extra smoothie before exercise and a small snack in the afternoon or so, adding up to 500 extra kcal. If I feel that's too low, I'll think about adding more and inform you about it.)

A-7 days a week

B- 1 take out or else

F- more than 2 failed meals

Quest 4: Resulting out of the above.... reduce bodyfat % from 33,4 % to 31,5 % = -2% (+CHA)

win/fail

Lifequest: Study 1,5 h daily ADDITIONALLY to classes.

A-1,5 h+ 5 days a week

B- 1 h 5 days a week or 1,5 h 4 days a week

F- less than  1h 5 days a week or 1,5 h 4 days a week

• Like 11

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Reserved for meassurements....

I will take a photo at the beginning and end of this challenge and meassure with a meassurements tape. There will be a picture of my list in here.

Start pictures:

Jun/Jul 2014 Midsection closeup

(Better pics will follow, but) I really like this one.... Seems like I actually HAVE muscles in the midsections... under all that fat!

June challenge 14 Start pic front

June Challenge 14 Starting pics side

June Challenge 14 Starting pics rear view

Meassurements:

Week 0: Start stats                Week 6: End Stats

Neck         39.5 cm

Chest     100    cm

Waist        85,5 cm

Hips        112    cm

Wrist         17    cm

Forearm    27   cm

Weight  87.7 kg

Bodyfat  34.3%

Challenge Stats sheet:

Stats sheet june 10th

Challenge points sheet:

Prepraring for war sheet

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Welcome!

Zombie apocalypse? Oh man! The Zombies, Run will definitely help you get ready for one of those. :-) I'm going to follow your thread because your goals are awesome.

All the best!

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

I'm going to be doing the C25K as well, but not the zombie app (zombies really freak me out!). Have you already started it or done it before? 

I haven't started, I'll start on monday..

Thank you everybody for stoping by despite the fact that my thread isn't full yet.

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

This should be awesome. Can't wait to see your final version.

I think I'm with Hazard on the pronunciation of your username - maybe by the end of this challenge. Whenever I need to write it out on the No Soda PVP, I copy/paste it...

How do you pronounce it?

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My username is made up of the words for catastrophe and kitten.

I pronounce it the german way "Katastrophen" with both "a" like in "car" and the "e" is more like in "silent".

"katzchen" is the more like kaz-chen .

Does that help?

• Like 3

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Hi Katz, welcome back to the challenges.  Seeing as you've already half completed a challenge you're more than welcome to move over to the Druids.  You might find more support and encouragement there than otherwise.  You are of course most welcome to stay here but let me know if you'd like to head there (or elsewhere).

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hi Katz, welcome back to the challenges.  Seeing as you've already half completed a challenge you're more than welcome to move over to the Druids.  You might find more support and encouragement there than otherwise.  You are of course most welcome to stay here but let me know if you'd like to head there (or elsewhere).

Good luck

AB xx

Thank you, but the rules state that I have to complete more than 4 weeks and I didn't... So, as long as there isn't a zombie apocalypse I'll follow the rules.

But if I'm allowed I'll drop by in the forest ;)

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

My username is made up of the words for catastrophe and kitten.

I pronounce it the german way "Katastrophen" with both "a" like in "car" and the "e" is more like in "silent".

"katzchen" is the more like kaz-chen .

Does that help?

Yes. Thank you. It's a cool username and I like the idea of a "catastrophic kitten." I have a couple of those at my house!

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I'm in for the sheer Troll-druidy-ness.You have some great goals, good luck!

For the Horde...um...no...The Rebellion!!

• Like 2

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

Yes. Thank you. It's a cool username and I like the idea of a "catastrophic kitten." I have a couple of those at my house!

Haha, my boyfriend always says I don't need a cat because I'm one myself.... but a life without kitten is possible but meaningless, am I right?

Edit: cat curse.... yeah... sure lolz.

I'm in for the sheer Troll-druidy-ness.You have some great goals, good luck!

For the Horde...um...no...The Rebellion!!

FOR THE HORDE!!!! *cough*

I'm sorry....

And thank you!

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Haha, my boyfriend always says I don't need a cat because I'm one myself.... but a life without kitten is possible but meaningless, am I right?

Right! Here are mine...

Eight months ago:

sml_gallery_17054_1045_17537.jpg

Now:

sml_gallery_17054_1045_7228.jpg

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Right! Here are mine...

Eight months ago:

sml_gallery_17054_1045_17537.jpg

Now:

sml_gallery_17054_1045_7228.jpg

Kitties! And they are "so fluffy I gonna die!"

Hi katastrophenkatzchen! We already know each other from the C25K group but I wanted to come by, check out your goals, and say GOOD LUCK!!

I'll make sure to come by every once in a while to see how it's going :)

Hi Kailer, thank you I have checked your thread too. This will be awesome :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Ahem.... I guess I was half asleep when Typing the headline.... Preparating???? :redface-new: 

This is a little... embarrassing.

I'll try to doublecheck future posts.

Anyways.... I just finished the last day of my 30 day yoga challenge and wanted to celebrate with you!

Woohoo!

Das-ARCOTEL-Onyx-Team-liess-zum-Jubilaeu

• Like 2

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Congrats! Was it the Erin Motz 30 day challenge or another one? 

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Congrats! Was it the Erin Motz 30 day challenge or another one? 

Yes it was... she is really gorgeous.... I just couldn't bring myself to hate her even when I sweared hard in some of the workouts :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Katastrophenkatzchen roamed through the town to find someone to ask for information... What was doing on? All the heroes and warriors were in Pandaria with the war chief. Her chest swell with pride when she thought about the war chief being the leader of her tribe. When Garrosh was war chief there were no trolls or tauren or any other race in Orgrimmar... at least not for long. He chased everyone out who wasn't an orc and she would have to make long walks to come to her training.

Even if it wasn't her own, the cabin she shared with her undead boyfriend was more comfortable and in short distance to her job, so she really liked the new regime, even without knowing all the stories of the war crimes of the now former war chief. Therefore she looked around enjoying to be able to move freely around the town.

So I did my first run on Zombies, Run! C25K and I loved it!

Here the stats:

Distance: 3.67 km Duration: 38:59 Average Speed: 5.65 km/h Average Pace:

10:36 min/km

I simply can't believe how much out of shape I am.

When I read that I'll walk most of the time I thought "Ah come on... I can run for a little while!" but I trusted the programm and boy, I was covert in sweat....

Funnily when the first 10 min were up and I had to start running I was halfway up a little hill and almost laughted loud about it. One hill on the whole tour and I had to ran up.

But it made me ridiculously happy to run to Dr. Alban ( :D),madhouse and Guns'n Roses.

And BOY, are there a lot of people in the park running on a holiday at 8 am!

I planed which road I'll try next time and planned with yoga courses I want to do on MyYogaPro. I selected 3 courses with 6 classes each so I'll do 1 class per week of those 3.

For a pre-workout snack I ate a banana and a cup of almond milk. This was enough and kept me going.

I just need to figure out how to stay hydrated on longer runs.

I don't really want to carry a water bottle all the way.

Food-wise it's a pretty good day... I had breakfast ready to grab after the shower and a delish lunch (BBQ Chickpea salad).

Lots of veggies and fruit today.

• Like 5

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Congratulations on finishing the challenge :). I love her workouts, I love them even enough to do the challenge again in the next 6 weeks. Do you know yet what kind of yoga you are going to do in the coming weeks? I also love the rest of your challenge, your goals are similar to mine :). I'll follow you!

Yeah I've seen your thread too. Let do this together and cheer for each other!

"we're there for each other... Wooohoooo we'll repair on another " xD

I'll do Myyogapro.... it's with Erin too! As there is no yoga course in the studio I decided to go this month I send the money on the fee for MyYogaPro.

Did anyone else notice that these lovely cats changed sides? ^^

Now that you mention it....

Congratulations, well done! \o/ 

Thank you. :redface:

Edit: I'm THIS close to break something... can't get the video to work and am working on it for half an hour now!

Edit2: Thanks to Hazard I can do embedded videos now... WOOHOO!

• Like 2

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines