Tateman's challenge #8: It's been a year already!?

Wow!!! You killed it on week 1!!! That's awesome!! I still want to complete a C25K. I think I'm just scared of running and injuring my ankle again, even though I have a brace for it. I really want to be a runner!!

I feel your pain on veggies!!! I used to only like corn and peas, but now I eat almost anything except I still can't stomach broccoli or cauliflower. Lol oh well!! I used to never even eat tomatoes... To the point that when we would buy salsa I would just dip my chips in to get them wet and eat them... I'd never actually eat the tomatoes and stuff!! Now I freaking love salsa!!! Especially with cilantro!!

I like spaghetti squash too. It's a decent replacement for pasta, especially if you make a really meaty sauce!!!

I'll be praying for your wife for her surgery and recovery!! :)

• Like 1

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Wow - killer week 1...and bypassing Krispy Kremes too.  Thanks for the SS recipe.  I never seem to be hungry now, so I keep searching for new things to try.  This looks like something easy and fun. 

Thanks.  The SS came out really good int he oven.  I used it with the chili I made.  Just a small amount of SS left for tomorrow.  Still have a bit of chili.  Maybe I'll cut some sweet potato up and give a light fry or bake on them.  Then cover them in chili ;)

Wow!!! You killed it on week 1!!! That's awesome!! I still want to complete a C25K. I think I'm just scared of running and injuring my ankle again, even though I have a brace for it. I really want to be a runner!!

I feel your pain on veggies!!! I used to only like corn and peas, but now I eat almost anything except I still can't stomach broccoli or cauliflower. Lol oh well!! I used to never even eat tomatoes... To the point that when we would buy salsa I would just dip my chips in to get them wet and eat them... I'd never actually eat the tomatoes and stuff!! Now I freaking love salsa!!! Especially with cilantro!!

I like spaghetti squash too. It's a decent replacement for pasta, especially if you make a really meaty sauce!!!

I'll be praying for your wife for her surgery and recovery!! :)

Thanks.  I use to have the insta gag reflex with so many veggies.  Broccoli and cauliflower I was eating fine, then one day last year it went back on the do not like list.  It's weird.  I do seem to like raw broccoli in salad though.  I also use both broccoli and cauliflower in the soup I made last week, and they were great in that.

Tomatoes I have always loved.  The only problem I have is with store bought ones.  They are just not that good.  I have gotten some that were pretty good.  The ones I grew last year were awesome.  I can't wait for the tomatoes to come in this year.  We tried a cherry tomato plant this year, and there was already 2 ripe ones.  They were really good too :)

For my spaghetti sauce, I make it just the sauce first.  My oldest hates meat in it for some reason.  then I add in meat for the rest :)

Looks like we got a time for her.  We have to be there at 10:30am.  So surgery will probably be around noon on Wednesday.  I expect it to take a couple of hours.  Then they will keep her there overnight at least.  Maybe up to 2 days.  So I'll get to have fun with rush hour traffic I expect.  I should really try to bring something to eat while I am there.  I am sure there will be no whole 30 stuff around to eat.

• Like 1

Man it's such a pity that you guys don't like cauliflower, I love that stuff, love all the possibilities it has. My favorites are mashed cauli of course, I used cauliflower as a rice replacement for some homemade sushi rolls, and the prewife has made a few attempts at caulitots that generally taste good but need a bit of help in the consistency department.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

I try to avoid frozen all together, though last night I had some frozen peppers and onions...bleh tasteless drivel, give me fresh any day.

4.44%
4.44%

Tomatoes I have always loved.  The only problem I have is with store bought ones.  They are just not that good.  I have gotten some that were pretty good.  The ones I grew last year were awesome.  I can't wait for the tomatoes to come in this year.  We tried a cherry tomato plant this year, and there was already 2 ripe ones.  They were really good too :)

Looks like we got a time for her.  We have to be there at 10:30am.  So surgery will probably be around noon on Wednesday.  I expect it to take a couple of hours.  Then they will keep her there overnight at least.  Maybe up to 2 days.  So I'll get to have fun with rush hour traffic I expect.  I should really try to bring something to eat while I am there.  I am sure there will be no whole 30 stuff around to eat.

I feel ya on the store bought tomato thing, they're just terrible, not even worth eating half the time! 

Way to plan ahead with the hospital snacks, cut up veggies/fruit, maybe a larabar will all travel well.  :) 

I've been silently stalking you for a couple days now and decided to stop being a creeper and say hi. :)

Looks like you're doing great! And you've got a great support system built here. So glad to see it working and see you committed to these changes you're making. You're a freakin' rockstar.

And way to plan ahead like a BOSS! <hi5> 

Inspirational stuff right here, folks.

Man it's such a pity that you guys don't like cauliflower, I love that stuff, love all the possibilities it has. My favorites are mashed cauli of course, I used cauliflower as a rice replacement for some homemade sushi rolls, and the prewife has made a few attempts at caulitots that generally taste good but need a bit of help in the consistency department.

Yeah, it is weird for me.  I haven't had it mashed in awhile.  I might try to get some fresh cauliflower to make that again.  I was fine roasting them to eat before, then just one day I just couldn't have it.  Weirdness.  Of course, in soup they seem perfectly fine too.

Most of the time I am fine with frozen veggies, but cauliflower is the exception.  Fresh only!

Yeah, most veggies I get are frozen it seems.  Not always, but a bunch are.  Especially when I make soups with them.

I try to avoid frozen all together, though last night I had some frozen peppers and onions...bleh tasteless drivel, give me fresh any day.

I agree with having more fresh is better.  Sometimes I get too lazy with them though, and it doesn't get eaten in time.

I feel ya on the store bought tomato thing, they're just terrible, not even worth eating half the time! 

Way to plan ahead with the hospital snacks, cut up veggies/fruit, maybe a larabar will all travel well.   :)

I should try to find some larabars.  Every time I see ones though, they all have sugars in them.  Maybe I'll bring Celery and almond butter to snack on.  

I've been silently stalking you for a couple days now and decided to stop being a creeper and say hi. :)

Looks like you're doing great! And you've got a great support system built here. So glad to see it working and see you committed to these changes you're making. You're a freakin' rockstar.

And way to plan ahead like a BOSS! <hi5> 

Inspirational stuff right here, folks.

Hi Tateman, I've not been around for a bit, but want to say that your year review is fantastic! You've done so well, you should be immensely proud of yourself! I wish I could find spaghetti squash here, but all I can find are butternut squash (which I love anyway!) but I'd love to be able to try it as a sub for pasta... Good luck with week 7 of the C25K!

• Like 1

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

I wish I could find spaghetti squash here,

Not sure where "here" is, but it's worth noting that spaghetti squash is very seasonal, I know around me it tends to disappear from the stores when it's out of season, just keep your eyes open and you should hopefully stumble across it, otherwise maybe try checking the internet, might be a source for them there that will be willing to send them out (they have a fairly decent shelf life, so should survive a delivery at the least).

4.44%
4.44%

You know, it's actually pretty easy to make your own larabars, they're basically a half and half mix of dates and nuts with whatever dried fruit you want thrown in for flavor. The high sugar content mostly comes from the dates.

• Like 1

"I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul" -WEH

• Current Challenge: The 6 Labors
  • Level 5 Amazon Assassin

You know, it's actually pretty easy to make your own larabars, they're basically a half and half mix of dates and nuts with whatever dried fruit you want thrown in for flavor. The high sugar content mostly comes from the dates.

Yup!  I've made my own before too and they're delicious.  

The larabars I've found don't have added sugar, but yes, high sugar content from the dates (ie. still eat with caution).  I found some at walmart, but they're in the pharmacy section with the protein powders and atkins bars and stuff.  

Not sure where "here" is, but it's worth noting that spaghetti squash is very seasonal, I know around me it tends to disappear from the stores when it's out of season, just keep your eyes open and you should hopefully stumble across it, otherwise maybe try checking the internet, might be a source for them there that will be willing to send them out (they have a fairly decent shelf life, so should survive a delivery at the least).

Me and LadyWitch are in the UK, it is hard to find. I have seen it in the health food shop here in Edinburgh, but only once a year around end of summer/autumn. 

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

You go Tate kickin ass!

I saw you post on someone elses thread, didn't recognize it was you for a minute...curse your sudden yet inevitable avatar change!

^^^  This!  I am loving the new selfie!

How has the surgery been?  Hope all is well.

*hugs*

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

Also, sorry to be a pest, I know you have mentioned it already somewhere...

But, what app are you using there to track your runs.

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

but only once a year around end of summer/autumn. 

That's about the normal for the shops I find them at around here, like I was saying...it's an insanely seasonal squash.

4.44%
4.44%

Well done with Week 1 Tate, you are doing really well, also good luck to your wife with her surgery. I hope it goes well, been a bit MIA the last few days but trying to climb back into seeing how people are doing! Good luck with the rest of week 2 xx

Hi Tateman, I've not been around for a bit, but want to say that your year review is fantastic! You've done so well, you should be immensely proud of yourself! I wish I could find spaghetti squash here, but all I can find are butternut squash (which I love anyway!) but I'd love to be able to try it as a sub for pasta... Good luck with week 7 of the C25K!

Great to see you back :)  Thanks!  I can usually find it here in northern California all year.  Though sometimes it is smaller.

Yeah, I have heard in a few places it's very seasonal.

I haven't looked at the labels in awhile to see what all is in them.  I'm not worried about the sugars from dates, but more like if they use honey or something else.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who goes from being fine with a veggie to suddenly not standing it. Cauliflower is currently on my bad list, even though I've been fine with it frozen on the side for a few dishes. So strange.

Yup, it happens sometimes :)

Yup!  I've made my own before too and they're delicious.  

The larabars I've found don't have added sugar, but yes, high sugar content from the dates (ie. still eat with caution).  I found some at walmart, but they're in the pharmacy section with the protein powders and atkins bars and stuff.  

Yeah, I need to check again.  It might have just been ones with chocolate or somethign I looked at the time.  I never really checked out very many.  Mostly since I would think I would eat them too much.

I hope the surgery went well.  Sending positive vibes to both of you for a quick recovery and that the procedure really helps (long term). :joyous:

Surgery did go great for her.  There wasn't muse scar tissue, so they did the sleeve surgery.  Right now she is in the hospital till probably tomorrow.  Just on water right now, but things are looking good.  She is a little sore where the port was from her lap band.

^^^  This!  I am loving the new selfie!

How has the surgery been?  Hope all is well.

*hugs*

M x

Thanks :)  Surgery went pretty smooth once they got her in there.  

Also, sorry to be a pest, I know you have mentioned it already somewhere...

But, what app are you using there to track your runs.

M x

Right now I have been using RunDouble as my C25K app.  I also run Endomondo while I am running it too.

That's about the normal for the shops I find them at around here, like I was saying...it's an insanely seasonal squash.

yeah

So tired out haha.  Here is the run down.

Yesterday we got up and ready to leave by 8:30am.  She had to be there by 10:30am.  They usually make you show up 2 hours early.  So roughly 12:30pm when she would head to surgery. 

So first we stop at the store Sprouts.  I grab some trail mix to snack on.  We ended up getting there a little after 10am.  She is all checked in by 10:20am.  Then the wait begins.

We wait, and wait, and wait...  So they call her name to head back around 12:20pm.  I figure a couple of hours and good to go.  About 1:45pm they call me to see if I want to go back and see her.  When I head back there, I see she hasn't been in yet.  She was just in preop.  There were really busy there.  So she didn't get sent to the surgery room until around 3:30.  

It was probably like a hour to hour and a half when they came out to let me know everything went perfect.  Now she would be in recovery for 2 hours.  I'd guess it was 6:30pm when they called to let me know what room she was going into, and that I could head that way.

I ended up leaving around 7pm to head home.  there was some traffic, nothing too bad.  I got home about 8.

I dropped off the babysitter, then gave her dad a ride to his shop.  Afterwards I grabbed fast food for the kids.  I was really tempted to just grab myself some too.  I didn't though.

So I made it back to the house, and it was like 9:30pm now.  So I decided to hell with it, and made myself some bacon and eggs to at least eat something more then trail mix all day.  I was also really drained.  I didn't do my 30 days of change workout.  

This morning I ate before I should have, so no IF today.  I need to go ahead and workout today still.  I also need to run tonight.  My only problem is I don't feel liek I can.  Usually, I go out, and I know my wife is in there at least incase my kids needs something.  It's just me tonight.  So I am thinking I might not run tonight.  Swap it to tomorrow I guess.  

I should be heading back to get my wife tomorrow sometime.  I just am not sure when yet.

So anyhow, there it all is.  Not perfect, but I am trying to do ok.  Still got to bed on time and thing.  Still eating Whole 30.  I might be a little more mia a bit this week.  I'll try to stop in though at least.  I will really need to hit up everyone's threads too

• Like 1

You could always just try to run circles around your yard, let your kid chase you...you still get a run in, and he gets to have fun with dad.

4.44%
4.44%

Sounds like a hectic day and you didn't get a chnace to eat a proper meal until evening so no wonder you felt hungry in the morning, skipping out on the fast food is a big win as well it would have been so easy for you to order yourself something and you didn't! Well done!

Glad to hear the surgery went well and without any complications and I hope she heals up well.

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Glad the surgery went ok! Sounds like a horridly hectic day, but you did really well to resist the takeaway!

• Like 1

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines