Elastigirl and the Great Minion Challenge

Awesome recap ^^ everything looking goood :D

btw i meant to ask, i was thinking of getting a kettlebell myself. Do you find they bring a plus to your assassin training? what part of the body do the exercises actually target? Schoulders? :o thanks for your opinion :D

Thanks. I would say they bring a variety. I don't think they are a must have, but they add some fun and variety to my workouts. Swamplings right, they work the whole body. Even the military press, you are using not only your shoulders but your legs and core. And the swings are a great glute excercie.

You are all over this challenge! Go, girl!

Thanks. I need to go check out your thread

Sooooo do the visualizations make you happy so far? It sounds like so much fun tbh! And you're doing great! You are a constant reminder that I need to take more videos of myself, it's so helpful! 

Yes they make me happy.I think they help me focus on what I need to do too. Not sure if they are a help, but I enjoy it.    Videos are win all around

Since peach won,

ba16c6d82d19260cd7799366a0026789.jpg

tumblr_static_tumblr_lkin9ugfdx1qdvraco1

Amanda=mesmerized

What you've been doing is so freaking cool! I have to look deeper into GMB.

Thanks. GMB is fun and has very helpful tutorial on gymnastic type skills

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

For our true assassin minion, EG... :)

03.jpg

Great work on all your goals! Keep it up! :)

Thanks!

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

minonmonday.jpg

WEEK 1 Wrap Up:

Visualize: 1 minute 4 days a week visualizing one of the skills I am working on

To quote Teros's phrase :Flawless Victory: I did this every day. I find that it does help me focus on the move when I am practicing. If I really want to focus on something, say straight legs, picturing myself doing the skill with super straight legs does help me to remember to work on it doing the actual move

Tracking: Victory not exactly flawless because I did adapt my rules for this week.  The goal is 5/7 days tracking, not allowed to use both free days on the weekend. I decided to let that go because Saturday was super busy crazy with my son's graduation and we were having a family party for him. And Sunday was my birthday, and no one should track food on their birthday. Which meant that Saturday I wasn't watching and ate too much (corn on cob and gluten free lemon tarts-oh yeah) not horrible but not great. And Sunday was  a glorious day; went to my fav gluten free bakery, bought a slice of bread, a brownie AND a cupcake.Also went to the butcher and bought steaks for fathers day/my birthday. Nom. But now I shall return to normal

Walking + Pushups: Goal 40 pushups by challenge end

Good progress. I upped my pushups to 4 sets of 7 and one of 6. Friday I didn't go for a walk, because it was raining, but I still did the pushups. Actually I cleaned the kitchen during my rest breaks, which is a really great alternative if I am too busy/weather is gross for a walk.

Side quest: kick up handstands :Did a video, worked on it and various other handstand stuff this week

Things that went well this week:

1)Won the Mario Kart Bodyweight League Circuit  :) 

2) Lost 1/4" around waist

3)pants are fitting better

4) did burpees-first time in forever

Things that could be improved on

1) I ate more lemon tarts than I wanted to

Ways to improve this week:

Going on a mini vacation this week. Since I gained a bit of fat last challenge, and now lost it and am not looking to regain it, even if it is a vacation, I want to be semi strict food wise. Not enough to make it stressful, but I had a nice weekend of giving myself good treats and I don't need that this vacation. Therefore, 1 of the days on vacation I don't need to track(though still eat wisely) but the other days I will track.

• Like 8

What an awesome first week! Nicely done! At this rate, you and the minions WILL take over the world. ;)

• Like 1

My workout today:

No walk

pushups 6/7/7/7/7 squats 5 x5

warm up

shoulder shrugs

5 min kick up practice

BW circuit x 3

Push up regular 5

Overhead  squat15

Pull up 2 Plus GTG 2,2,2,1,2

Shrimp 5

90 degree pike 4-5-5

Points push up 50,pike,14, squats 100, pulls 6

GMB practice 2 run throughs of flow

Burpee 5  x 4

Cool down

I will be heading out of town for a few days, so posts may be scarce:

4a2e325c-2fe0-48b9-8558-f932d8d83134.jpg

side note: this is a picture of a travel bug geocache. I am so stealing this idea and placing a minion travelbug.

• Like 7

4a2e325c-2fe0-48b9-8558-f932d8d83134.jpg

side note: this is a picture of a travel bug geocache. I am so stealing this idea and placing a minion travelbug.

Hahahaaa, would be really nice to find a thing like that!

Good job on first week!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

I think you were way too modest with the 40 push-up goal.  You're on track to meet that by the end of this week.  I wouldn't be surprised if you could do 50 by the end of the challenge.  :)

Enjoy your mini-vacation!

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Awesome first week! As a fellow Mario Kart racer, I can say you totally crushed me :)

Will sneak around this thread for ideas how to be awesome, although I have to come clean: I've never seen the minions (no hating plz :) )

But inspired, I will to do it before the challenge ends

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Great first week!

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

We need some trinkets from NF to turn into travel bugs for NF geocachers to send around the world!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Hahahaaa, would be really nice to find a thing like that!

Good job on first week!

Thanks!

Have fun out of town! And don't forget to visualize your awesomeness! Oh and bring photos of minions everywhere!

We did have fun, even though we didn't bring photos of minions :) 

Great first week hun, especially considering you had 2 celebrations at the weekend!  Though I will argue that there is no such thing as too much lemon tart ;)

Thanks. You may have a point on the lemon tarts, such good stuff,  :D 

Awesome job on your first week, if anyone could take over the world it would definitely be you! 

Hope you have lots of fun on your mini vacation :)

Thanks, we had a great time!

I'm super late to the party but I just wanted to say, i covet your minion theme.

Minions!

d27bfe51a0d264e35a8ca031b8b0047f.jpg

• Like 1

I think you were way too modest with the 40 push-up goal.  You're on track to meet that by the end of this week.  I wouldn't be surprised if you could do 50 by the end of the challenge.  :)

Enjoy your mini-vacation!

I debated about the number forever. Last challenge I did tons and really upped my numbers, but didn't always focus on form. This challenge I wanted more of a balance. I didn't want my numbers so high that I neglected my form. But want to challenge myself. We'll see. And this week I counted as maintenance since we were gone for half the week.

Awesome first week! As a fellow Mario Kart racer, I can say you totally crushed me :)

Will sneak around this thread for ideas how to be awesome, although I have to come clean: I've never seen the minions (no hating plz :) )

But inspired, I will to do it before the challenge ends

Thanks. Mario Kart is so fun, can't wait to see how this week ends up. You should see both the movies-so much fun!

You had an awesome first week and great start to this week.  Keep up the workout while your on your vacation!

Thanks. Did a bit of working out on vacation, and went on a 11 mile beach walk!

You're doing so well!! And what a great idea for geocaching.

Thanks

Happy vacationing! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return :D

Thanks, I'll post later, hopefully with pictures. We saw eagles, and got to go inside a light house and see the view from the lighthouse top.

• Like 2

Great first week!

Thanks

We need some trinkets from NF to turn into travel bugs for NF geocachers to send around the world!!

Oh that would be fun. We talked before about doing something. 

Oh wow, I feel like I'm learning so much reading through all your posts! I definitely need to start following this!

Thanks!

Hey, that's a fellow minion! I love your idea!!

Thanks!

minion-rush-MTT-hula.jpg

• Like 2

Had a great min vacation. We were in a cottage that was overlooking the beach. Very relaxing, sipping tea in the morning, and watching boats sail by and eagles fly overhead.

Lots of things to say about my trip. I'll just bullet point, and it may make it less of a wall of writing, but I haven't posted in a bit so now I have words built up :) 

One of the first things (beside the great ocean view) I noticed when we arrived at our cottage was the huge lawn. Yay, room for handstands, crow and cartwheels. A morning sitting in the sun read a good book interspersed with handstand practice and cartwheels is a good morning.

We walked down the beach to the lighthouse, a round trip of 11 miles. We got to climb to the top and see the light and the magnificent view. Yay for being in good enough shape to do that. Even walked a good portion barefoot. Love the feel of sand under my feet.

I had said I would track food, but really who is going to track food on their vacation. Stupid expectation on my part. We had a kitchen and so most of my meals were paleo. I did have rice after the walk, but that was planned, as it is an easy carb to fix, and since it was vacation, I wanted easy.

The treats I had were magnificent and worth it. Found a farm to table  restaurant and had gluten free fish and chips (squee I have so missed that meal) the potatoes were actually oven baked, and they were hands down best potatoes I've ever had.And then a gluten free tart for dessert.

Last day of the trip we had car trouble (boo) which delayed us. We had the big lunch at 1:00 but it was 8 by the time we were able to eat dinner. Found a Mexican restaurant nearby to eat at, while our car's battery was being charged. I was hungry by the time we sat down, and of course they bring chips. I knew if I even ate one, it would be a goner. So tempting-that voice in my head saying- "it's been so stressful you deserve it" "c'mon it's your vacation" but I knew that if I started I would lose what little control I had, so I just sipped on my water :)-side note: it was the alternator, our car is now fixed, I didn't need to eat the chips in order to solve the problem ;)  

Did some pushups on vacation. I didn't want to get too  far behind in my Mario Bodyweight challenge. Then went on our 11 mile walk, and come home super tired. Checked the boards, and discovered I had won an invicibility star, meaning all my points were doubled. Ate dinner, then spurred on the star points, I cranked out some BW squats.

• Like 8

That sounds like a lovely mini-vacation!! Such a beautiful place!

Congratulations on staying paleo for the most of the time. It's not easy when you are not at home. And specially if you are starving!

A farm to table restaurant, oooooooh, so envious, I don't think they even exist here.

Glad to see you back, and from your writing it looks like you've replenished your energy!

34855a539a8c56c8481b931d4af1b4dd.jpg

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines