Skywalker Challenged

Skywalker

Hey Skywalker!  Haven't seen you around in a few days, hope your health and brain are good and also come back soon!  

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

COME BACK COME BACK COME BACK! 

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

I know I always say that I fell off the internet, but this time I really did. Three days with no land line = no adsl. Even my mobile data was off line due to an accidental 'kept my computer hot spotted to my phone' mid- month.

I'm not meeting many of my goals but I do feel as if I am turning around the horrendous start to the year.

Food is basically good. A little high in carbs but I've cut out a lot of the pure junk.

I've mostly tracked except the past few days.

Excercise - zip :(

I have a date with the 'tan' on Saturday but this is a misely 3.something km (lap of the botanical gardens for the out of towners).

I am getting ready to book (ie pay for) the big trip next January so I am using this to get me moving again along with some hiking mags (which are really just another procrastination tool :) )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Haha whether collecting underpants or magazines, the result is the same!

Glad to hear you're alive though :) And doing well with food - damn, that's a roller coaster sometimes, isn't it?

Have fun on your "misely" walk!

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

I'll park more than 200 meters away.

If I was being really enthusiastic I'd ride in (not likely to happen).

I'm catching up with my SIL for the tan - she is just getting into walking and I have a love of the 'iconic' hence doing the Milford Track, rather than the many equal great walks in NZ.

Tell you what, I'll throw my bike in the car and do a lap of Yarra boulevard - one if my training rides I did this time last year. Rolling hills and not many cars.

• Like 1

Skywalker

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

whew there you are!  This "tan" thing sounds interesting - every little bit counts!  Let us all know when you book your trip for reals - then you will be SUPER UBER ACCOUNTABLE!

Keep on trucking, Skywalker! 

Ok, back at work so back to routine (well almost)

Steps 3,000 + a bit

Food tracked

Weights session at gym (my half hearted session)

Tomorrow I'm riding to work for the first time for ages.

• Like 1

Skywalker

Ride to work hooray!

How did your bike commute go?...how far is it? (Do you have flashy lights?) Do you have a rearview mirror? 

Sorry 'bout all the questions, I'm still feeling out the whole bike-to-work idea and am so curious about other people's experiences.

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

It's 24km to work - so a bit further than most peoples commute and I'm not that quick so I allow 2 hours each way (to get changed as well).

I have front and rear lights and a helmet light (good for seeing the bike computer).

Most of my trip is on bike tracks. I could road commute but it would be more stressful, so I spend longer but don't have to worry about traffic.

Commute done on Tuesday, Wednesday I caught up with some old school friends, Thursday the same gym session so back to a normal excercise routine. Steps are getting regularly around 3,000 but I haven't had the one big walk day yet.

Food is OK but not awesome. I need to ramp this up big time. I haven't been logging so it's back to it in Monday.

Lunch tomorrow is left over teriyaki beef stir fry and I have two salad lunches per packed.

• Like 1

Skywalker

I've revisited my actual goals:

Good snack choices today - fruit nuts with two squares of dark chocolate.

I'm starting a biscuit free count +1

Yesterday I managed a 5,000 step day. I haven't checked today but I expect it would be a 3,000 day from my activity.

I'm restarting the Journalling app, but I haven't found it overly useful/inspiring but I should keep it up till the end of the challenge. I've done this most days at least once per day.

Skywalker

One day at a time, one biscuit at a time!  WHOO WEEK 6! 

+4 day biscuit free. Of the last three days - 1 bad snack choices, 2 days good.

I'm feeling that I'm just getting back into the good eating routine. Hopefully that's building momentum.

I'm regularly getting 3,000 - 4,000 steps so I need to push towards 5,000. I am in awe of the 10,000+ steppers it is as much about time as motivation.

I've been using the Journalling app but been. Little slack with logging (off to do it now)

Skywalker

Help!

We need Rangers to jump in on the last part of the mini-challenge!

We're killing murderous, bourbon swilling imps via pullups and burpees (modifications allowed for fitness level and injuries).

Check it out here. And contribute your kill stats here!

Bring friends!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines