[Sienna] The Map

Good day, fellow rebels! I salute you!

pirates-of-car.gif

Welcome to my first challenge: Finding the Map!

bYvO3.jpg

Every pirate's dream is to find the treasure... but the treasure cannot be found without a map first. You need a plan!
And so, this is mine:

Bark_Header.gif

Main Quest:

Drop the extra weight I possess

(Around 20 lbs)

Objectives:

1) Do the Beginner Body Weight Workout at least 3 times per week

(So I can gain strength for future pole dancing incursions)

2) Include in one of your meals of the day a reasonable portion of vegetables

(at least a quarter of the plate)

3) Drop the soda

(Definitely)

Bark_Header.gif

And so, there you have it! My first steps towards the hunt for the booty!

But remember one important thing:

tumblr_lk4kj02tTp1qignq2o1_500.gif

• Like 5

Level 0 Medusa Assassin
STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Current Challenge:

The Map

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild.  I see you've listed yourself as an Assassin in your signature.  We’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild.  I see you've listed yourself as an Assassin in your signature.  We’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

Hello!

Thanks for the intro and all the info. I'll check it out! And I look forward to receiving any feedback or support you can provide.

• Like 1

Level 0 Medusa Assassin

Current Challenge:

The Map

/wave

And I will, of course, be following your thread, O, fellow Black Dog Tamer!!!

Come to the assassins (after you finish level 1) ... we have pole dancing and hula hooping and lots of pirates!!  :pirate:

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

/wave

And I will, of course, be following your thread, O, fellow Black Dog Tamer!!!

Come to the assassins (after you finish level 1) ... we have pole dancing and hula hooping and lots of pirates!!  :pirate:

/waves back

Aww, thank you Chris!

Sure thing! I've had my heart set on the assassins since the very moment I read about them. I've never been able to hula hoop but I'll be glad to give it a try in the company of all the ninjas and pirates you've got! ;)

Level 0 Medusa Assassin

Current Challenge:

The Map

Ooooh, Pirates! Love your quest theme and your treasure map!

If you want a little help on kicking the soda habit, you might like the No Soda PVP.

Oh! An there be lady pirates aboard the Queen o' Swords if'n yer lookin' fer an accountabilibuddy group, too! Aaar.

Good luck n' may yer map be clear n' yer treasure plentiful! :pirate:

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Wowza, so many people!

Thank you everyone! I'll be sure to check your challenges and support you as well! :D

• Like 1

Level 0 Medusa Assassin

Current Challenge:

The Map

Best of Luck, especially on giving up soda. I keep trying and can never seem to kick the habit (although I've settled for diet soda only which helps), I found that flavored sparkling waters helped a lot though so I offer that advice.

Can't wait to see you hit your goals!!

• Like 1

Best of Luck, especially on giving up soda. I keep trying and can never seem to kick the habit (although I've settled for diet soda only which helps), I found that flavored sparkling waters helped a lot though so I offer that advice.

Can't wait to see you hit your goals!!

Thank you!!

Surprisingly, giving up soda hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I just get bored of having to drink only water (I'll try sparkling water instead - thanks for the tip!)

Best of luck to you too!

• Like 1

Level 0 Medusa Assassin

Current Challenge:

The Map

Yeap - I do tire of just water sometimes.  A little lemon or lime juice helps.  And then there is always herbal teas.

How are you doing on veggies and body weight workouts??

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Ohhhh I love pirates! Welcome welcome! 

How are your workouts going? :)

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Yeap - I do tire of just water sometimes.  A little lemon or lime juice helps.  And then there is always herbal teas.

How are you doing on veggies and body weight workouts??

Ohhhh I love pirates! Welcome welcome! 

How are your workouts going? :)

Great, thank you!

I've been doing pretty well with my goals for now, although I had to miss one veggie day yesterday since I was out. But on a positive note, I've discovered that lettuce spinach salads are heaven-like!

I'm also getting better with the bodyweight workout. Lunges were killing me at first but I've gotten more used to them. So yep.

• Like 3

Level 0 Medusa Assassin

Current Challenge:

The Map

Yay! Spinach is soooooo good. :) 

And I'm so glad you're already seeing progress with your body weight workout. You rock!

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Welcome to your first challenge!  I see you are starting off great :)

I had a eat more veggies goal in my first challenge a year ago.  I am happy to report that it is nice finding new ways to eat veggies.  Good luck with the no Soda goal.  I am doing all water nowadays.  it took me a good couple of weeks to get rid of soda completely.  Plus I had terrible withdraws.  It was my only source of caffeine since I never was a tea or coffee drinker.

If you need any question or need some help this challenge, feel free to stop over at the Adventure's Tavern.  Lots of Adventures have similar goals.  We like to try to help ;)

I've been doing pretty well with my goals for now, although I had to miss one veggie day yesterday since I was out. But on a positive note, I've discovered that lettuce spinach salads are heaven-like!

I'm also getting better with the bodyweight workout. Lunges were killing me at first but I've gotten more used to them. So yep.

YEA!!  Take lunges slowly and concentrate on good form.  They pay huge dividends in terms of strong legs - a little goes a long ways.

Join our Veggie Alphabet Challenge!!!  (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46407-ongoing-vegetable-alphabet-challenge-pve/)  I am not good with vegetables - so this is one way to get me to eat more of them. 

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

Ah, the veggies! My go to solution is the organic spring mix in the tub from Costco. Great buy and a very versatile base for other veggies. A big salad every day for lunch or dinner topped with whatever sliced or diced veggies you have on hand, a sprinkle of nuts or pepitas and a nice vinaigrette. Throw on a protein source as needed, or a little cheese if it's in your diet plan...Mmmm. Never have to have exactly the same thing twice, unless you want to.

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines