The Druid's glade, the place to be

I am Eve

I keep forgetting to check this thread. I'll be lurking over in the shadows and stealing the advice given to people. Don't mind me.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

More cushions!

I really thank you for any advice on meditation.

Whenever I try it, I'm mostly occupied with guiding my thoughts back to my breath as they always wander around and try to find solutions to problems I have in everyday life.

In the 10-20 min I would have I don't want to let my thoughts wander too much I want to focus to myself and find my center. I hope it'll give me the strenght to survive my everyday live.

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Can you all believe that Week One is almost in the books?  How is everyone doing?

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

I flopped a little bit; but in my defence I have a case of infected tonsils which pretty much sapped my motivation entirely. xD

On the other hand, I was so sick all I wanted to do was drink tea, and while my headache took three days to recede, I finally realised it was a caffeine withdrawal headache and not a "ugh i'm so sick' headache. xD

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

I flopped a little bit; but in my defence I have a case of infected tonsils which pretty much sapped my motivation entirely. xD

On the other hand, I was so sick all I wanted to do was drink tea, and while my headache took three days to recede, I finally realised it was a caffeine withdrawal headache and not a "ugh i'm so sick' headache. xD

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been feeling under the weather.  You get to feeling better and then you'll finish the 6 weeks with a bang!  :)

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Hail fellow Druids. I am on retreat (vacation;-) ) in Mallorca with the family. Will not be around so much this week but then I'll be back.

First week was not bad, I ran twice and did two full yoga sessions.

Have a great week two!

• Like 3

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Week one for me was average.  I have plenty to improve on, but that's what the rest of the weeks are for, right?  Let's do this!

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Week one and two are informational for the rest of my challenge... Still, keeping up with my food logs is a pain! I'm just happy it's summer vacation! Now the real work (health and challenge related anyways) starts! :-D

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I have not forgot your meditation!

I have Internet now and might be able to unpack the computer stuff tomorrow. Then I'll post some hints!

Week one was just troubleshooting for me.

Actually I have no real goals yet, so A+

• Like 2

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Hmmmm... I am very self aware and knowledgable about myself, though granted I do have times I need to process feelings etc. I'd say mostly to unwind, or to just....find happiness in my surroundings and my life...I tend to focus on the bad things...

As for time...probably not very long...as I don't HAVE a lot of free time unless I'm about to go to sleep!

5-15minutes?

Hey,

you already know a very powerful meditation.

Just watch your breath. Somewhen your mind will get calmer. In my case 5-10 minutes often make me relaxed and conscious again.

Meditating before going to bed is great! Try 5 minutes in the morning, to have a calm and easy start( and plan your clock so you do not have to hurry afterwards)

Meditating in the morning is quite easy, because you are too tired to say later. And you won't fall asleep when you meditate sitting or kneeling. Most likely ;)

There are other ways that will help the same, but I prefer this one, as there is no real technique...

Glad you asked...

Time:15-30 min

Seeking: Calm, knowledge about my strength, I'm asking for help too please :) and hi :) my weekend wasn't too bad actually :)

I have fat fingers and Tapatalk isn't fat finger friendly, so excuse my errors :)

If you are calm( with a quiet mind) it is easier to be self conscious. Since you have a lot of noise around I suggest starting with calm.

watching your breath will work. Just watch and whenever you think something just smile and go back to watching.

Don't be angry about yourself. I started with 0.001 seconds and don't get over a minute on weekdays ;)

Other ways:

• Watch every thought go by. Ask yourself where it comes from and let it go. Do not hold onto a thought. Listen and repeat.
  • Mapping: "Pack your baggage": 10 to 15 Minutes

Make a list with categories like To Do urgent, To do somewhen, Do'nt forget, Buy, crap, Nice thoughts, Dreaming etc.

Sit down to meditate and watch your thoughts. Write it down in one of your categories. Since you wrote it down, you don't have to waste a thought on it anymore and just let the thought go.

• You can use this method for very many things. It can be very powerful, so you have to develop your own way here. With what I posted you will get a long list. It is your own choice If you get very sad by its lenght and content or if you say: "Yay so many things I worried about" But 30% don't need me to worry about."
  • Thousands of guided meditations. There are good and bad ones. Since I work towards watching reality as it is instead of getting good feelings, I can't recommend one. Just try them all.
  • Insight timer. Android App with tracking stuff and some guided meditations. There is a NF rebellion group with umm 3 members...

"
I am the storm."

More cushions!

I really thank you for any advice on meditation.

Whenever I try it, I'm mostly occupied with guiding my thoughts back to my breath as they always wander around and try to find solutions to problems I have in everyday life.

In the 10-20 min I would have I don't want to let my thoughts wander too much I want to focus to myself and find my center. I hope it'll give me the strenght to survive my everyday live.

The wandering is pretty normal.

Just move back and be equanimous(Gleichmütig) about the fact you lost it. It will happen again. Just the time gets longer and longer ;)

I recommend using an Asana(poses with straight back) or sitting on a chair not using the backrest with straight back.

Start with wathing your breath.(Or something from the above)

For finding your center:

Lie down on the back. legs bend, so the lower back is flat on the ground. Put your Hands under your head, so the spine is one straight level.

Eyes open and just watch what happens. You can start breathing in your whole belly area to force something ;)

Or:

When you have experienced that you get calmer/quieter/ whatever  you will experience a sensation like tickling or pain or itching somewhere. Just watch it and scan your whole body. Do not stay longer for a minute and just watch. No aversion even if it is pain. 

That would be the essence of vipassana meditation. There are free courses I did and recommend.

Have fun!

I sould go back to finishing my kitchen =)

• Like 1

"
I am the storm."

Sunmage, I have been talking with someone who is teaching me to meditate by focusing on a tree? I started with breathing, then focusing on a tree, then BEING the tree... And I'm not sure if this is a normal technique?

• Like 1

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

P.s. Thank you!!! Glad you are getting settled!

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

That is a way, too.

Try some different trees!

They all habe a unique special energy =)

Watching your breath before makes it easier to focus on something else.

Actually I prefer being attentive to something than focused, because focus is very very narrow and limited.

Have you asked the tree if it was OK? :P

Finishing kitchen and floor is slow... I have to go to IKEA tomorrow. On a German Saturday. Im pretty sure there is no hell. But IKEA on a Saturday would be close....

Have a great weekend!

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk

• Like 3

"
I am the storm."

That is a way, too.

Try some different trees!

They all habe a unique special energy =)

Watching your breath before makes it easier to focus on something else.

Actually I prefer being attentive to something than focused, because focus is very very narrow and limited.

Have you asked the tree if it was OK? :P

The tree is a baby, so I'm sure it doesn't mind.... I pictured several different ones, going through seasons.... But the one that kept coming back was the tree I found on my honeymoon: ujypuvav.jpg

I don't want to clog up this lovely glade with all of my meditation ramblings... Can I send you a PM Sunmage? :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Sure. But we also do have a yoga meditation tai chi subforum, If you like it public ;)

Btw: That Baby Tree is awesome!

• Like 1

"
I am the storm."

Don't stop writing here! It's so informative!

• Like 2

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Hey,

you already know a very powerful meditation.

Just watch your breath. Somewhen your mind will get calmer. In my case 5-10 minutes often make me relaxed and conscious again.

Meditating before going to bed is great! Try 5 minutes in the morning, to have a calm and easy start( and plan your clock so you do not have to hurry afterwards)

Meditating in the morning is quite easy, because you are too tired to say later. And you won't fall asleep when you meditate sitting or kneeling. Most likely ;)

There are other ways that will help the same, but I prefer this one, as there is no real technique...

If you are calm( with a quiet mind) it is easier to be self conscious. Since you have a lot of noise around I suggest starting with calm.

watching your breath will work. Just watch and whenever you think something just smile and go back to watching.

Don't be angry about yourself. I started with 0.001 seconds and don't get over a minute on weekdays ;)

Other ways:

• Watch every thought go by. Ask yourself where it comes from and let it go. Do not hold onto a thought. Listen and repeat.
  • Mapping: "Pack your baggage": 10 to 15 Minutes

Make a list with categories like To Do urgent, To do somewhen, Do'nt forget, Buy, crap, Nice thoughts, Dreaming etc.

Sit down to meditate and watch your thoughts. Write it down in one of your categories. Since you wrote it down, you don't have to waste a thought on it anymore and just let the thought go.

• You can use this method for very many things. It can be very powerful, so you have to develop your own way here. With what I posted you will get a long list. It is your own choice If you get very sad by its lenght and content or if you say: "Yay so many things I worried about" But 30% don't need me to worry about."
  • Thousands of guided meditations. There are good and bad ones. Since I work towards watching reality as it is instead of getting good feelings, I can't recommend one. Just try them all.
  • Insight timer. Android App with tracking stuff and some guided meditations. There is a NF rebellion group with umm 3 members...

I love the mapping idea :) that and watching my breath seems easy enough :) Thank you!! :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Don't stop writing here! It's so informative!

Just for you Kat, i will keep it public :-P Lol

I will repost with a link to my new topic in the side forum :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Here is the link: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50097-crazymags-noob-meditation-ramblings-and-questions/?p=1091048

I accidentally double posted topic too... Can someone delete it? Thanks *blush*

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I love the mapping idea :) that and watching my breath seems easy enough :) Thank you!! :)

You have to decide if mapping is meditation or not ;)

But it helps =)

Good Luck!

@CrazyMags: What double thread? :P;)

• Like 2

"
I am the storm."

Hi guys, what a great discussion about meditation! I need some of that after coming back from a week's vacation moving in a family group of eight. Fun and certainly challenging!

Keep your eyes open for next weeks mini challenge....

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Wait... I missed this I think...what you mean about adoptions?

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines