• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mdowning

Mdowning gets leaner, bendy, and inverted. Bonus: BURPEES

So, after my warm-up challenge I am ready to come back with a vengeance. Not making any special themes, no fluff, just becoming the most awesome me I can be. So, let's get started.

Leaner.

In the past, I've challenged myself to "eat cleaner" and its been hit or miss. This time I'm going to be more specific.

-eat at or below 2020 calories a day. I've started tracking my caloric intake on MFP after calculating my BMR and to lose 1.5 pounds a week I need stay at 2020 a day. I've been tracking for a week and a half already and its been a rough start. Time to buckle down.

-do my workouts and don't skip cardio. This hasn't been an issue, but some accountability couldnt hurt.

Starting weight and measurements will be posted Sunday, along with some progress pics...maybe. (depending on self esteem at time of posting)

Food Workouts

A-6-7 days =<2020. 4-5 workouts per week (depending on work)

B-5 days =<2020. Miss 1 workouts

C-4 days =<2020. Miss 2 workouts

D-3 days =<2020. Miss 3 workouts

F- anything else

Bendy.

I've basically quit stretching other than after workouts. I'd like to get more mobility in my posterior chain and open up my hips. The splits being the end goal.

-workouts are split into two days, no reason to not do the same for my stretches.

Stretch day 1: loosen the posterior chain, downward facing dog, hamstring, and glute stretches.

Stretch day 2: hip opening stretches, splits work

Grade scale is the same as workout scale.

Inverted

Handstands and back lever practice, same schedule as flexibilty and workouts. Both skills should be worked each day off work. 4-5 days a week. The first practice of the week is when I time and push as hard as possible, rest of the week is less intense. Handstands will include kick up practice and timed stomach-to-wall, pushing toward 3 sets of 1 minute.

Same grade scale as bendy and workout goals.

Life goal: the great, although short-lived, language cleaning burpee extravaganza is back!

For those of you who weren't with me when this first happened here are the rules.

Language slip near my son = 15 burpees

Language slip anywhere else = 7 burpees

Easy enough, right?

I plan to post very frequently, ideally daily, so I can keep accountable for calories and burpees. I'm gonna steal this idea from Jitters and ask those reading this to do SOMETHING here anytime you read. A reply, a motivation, a picture, even just liking a post. It may be sorta silly for some, but I'm more likely to post frequently if I feel I have an audience. I thank you all for your time. And be sure to stay tuned. I'm really excited for this challenge, gonna kick some a....uh, butt. Yea, butt. :D

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There you are! I keep on searching the forum to see if you've posted your challenge thread, and finally it's here!!

Nice goals! I have a nice series of stretches/poses for splits on my challenge thread, if you're interested.

Following!

Thanks! I'll be following you as well

I have this weird hate-love-relationship with hip openers. Can't wait to see you kick their butt :D

I've tried them before and hate them, hence the reason the habit didn't stick. Hope I can do it this time, appreciate the belief in me, your fruitiness.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awesome, this sounds really well planned out.   Do you have to drop and do the burpees wherever you are?  I dearly hope so :P

I like the idea of the first day of the week being all out intense on your skill stuff, I am working on handstand kick ups, but also want to keep up my work against the wall and practicing freestand. Think I will follow your plan

I really love the language cleaning burpee thing!  I've had some language issues around my kids, where they'll repeat something I've said, and I'll have to go..um...well... mommy just said that word, but it's a bad word and you can't say it.  :nightmare:  I may have to steal this goal next challenge.  :)

Awesome, this sounds really well planned out. Do you have to drop and do the burpees wherever you are? I dearly hope so :P

With the exception of when I'm at work, yes. I don't think it would go over too well if I dropped and did burpees in a patient's house.

I like the idea of the first day of the week being all out intense on your skill stuff, I am working on handstand kick ups, but also want to keep up my work against the wall and practicing freestand. Think I will follow your plan

Glad you like it. I stole it from somewhere myself, just can't remember where.

Looking forward to see your progress! I'm excited about your back lever work. Awesome stuff, that.

Thanks, pictures or video will be posted at the beginning and the end at the very least.

A fluff-less challenge? I'm definitely following, especially with that Burpee cleansing.

I really love the language cleaning burpee thing! I've had some language issues around my kids, where they'll repeat something I've said, and I'll have to go..um...well... mommy just said that word, but it's a bad word and you can't say it. :nightmare: I may have to steal this goal next challenge. :)

Burpee cleansing FTW. And Nymeria, my son is 2 and really getting the habit of repeating what daddy says. This burpee thing bas worked before, I just quit too soon.

The challenge has started! Here's my starting status.

Weight: 195.6 lbs

Measurements

R bicep: 12.75 in

L bicep: 12.25 in

Chest: 40.25 in

Above navel: 37.25 in

Below navel: 40.5 in

R thigh: 25.25 in

L thigh: 25.25 in

Starting times

Tuck back lever: 35,35,35 (in seconds)

http://youtu.be/nM1eaB1glyc

Handstand: 30,30,30 (in seconds)

Form

ja2ehegy.jpg

Kick ups

http://youtu.be/G3GlVDI-tHc

Posterior chain stretches were done today, I don't feel like I know enough though. Research must be done. A

Also, final calorie count today is 1667/2020. A

Skill work was done (obviously) A

And language cleansing, did 35 burpees today. Including 15 in a walmart parking lot...

Hope everyone had/has a good day 1!

• Like 2

Short update

Leaner:

calories, slightly over goal but with my workout today I'm not too concerned.

Workout: yup

Bendy

Hip openers and shoulder/ mini challenge posture stretches done

Inverted

Handstand practice was done, but no back lever work

Burpees.

0 burpees needed today. It was just my son and I all day and since I never cuss when talking to him, I didnt have any issues. :)

• Like 2

We've got some similar goals, are you following any sort of progression for your splits? Were you able to do them sometime before and working on reattaining it? I like the burpee idea. I shall share it with my hubby. Right now I just threaten to punch him when our two year old starts to repeat his more unsavory terms...

Well Burpees one day, isn't that bad, let's just try to keep it as minimal as possible.

Minimal is definitely the goal. Had to do 7 so far today at work, but with burpees always in the back of my mind it's keeping me careful.

We've got some similar goals, are you following any sort of progression for your splits? Were you able to do them sometime before and working on reattaining it? I like the burpee idea. I shall share it with my hubby. Right now I just threaten to punch him when our two year old starts to repeat his more unsavory terms...

No splits progression, just lots of hip openers right now. And I've definitely never been able to do them before. Lol. Good luck getting the hubby on board the burpee train!

Hiiiiiiiiii!

Glad to see you're doing so well!

Hi! Glad you're back and can't wait to see how well you do. I could probably use some yoga instruction. :)

• Like 1

I'll look up sleeping pigeon, but it's like any other "pigeon" moves I'm sure I wont like it. Lol

Any suggestions for posterior chain stretches? Or just lower back?

Anything specific? There are a lot of muscles in the posterior chain. :) For the lower back plow pose is a nice one, you can play around with leg position to shift the position of the stretch. Also different twists, for example this one. I also like to just tuck into a little ball and roll around. :) Oh and a bit of tennis ball action never hurts.