Xerla vs Snacking

Xerla

Hi guys!

GOAL

Smaller body size based on measurement tape (in metrics)

Neck

38 on 6/01/2014

Waist (narrow)

78 on 6/07/2014

Waist (naval)

86 on 6/07/2014

Hips

103 on 6/07/2014

Thigh

65 on 6/01/2014

Calf

39 on 6/01/2014

Arm

33 on 6/01/2014

Forearm

26 on 6/01/2014

Wrist

17 on 6/01/2014

% Body Fat (US Navy)

27 on 6/01/2014

Lean Mass

53 on 6/01/2014

Fat Mass

20 on 6/01/2014

Waist-to-Hip Ratio

0.76 on 6/01/2014

I don't know the normal rate of fat loss using measurement tape in 6 weeks, so I just set my goal to be 'smaller', maybe 1 cm. *starts slow* :D

ACTION PLAN

Since I've regained my eating clean habit for breakfast/lunch/dinner, and also found a good way to do quick intense workouts from previous challenge, I won't include them on my action plan. Now, the time has finally come for me to seriously paying attention on my crazy snacking habit. To be honest, I'm scared. Snacking is like a mini-boss that always come and ambush me any time it wants.

1. Stop nibbling excessively while baking.

This one is the hardest.

2. No snacking, unless:

- I'm visiting new cake shops and doing survey for improving my own cake shop (buy the most important one, eat half portion max)

- I got stuck in family/friend's party and I have to be polite by eating their snacks (in moderation: half portion or 1 handful max)

3. Food logging 

Track them all, be honest, and report. It will make me much more accountable if people can see my daily meal.

SIDE QUEST

1. Stretch every day for 5 - 10 minutes.

2. Do all the guild's mini challenges.

PRE-CHALLENGE OBSTACLES

1. My scale just gave me a huge mental breakdown by telling me that I gained 1 kg, despite all the healthy eating and workouts. I'm doing this challenge with half-motivation now.

2. The new open beta of Phantasy Star Online 2 SEA server distracts me from exercising.

• Like 4

Not a spirit of cowardice, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7
Intro | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Current Challenge

Hey there - this is a tough fight that you're taking on, but you can do it!!!  

The scale may be showing that you've gained muscle - focus on the tape measure instead!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Hey there - this is a tough fight that you're taking on, but you can do it!!!  

The scale may be showing that you've gained muscle - focus on the tape measure instead!

Thanks!!

Yes I instantly grabbed my measurement tape right after experiencing that horror from my scale :D

---

Oh. Day 1. And still 5 AM. I'm ridiculously nervous because I'm going to enter the kitchen in the next 5 minutes. 

Feels like doing my very first challenge... getting really anxious and excited at the same time  ^_^

• Like 1

Not a spirit of cowardice, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

I think it's good to keep the spirit of excitement.  So .... you have a cake shop??  I am totally impressed and hope you can find the right balance to keep yourself fit AND succeed at the business.

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

I think it's good to keep the spirit of excitement.  So .... you have a cake shop??  I am totally impressed and hope you can find the right balance to keep yourself fit AND succeed at the business.

Thank you for your support! I have to admit that I feel like I'm setting myself to lose, but this battle is still going and I want to win :)

Actually, the cake shop is my mother's, currently I'm helping her because there's not enough employee. I really enjoyed the job because I love cakes, and that's why this challenge is extremely challenging haha... But I'm very grateful because this challenge is just perfect to protect me from the cakes :D 

---

Recently, a baker just applied and I think he's perfect for the job. I thought my happy torture would end, but then of course he showed us his superb baking skill and baked so many kind of delicious cakes and breads. OMG. Thankfully I set up action plan #2, so I can manipulate my hungry brain to treat the baker's cakes and breads as 'new cakes from cake shop', therefore I must eat them half portion max. Seriously, my body doesn't need that much sugar and I believe that my taste buds are capable enough to rate the food with just a few bites.

I remember the first time I thought that "but non-obese people can still eat ice cream and junk food and yet they're still skinny!" Now I already mastered the trick to keep eating ice cream and not returning to my old self. I will once again find the trick to keep baking and reducing my body fat at the same time. I know this is very doable, I saw many bakers with low body fat percent visually :D I won't let myself using baking as an excuse. My baking hobby/job has nothing to do with my body fat. The culprit is my unhealthy snacking habit.

So yesterday, I baked 2 cakes for my cousin's birthday and my customer. Yes, of course I nibbled a little to check the taste, but I managed to stop my fingers from picking another crumbles. I always think that the amounts are small so it wouldn't count that much, but I realize that I'm building a bad habit. I'm really happy to know that these 2 days "I can stop".

I just did tabata burpee, and I raised my total count from 50 to 51. I managed to squeeze 1 burpee on the 3rd 20 secs. It was hard but I'm satisfied with myself. I'm going to do it again on next Thursday and Saturday, raising 1 count for each workout. At the end of week, my total count should be 53.

And I just decided to do the mini challenge as my stretching routine. My whole body cracked. Really. Especially during that shoulder dislocates move. Wall slides looks easy but then my body somehow just pull itself from the wall and I can't stick my back onto it. I stared at the mirror and noticed that I looked like an unnatural horrible creature when my palms facing inwards during the wrist extension stretch.

• Like 1

Oh, thanks for reminding me of the mini!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

*************   This is a semi automatic message from your future ex robotic guild leader     ********************

Hello! I just noticed that you haven't submitted the Assassin sign-up form.

For those of you new to the guild - this form allow us to list all the members of the guild that use our sign-up sheet, it makes our work easier and allows you to be registered in the phonebook or eligible for the most wanted list! (Please note, this is not the general sign-up, this is an additional sign up for our guild only.)

If it's not done already, make sure to subscribe to the announcement thread to make sure you won't miss any events or informations.

*************   This was a semi automatic message from your future ex robotic guild leader ********************

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

How can I forgot to sign up for this challenge -_-

So Week 1 I accomplished my goal of 53 total count for my tabata burpee. Yay!

I did well on snacking. I found that each time I got myself a satisfying meal, though not always healthy (breads for breakfast), I can avoid snacking.

I'm still thinking to change my food logging with MFP into manual logging.

For Week 2, my mini goal is getting the total count of 56 on tabata burpee. 

Still the same with snacking, but I hope I can have more healthy breakfast.

• Like 1

Well done on your burpees in week one, Xerla!!!

P.S.  I really really want to work in a cake shop now

Thank you!

You should try working at cake shop, it makes me happy and sad at the same time hahaha

---

Week 2:

Everything went well! I rarely snack, I still eat some bread though, but mostly for breakfast and not as snack. Yay!

I also did really well on burpee! I have to modify my workout routine, I'll create another one really soon.

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines