The Druid's glade, the place to be

I am Eve

Dear Druids, I bid you a fond welcome to this next challenge.

Please enter and sit down in the glade, listen to the birds, look at the butterflies and make yourselves at home.

There are extra yoga mats by the rock to the right and I recommend the east corner for practice. Meditation is in the morning and evening and if you like there'll be a noon practice as well.

In the evenings we gather round the fire, smoke a pipe and tell stories......

• Like 2

Hey, umm...can we move some rocks around and paint some lines on the ground to create a Circle of Protection vs. the Ethanol Demons?

Basically, a thread where those of us trying to drink less (I think there are at least 3 of us this round?) can provide moral support to one another. It'll be like a group of accountabilibuddies, and will be easier to keep track of when free time gets scarce, since there will only be one thread to check. It should also be a good place to share drink recipes that can substitute alcoholic drinks during times of cravings.

And I am a huge fan of lemon ginger green tea as a substitute for anything or just as an amazing tonic. Take two lemons, roll them to loosen the juice, halve them and squeeze the juice into a teapot. Throw the lemon halves in the pot too for the oils. Add a green tea bag and as much chopped fresh ginger as you like. Cover with hot water and let steep. Totally yummy.

• Like 2

Hey, umm...can we move some rocks around and paint some lines on the ground to create a Circle of Protection vs. the Ethanol Demons?

Basically, a thread where those of us trying to drink less (I think there are at least 3 of us this round?) can provide moral support to one another. It'll be like a group of accountabilibuddies, and will be easier to keep track of when free time gets scarce, since there will only be one thread to check. It should also be a good place to share drink recipes that can substitute alcoholic drinks during times of cravings.

Yes, great idea!

Circle of Protection vs. the Ethanol Demons 

And I am a huge fan of lemon ginger green tea as a substitute for anything or just as an amazing tonic. Take two lemons, roll them to loosen the juice, halve them and squeeze the juice into a teapot. Throw the lemon halves in the pot too for the oils. Add a green tea bag and as much chopped fresh ginger as you like. Cover with hot water and let steep. Totally yummy.

I hope there's a pot of this brewing in the glade, it sounds wonderful! 

Gets comfortable in a soft patch of grass.

I'm really looking forward to more meditation this challenge. 

• Like 1

Ooh, and look! Here's a 7-leafed clover! Luck for all participating in the challenge.

Posted Image

Ooooo! *eats clover* mmmmm delicious!

*looks around....sheepishly*

Hi...I'm new to being a Druid... Well at least a NF Druid.... I was a Druid once in World of Warcraft... But I was a feral one...so arguably a terrible Druid for a Druid... Ummmm can I chill here for a bit? I'm tackling some of my more difficult challenges over the next 6 weeks...and...y'all look so nice and peaceful...

*pulls out some grass and throws it around...then stops...seeing all of the terrified looks from the other Druids...*

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 2

I can't express enough how tasty this sounds.... I love ginger!

I'm so thankful for the forest because the trees keep the temperature manageable.

*stretches out on a mats*

Ooooo! *eats clover* mmmmm delicious!

*looks around....sheepishly*

Hi...I'm new to being a Druid... Well at least a NF Druid.... I was a Druid once in World of Warcraft... But I was a feral one...so arguably a terrible Druid for a Druid... Ummmm can I chill here for a bit? I'm tackling some of my more difficult challenges over the next 6 weeks...and...y'all look so nice and peaceful...

*pulls out some grass and throws it around...then stops...seeing all of the terrified looks from the other Druids...*

CrazyMags, you are so welcome to hang out in the glade! Stay as long as you want. The area for throwing things; grass, balls for juggling, spells.....is to the west. Meditation two to three times a day and yoga every morning at least.

Namaste

I hope there's a pot of this brewing in the glade, it sounds wonderful! 

Gets comfortable in a soft patch of grass.

I'm really looking forward to more meditation this challenge. 

There are several pots brewing here, always, just follow the scent......

CrazyMags, you are so welcome to hang out in the glade! Stay as long as you want. The area for throwing things; grass, balls for juggling, spells.....is to the west. Meditation two to three times a day and yoga every morning at least.

Namaste

Thank you Eve! I can't do yoga for medical reasons (apparently being hypermobile means yoga is bad...), but I'm interested in learning about how to meditate... I think that will come in handy! Any topics or links on how to learn?

Day one has started for me as well! It's 4am and I'm ready for the gym! Good luck today druid-nerds!

Oh, links on meditation, I am bad at that.....Sunmage! Where are you?

For me it is basically the breathing, so simple and so difficult. Clearing my mind and focusing on the journey of the breath.

Sitting or laying comfortably so you do not need to focus on keeping your position steady. That's a start....

• Like 1

Oh, links on meditation, I am bad at that.....Sunmage! Where are you?

For me it is basically the breathing, so simple and so difficult. Clearing my mind and focusing on the journey of the breath.

Sitting or laying comfortably so you do not need to focus on keeping your position steady. That's a start....

Oh! That's what I do when I go to sleep!

...is it bad to fall asleep? Lol

I have a sleep disorder, relaxing usually makes me sleep... So I try to stay busy and frantic... Maybe that's why the teaching profession is such a good fit for me?

I'm back!

Uhmm yes I like meditation.

There are so many ways and methods.

How much time do you want to spend?

What do you seek in the first place?

Is it health, knowledge about you? Inner harmony or peace? Becoming calm?

Less stressed? Answers? A good feeling?

All of that can and probably will come over time. But what sound best for you right now?

Welcome here new guys and girls!

Welcome back fellow druids!

Did you have a great long and hot weekend?

Were just having a gorgeous thunderstorm =)

I'm back!

All of that can and probably will come over time. But what sound best for you right now?

Hmmmm... I am very self aware and knowledgable about myself, though granted I do have times I need to process feelings etc. I'd say mostly to unwind, or to just....find happiness in my surroundings and my life...I tend to focus on the bad things...

As for time...probably not very long...as I don't HAVE a lot of free time unless I'm about to go to sleep!

5-15minutes?

I'm back!

Glad you asked...

Time:15-30 min

Seeking: Calm, knowledge about my strengths without my self doubts being in the way, inner harmony, a really cute mediation cushion ;)Posted Image

So yeah, I'm asking for help too please :) and hi :) my weekend wasn't too bad actually :)

I have fat fingers and Tapatalk isn't fat finger friendly, so excuse my errors :)