Challenge 4: in which Barfly gets serious >:)

Barfly

Ok, so... last challenge one of my goals was to lose my belly, and I did - a smidge.

But, you know, a couple of beers sounds good right about now. Or, what the heck, I don't eat fast food very often. Or, somebody brings me a croissant breakfast sandwich, or there are donuts in the lounge, or, or, or...

No more.

This challenge I'm going to reduce my belly by a respectable amount. This is going to be my one and only measured goal. (I get too distracted otherwise :P)

Goal: Reduce the front pack

For health reasons I'd like to reduce my waist (at bellybutton) to 33" - less than half my height.

My main approach will be counting calories

I've been tracking calories off and on for a few weeks. I average 2800/day (includes a lot of crap). I'm going to limit calories to 1800/day. Period. No off-days. 7 days/week.

On those days I go over (I mean c'mon, I'm really not a cyborg), I will run 1 mile per every 140 calories over 1800 (there are several online calculators of calories burned while running - this is an average). That's it :)

[not sure how I'll grade this yet]

Other things I'll be doing

(but not grading)

A Crossfit-type Ruck program T TH S

Walking the Plank pullup program (weighted - 35#) M W F

250-300 pushups daily M-F

4 moderate home repair projects + garage still needs cleaning

• Like 12

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Sub'd and following the awesomeness Barfly!   :D

NOT a cyborg?   :o

:P

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Go Barfly! Kill that belly!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Ok, so... last challenge one of my goals was to lose my belly, and I did - a smidge.

But, you know, a couple of beers sounds good right about now. Or, what the heck, I don't eat fast food very often. Or, somebody brings me a croissant breakfast sandwich, or there are donuts in the lounge, or, or, or...

Ohh, the whole last week of school it was like, "Here Ms Tara- thanks for all your hard work this school year. Have some sugary badness." So glad it's Summer and I don't have to walk into a building of temptations every day. 

• Like 2

- Kicking ass is comfort food.- 

Left The Shire: 2/7/14 Reached Rivendell: 6/2/14

Battle Log 

Challenges: 1

Ohh, the whole last week of school it was like, "Here Ms Tara- thanks for all your hard work this school year. Have some sugary badness." So glad it's Summer and I don't have to walk into a building of temptations every day.

Luckily for me, if I waited a little while, a plague of locusts (the rest of the staff) went through and cleared everything out :)

Unluckily, I'm home all day and my wife likes to bake...

• Like 1

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

I experimented a bit with week 0. Things went well until the weekend; wow, I couldn't do that very often...

The combination of diner/ballpark/pub food plus all the alcohol ( sooo much alcohol) means that, according to my challenge goals I would have to run 55 miles to 'atone'.

Hmm... I know it's pre-challenge, but maybe I'll just leave that hanging over my head as a reminder...

Edit: on the upside, I did 2 rucks (missed/didn't make up Saturday's), all the pull-up workouts and 1200 push-ups, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Haha! It's so funny that we're cheering each other on to do the opposite of what we ourselves want to do :D

Let's see who arrives first! :lol:

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

Ironically enough, six packs are what put me here :)

Ah no never a six pack for me I buy it in slabs minimum.

Sent from my nokia 3210

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

I blame camping! I feel like we spend 3/4 days preparing for a two day trip and we just last night got the coffee pot unblackened and that's the last of it :S 

Ever had any problems with your IT band? I think I buggered mine biking last week, made for a rough run Monday night :P

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

There's a very simple answer to your problem mate... Just have me over for the next 6 weeks. I'll drink all your beer for you. You won't be able to get anywhere near it. :P

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I blame camping! I feel like we spend 3/4 days preparing for a two day trip and we just last night got the coffee pot unblackened and that's the last of it :S 

Ever had any problems with your IT band? I think I buggered mine biking last week, made for a rough run Monday night :P

I guess I should look at my own thread once in a while :-/

No, I never (knock wood) have knee problems. I think it's because I'm relatively short, and have short legs/longer torso. Less force on the joint, I assume.

How's yours feeling?

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

There's a very simple answer to your problem mate... Just have me over for the next 6 weeks. I'll drink all your beer for you. You won't be able to get anywhere near it. :P

Oh, I'm drinking beer! :) just not everyday; I've never had beer stay in the fridge for so long! And, with each beer costing me a 2 mile run, I'm pretty mindful of it.

Anyway, my wife won't let me have girls sleep over :(

• Like 3

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Anyway, my wife won't let me have girls sleep over :(

hmm that doesn't sound very reasonable to me at all

:lol:

Sent from my nokia 3210

• Like 4

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

hmm that doesn't sound very reasonable to me at all

:lol:

Sent from my nokia 3210

Agree! :D

• Like 1

Week one down!

I did...

Walking the plank, Phase 1 (I actually conquered Phase 1 Friday: 5 sets of 8, 2+ second negatives wearing a 40# pack)

Ruck runs: some 400m and 800m repeats and a 5 mile tempo (which was supposed to be at 85% of max, but since I kinda hit the wall I'm going to call that max - 15 min/mile with the same pack)

A bunch of push-ups (1175). I'd like to get that up to 1400-1500/week before the end of the challenge.

But...

The most important thing is: I kept to 1800 calories per day (average) and no days over 2000 or so. I even had enough calories "left over" for a beer :D

I feel skinnier already. But, I'm not going to weigh in or measure for a couple more weeks. I know it's too early to start seeing results, but I still don't want to get discouraged.

• Like 7

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines