Milli, time to conquer my weaker self

Hi, I’m Milli. I’m a 29 years old hobbitwoman.  With 1,63m, I’m pretty tall for a hobbit, but with about 73kg I’ve got the typical cozy hobbitshape (‘cause I like good food and especially sweets and cake). I’m working as an IT-Admin, so I nearly don’t have to move the whole day (excepting going to get some tea).

My mission is to become an assassin. This 6 week challenge is my first step in the right direction to build up the skills I need.

My Main Quest: run my first 5k (a small step for many, but a giant leap for me)

Quest 1: go “running†outdoor 3 times a week

I just started with the Zombies, Run! 5k trainer. This might bring me closer to finish the main quest

5 Pts (3 STA, 1 STR, 1DEX)

Quest 2: go to the gym twice a week

train strength (after achieving this main quest, the next might be doing a pull up)

5 Pts (3 STR, 1 STA, 1DEX)

Quest 3: Don’t eat any sweets at least on 6 days a week

as mentioned before I really like sweets

5 Pts (2 WIS, 2 CON, 1CHA)

My Motivation: I’m a volunteer firefighter and for wearing respiratory protection I have to pass a medical examination which contains an endurance test that I wouldn’t be able to pass right now.

Also, I don’t feel comfortable in my skin therefore also no self-confidence and I have to change that.

• Like 3

Whoever finds mistranslations or spelling errors may keep them - I still have got more than enough.

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild.  I see it's your mission to become an Assassin, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Hi Milli, welcome to NF.  I have aspirations to be a volunteer firefighter one day, but i have a long way to go for my fitness.

You might notice that i have tagged your thread.  I added the assassins tag because you mentioned you'd like to move there one day, but i have also added the scouts tag, because of your goal for the Zombies, Run!  I hope to have you catch their ambassadors eye so that she can offer you the support, encouragement and advice you might require during your challenge for just that.

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Thank you for adding the tags. I wasn't sure if I schould add them or not. If your interested in firefighting, in our fire station we always need dedicated people (for many appointments there's no fitness necessary. Otherwise I also wouldn't be able to do that). So if you're ever in Germany you're cordially invited.

• Like 1

Whoever finds mistranslations or spelling errors may keep them - I still have got more than enough.

Hi there! I’m an Ambassador from the Scouts Guild, we’re all about endurance sports like running, swimming, and cycling. I see you’re interested in running as well! That’s fabulous. If you’d like to meet some other Rebels with similar interests you should come by our Tavern anytime, whether to ask questions or just to say, “hi!” You can get there by following the link in my signature or clicking here.

Best of luck to you in your first challenge – of course I will be stopping by regularly to see how you’re doing.

I’m excited to see you’re using a 5K app – I’ve been training with the Zombies, Run! 5K app myself. I’ve really enjoyed it and made a lot of progress. If you’d like to hang out with other Rebels who are using C25K or another running app, come visit our Accountabilibuddies group! Again, the link is in my signature or you can click here. Accountabilibuddies groups are the perfect way for newer Rebels to make friends and get the hang of the forums.

How have the first few days of Challenge life been for you?

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Hi Milli!

I'm a volunteer fire fighter myself and passed the course for wearing respiratory protection gear two years ago.

Do you already have a date set on which to pass the medical examination?

Best of luck to you for the challenge!

Level 2 Warrior

STR 1 - CON 1 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - WIS 2 - CHA 0

No, I don't have a date. I passed the medical examination and the course for wearing respiratory protection gear 8 years ago and wore it for 4 years. Then I had a very lazy time and my fitness was gone. Now I would only need to pass the med exam (has to be done every two years) and I would be allowed to wear it again immediatelly.

Woosaaa, your goals are similar to mine (5k and doing a pull up some day)

I wish you good luck with your challenge!

(PS: BAvarian? Also Freistaat Bayern? :P)

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Yes, I'm a real bavarian living in lower bavaria at the border to austria. Braunau am Inn is only 10km away, and Marktl, where Pope Benedict came from, only 20km.

• Like 1

I love your goals, and another hobbit! I tried to pretend I was an elf for a bit and maybe one day I will be, but now it's time for Second Breakfast. I was born in America but my great-grandparents came from Bavaria :)

Good luck!

Alaeriel

Level 0 Hobbit with aspirations

STR | DEX | STA | CON | WIS | CHA

Challenge Threads: The First

IIFYM Targets: 2/42 | Supplements: 3/42 | Fit2B Workouts: 0.5/24

Life Quest: Outside with DS! 3/24 days looking at trees and floating in the water

Epic Quest: Lose 140lb

3.5%
3.5%

through Friday, June 13

Woosaaa, your goals are similar to mine (5k and doing a pull up some day)

We're triplets!! 

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

First week over and …(drum roll)… goals attained!

Quest 1: go “running†3 times a week

I managed to go even 4 times for a run. On Wednesday I really didn’t want to go running because it was so hot and I’ve been tiered, but I was afraid that I probably wouldn’t make those 3 runs for this challenge. Afterwards I was glad I ran because it was the best run I made so far.

Quest 2: go to gym twice a week

Accomplished.

Quest 3: spend 6 days of a week without sweets

Accomplished.

I changed that quest to no sweets and no alcohol. Alcohol is as bad as sweets and in the next few weeks there are many reasons for drinking (public viewings of soccer worldchampionship, weddings, a baptism, association parties, etc…). So, I guess it’s wise to cut out alcohol as well.

For more motivation I made a chart with my quests on it and every time I succeeded in something I put a stamp on it.

When I went running I get a bat (I’m using the “Zombies, run! 5kâ€-app so creepy zombies = creepy bats, right?)

For spending a day without sweets and alcohol I get a wise owl and for going to the gym I get a giraffe (this has no meaning, I just don’t have any other stamps).

6wc_chart.jpg

I first wanted to do just 5 days without sweets before I choosed 6 days. At that time I've already printed that chart. That's why there's a 5.

• Like 3

This chart is soooooo cute!

Great week 1, keep it up!

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Oh, that chart is the bomb!!!  Keep up the great work.

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

Heya Milli! I was reading your challenge, and I just had to join in and cheer you on! A volunteer fire-woman is no joke! I am definitely looking forward to see you rock this challenge and all of the challenges following! If you have any questions or need any help, please do not hesitate to ask!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Week 2 is over and again I could accomplish my goals. Yaayyy!

This week was more difficult than the first one because I got shin splints while running.

Also my family wasn't really supportive. Although they know that I'm trying to cut off sweets and cakes, my mom brought me half a cake because a whole one was too much for her and my dad. This cake looked so tasty and he never stopped talking to me "eat me, I'm so delicious". I'm glad my husband ate the most of it so I really ate just one piece on my joker day.

I hope week 3 gets easier, but I'll make it.

• Like 2

You'll get there. I know it is hard but, (deeeeeeeeep breath) did you manage to tell your mom it wasn't an appropriate donation? My parents were used to my "diets" but I was very serious last time about how much I enjoyed my new foods, that I didn't feel deprived and didn't want to be derailed - they even met me help cook and I introduced my 400 lb Dad to a way he can enjoy sweet potatoes. It started off award but became very rewarding :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Probably you’re right. Perhaps I should explain more detailed to my parents why I’m doing this “dietâ€. 

It may take time for your new way of eating to become accepted.  They'll make innocent mistakes.  I've learned to smile while accepting food my mom (and mother-in-law!) made, thanking them, and then donating it or throwing it away. 

Put this up somewhere ....

179581103860980894_NvqMFfDP_c.jpg

Some sort of Jedi .....

Heya Milli! You've successfully passed the Week 3 mark, it's pretty much the Wednesday of the Challenge, Once you've passed this hump, you can ride the momentum straight to the end of this challenge!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hi,

sorry for not updating this thread but now, but this week started quiet busy. On Monday, i first had to work longer, then I had to go running (=> challenge) what now takes 50min with the ZR5K. When I came home I only had time for a quick shower because I had to go to a public broadcast of the soccergame Germany - Algeria (which took until 12:30 a.m.). On Tuesday it was nearly the same. That's why I post but now.

To cut a long story short, in week 3 I've been successful and attained my goals again (hell yeah!). Now I'm officially level 1 :pride:.

Last week passed so fast and without any problems. A very good week. I hope this week will be the same.

P. S. the soccergame wasn't worth watching it. So boring and really gruesome to watch.

• Like 2

To cut a long story short, in week 3 I've been successful and attained my goals again (hell yeah!). Now I'm officially level 1 :pride:.

Last week passed so fast and without any problems. A very good week. I hope this week will be the same.

That's wonderful!  Kick butt again in week 4!

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Yea for a great week .... and it sounds like good habits are coming naturally.  AWESOME!!!

Hoping for more interesting soccer matches coming up!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines