Lullaby88’s Path to Self-Love Ch. 2

I have traveled from my previous guild, The Adventurers, to join the mysterious Assassins. I've been lured over by circus tricks and hula hoops. My main quest is the same as last time, however my goals are drastically different. I've also taken walking out of my goals this challenge but it is a habit that I have kept up these past two weeks so I will continue walking. It feels good to be out in the sun during the day.

Main Quest

To love myself for who I am and gain my confidence back. Getting healthy will be a bonus to feeling confident again. 

Goal 1: Daily hooping practice (+3 STR)

I really want to get this down. Hooping is a lot of fun and I enjoy the time spent outside. I want to aim for at least 5 minutes of waist hooping each day. This way I can actually waist hoop. ^_^ I've been avoiding waist hooping because I haven’t figured it out yet. After the five minutes of mandatory waist hooping, I can move on to hand hooping and other trick learning. I’m also going to try and record at least one session a week, to track progress and correct my form.

Goal 2: Focus on the movements (+2 DEX)

Once a week, on Saturdays, I want to learn how to belly dance. This will help me with my hooping goal since you need to know how to move your body. I’m not very coordinated when it comes to dancing so this should definitely help.

Goal 3: Focus on the positive things. (+1 WIS & +1 CHA)

I’m doing a repeat of this one. Spend five minutes each day to write down the positive thoughts. I have a journal this time around so I feel this will be better than my last challenge. I may post some of these thoughts up here. That way I’m more active on my own thread. 

Life Quest: Put aside $1000 (+2 WIS)

This is something that I need to do. I have a ‘bill’ that needs to be paid in July and I rather not deplete my savings account by taking care of it. I’m putting it here so that I keep myself aware of it. I have a tendency to forget about things I don’t already pay on a monthly basis.

Diet Quest: Avoid Eating Out (+2 CON)

This is partly to help save money and partly to eat better. My husband is on board with idea. Actually, it was his idea. :D  Limit eating out to once a week. We were able to do it this week. Let’s give 6 weeks a try!

Here's to an exciting challenge with my new guild!!

Tracker

Goal 1:          6/7 5/7 5/7 2/7 0/7 1/7 | 19/42

Goal 2:          1/1 1/1 0/1 0/1 0/1 0/1 | 2/6

Goal 3:          7/7 7/7 6/7 3/7 2/7 1/7 | 26/42

Life Quest:

92.5%
92.5%

Diet Quest:

Week 1  1/1/1/1/1/1/1 7

Week 2  1/1/1/1/0/1/0 5

Week 3  1/1/1/1/0/1/0 5

Week 4  0/1/1/0/1/1/0 4

Week 5  0/1/1/1/1/1/0 5

Week 6  0/1/1/1/0/0/0 3

Total = 29/36

• Like 6

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

The red hair is old but when I had it, I had extreme confidence. So I changed the pic to that to remind myself that I could have that kind of confidence without the hair. Though I really do want to dye my hair back to that red.

Sent from a magical handheld box

• Like 2

Current

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Got out of the "poly" relationship, got married (never thought about marriage before I met my husband), and moved across the country. Also gained weight during and after the move. I'm unsure how I lost it but its been a rough journey this past year and a half.

Current

Sub'd lullaby! :cheerful:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

So last challenge, I mentioned that there was a co-op near where I live but have never gone. Well, yesterday, I finally went! Though I was nervous for the first 5 minutes of being there but I got over it. And I also drove myself there! Which, honestly, is a big step for me. Since I have maybe driven less than 10 times since living in Tampa. ^_^ I'm lame, I know. But I did it! I'm getting my confidence back! Mainly thanks to this 28 day "Love Your Body" challenge that I started a week ago. Strange to say that its only been a week and already its helping. Can't image how I'll feel once that's over. :)

Day 1 starts tomorrow and I'm ready!

• Like 3

Current

It is. That's why I'm working on it.

So I video taped myself hooping for a little bit before it started raining today. I may or may not post them tomorrow. I also realized that I have bitchy resting face while I hoop. Unless my cat acts crazy and charges the sliding glass door. ^_^ My reaction is in one of the videos. If I don't end of posting them, at least I finally have a "starting" point with my hooping.

Also, I'm glad I had implemented the work time walking when it was not the beginning of summer. >.> By 9 am, it's already humid and about 82 degrees out. Damn you Florida! :P I've been keeping it up pretty easily. It's like I formed a habit. ^_^

Not a bad Day 2 if I do say so myself.

• Like 2

Current

Good morning Lullaby!  I am really looking forward to reading your blog.  You ended a relationship, got married, and moved in the last 18 months?  I am betting that had a harsh effect on your routines!  It's rough to move across country, I moved from Indiana to Montana, and that was when I got to my highest weight.  I have gone slowly in the right direction for the past 8 years, but I keep falling off the bandwagon, so maybe reading each other's logs will help us.

I had a friend just move to Tampa, she was my first hairdresser.....well, guinea pig!  I hope it doesn't get too much hotter yet down there, sounds like your walking routine is going really well.  We are ramping up for a hot dry fire season, but at least it cools down here at night.  It's 45 now.

See you in the Group!

Level 3 Pandaren Adventurer

“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.†–A.A. Milne   (Thanks to magi192 for posting this!)

Well, it hasn't been 18 months since all that. Just the move and weight gain and confidence loss. The ended relationship and then marriage was 2 and a half years ago. And I was good then and for about the first year but when my husband got out of the Navy and we moved, things got harder. Though I've realized that I was in denial for the longest time about that first year, which is probably why I took things so hard. A lot of shit happened as he was getting out and then moving away from everything I knew. It's taken me a long time to recover, for whatever reason. I'm only now starting to feel a little bit like my old self.

Oh, I miss the hot, dry season back in San Diego. This humid weather I can't stand. Though the rain in the summer is pretty awesome. ^_^

Current

Okay...So I watched the videos I took yesterday. The cat-crash reaction isn't the greatest but you can hear her scratching and attacking the glass door. I should just take a video of her doing that. She does it often enough.

Oh, also, please ignore my smacking my arm. The mosquitoes were out.

Both short videos. Not the greatest skill. Filled with my random snorts at hitting myself in the head. 

Posted this now before I change my mind. ^_^

• Like 2

Current

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines