pattycake118 establishes routine

Challenge 3 begins!

I feel like I'm getting back on track with this one. Right now I'm at a place where I don't want to look at the scale so, while there won't be measurements, there will still be a starting photo up soon enough. I do have measurements on my previous two challenges and on the photos in my album if you're interested.

Motivation:
I need to love my body in order to accept the love that others give me, as well as to allow myself to love others more freely.

Challenge Goals:

Sleep. 3 STA, 2 CON

I didn't do well on this one last challenge, so it's back again. I need to get to bed at 10:30 pm regularly to get up at 6:30 am. I've also put my foot down with my husband - he's not allowed sleeping in the bed until he stops snoring. Harsh, I know, but I've been asking him to drop enough weight to stop snoring for a long time now and it really affect my sleep.  It makes me sad and embarrassed to share this, but I'm finally sleeping through the night. I need to learn how to wind down at the end of the day and get myself into bed.

Prevent evening snack attacks. 2 WIS, 2 CHA

Have better/larger meals/snacks during the day, have dinner ready when I get home (crock pot, left-overs), get sufficient sleep, have snacks in a small bowl, chew gum or have tea in the evening, etc.

Run. 2 STA, 2 DEX

Daily, before work, I'll be up at 6:30 am to get in a quick jog on the treadmill. This will realistically range 15-23 minutes depending on how long it takes me to get downstairs. I want to make the run non-negotiable. I may take a break from it on weekends.

Life Side Quest:
Plan a vacation. 2 CHA
I've booked tickets to Iceland and London, and returning from Paris. August 16-30. Eek!
I have the stopover in Iceland all planned out at this moment, now I need to figure out the rest.

Please provide any feedback, advice, etc. you may have for my challenge!

• Like 7

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

I like your goals, they seem very doable :). Be careful with jogging though, you might hurt your knees or other part of your legs if you jog every day. I don't know your current level, so I can't say whether this is too much or you need to throw walking workouts in between as well.

I especially like your mission to eliminate evening snacking, in my experience evening snacks are not necessary as long as you have a nice filling dinner :). Good luck, I'll be cheering you on :).

Please provide any feedback, advice, etc. you may have for my challenge!

I've booked tickets to Iceland and London, and returning from Paris. August 16-30.

Add Goal:  Tickets for Hazard too (+19231!18#$134  CHA).   I have so much envy right now!

Also, following. :)

You haven't seen my Final Form

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

Found you!

Excellent goals for this challenge, I've subbed to follow your progress.

And you'll love Iceland! Are you planning on going to the Blue Lagoon? Loved it there, the waters were so nice. Wish I had had the time and money for a massage.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Ohhhh!  Exciting!  I've never been to Iceland but I LOVE London!!  I recommend checking out Greenwich if you can.  The Royal Observatory is very cool, as is the National Maritime Museum (doesn't sound cool, but it is, really!!).  Have fun! 

Good luck with those goals!  See how you feel with the daily running--I usually like to give my body a rest from running, so will run at most every other day, with cross training in between.  From reading your previous challenges, you seem in tune with your body so I'm sure you'll listen to how it is feeling!

HermioneCrusher: Level 4 Human Witch Scout

Current Challenge: HermioneCrusher conjures new food

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

STR 5 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 4

Happy First-Day-of-the-Challenge to everyone!

Photos will not be up tonight (desperately doing laundry today) but probably tomorrow.

I made some bread with quinoa flour and oh goodness lunches today were very filling! I didn't finish my sandwich at lunch and hubby brought his snacks home. I'm pleasantly surprised, as I want to get into milling some of my own whole-grain (or bean) flour to add to my baking.

There was some snacking after dinner, but dinner was only a bowl of chowder and snacks were an apple and some of the bars I was making to put in lunches.

I didn't want to get up for my morning jog, but when I was on the treadmill I got into it and actually went faster than last week. I quite enjoyed it. Also, I'm watching (partial) episodes of Buffy at the same time for now.

Be careful with jogging though, you might hurt your knees or other part of your legs if you jog every day.

Thanks! I'm allowing myself to walk on an incline if my body doesn't feel up to jogging that morning.

Add Goal:  Tickets for Hazard too (+19231!18#$134  CHA).   I have so much envy right now!

Hm... may be worth the stat points to bring you along....

I will post pictures when I eventually go.

Our goals are very similar (except the early morning treadmill run)

We will exterminate that post dinner snack!

Good to meet you! I'll check out your challenge soon!

I think that filling lunch I had today was a good start to eliminate snacking. The pull wasn't as strong today.

And you'll love Iceland! Are you planning on going to the Blue Lagoon? Loved it there, the waters were so nice. Wish I had had the time and money for a massage.

I have booked entry and passes to the Blue Lagoon. It looks amazing! I'm spending a few hours there before flying on to London. No massage or anything fancy - it is quite expensive. I'm thinking that just soaking my cares away will be enough.

Love it! London is wonderful. I've heard Icelandic is one of the hardest languages to learn...

What's your top recommendation for London? I haven't yet planned that part of my trip.

Thank goodness I don't need to learn Icelandic. I think I've heard it once or twice and had no idea what they were saying

Ohhhh!  Exciting!  I've never been to Iceland but I LOVE London!!  I recommend checking out Greenwich if you can.  The Royal Observatory is very cool, as is the National Maritime Museum (doesn't sound cool, but it is, really!!).  Have fun! 

Good luck with those goals!  See how you feel with the daily running--I usually like to give my body a rest from running, so will run at most every other day, with cross training in between.  From reading your previous challenges, you seem in tune with your body so I'm sure you'll listen to how it is feeling!

I'll check those out when planning. I love museums, zoos, and aquariums.....

For running, I think I'll be ok because it's not too lengthy, and I'll incline walk instead if I need to. 15-25 minutes isn't too bad for daily (rest on weekends), is it?

It's a habit I had a few year back that I dropped and realized I missed it. It just makes me happy to do.  Thanks for the advice!

Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving a note! I have the warm fuzzies now.

• Like 2

You are great! I have no idea what's great about London and Iceland, except that I know that many people love Tate Modern in London.

Milling your own flour is SO cool :D. I'm glad incorporating quinoa worked out for you, I'm looking forward to your other experiments. I incorporated some semolina in a bread last week, and that worked really well as well :). I love baking, I should definitely pick it up again. I'll follow your experiments closely.

Also good job on the running, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Also, Angel is handsome, so he's a good reason to get on your treadmill every morning ;).

• Like 1

Great goals this time, Patty! Sorry I'm a day late, but it looks like you got off to a good start anyway :)

Still monitoring the iron intake?

I am so thrilled for you to have such a lovely vacation!! I can't wait to see photos and hear tales of your time there :)

Good luck this time! I'll be here with  ya ;)

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

I have booked entry and passes to the Blue Lagoon. It looks amazing! I'm spending a few hours there before flying on to London. No massage or anything fancy - it is quite expensive. I'm thinking that just soaking my cares away will be enough.

It will be enough :) Just to warn you, there is a very nice (free) waterfall that gives an excellent shoulder/back massage, however, it's powerful enough to untie any knots on your bathing suit. I still say go stand underneath for a minute or so, just keep ahold of you suit :)

Those seemed like some good healthy snacks for after dinner. What kind of chowder did you have and was it homemade? I ask because clam chowder can be very high in calories depending on how it's made (the more butter and cream, the tastier, but oh so bad for you! lol).

Awesome job using the treadmill. You could have just slept in, but kudos for you for getting up and moving!

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So I haven't done my photos yet - it's been a long week. I worked Monday-Saturday. Hopefully I'll get them up soon, but I haven't taken them yet.

Progress update:

Sleep - still not doing too well on that one. I've been paying attention to my current habits, so at least I'm learning. Currently I get home and have dinner, do some errands/baking/tv watching, make lunches, go to bed. Bed is usually 11:30-12. I think next week I would like to try making lunches as I make dinner. I'm also strongly considering buying a foot massager to put in the bedroom at my vanity/desk where I can sit for a half hour and get my feet rubbed while reading a book right before bed. I feel that may be the convincing that I require to wind down for the night earlier than I have been.

Prevent snacking - the past two days I've had my lunch earlier in the day (sandwich during my 15 minute break at 11am) and then my snack during my lunch break (apple and nuts/seeds around 1 pm) instead of the opposite order like I had before. I also had a mini lunch during my last break (meat and veggies ,4pm) two days this week. I really like how much more energy I felt I had those time. It helped decrease night-time snacking, but didn't yet eliminate it. More sleep is required for that, I believe.

Run - doing awesome! Every weekday morning, whether I want to or not, I am down at the treadmill. Friday my legs didn't want to, so I just walked at an incline, but it's still more movement than I would have otherwise done. It also makes me happy to know that I started my day so well.

Side // Vacation - hoping to plan some more tonight or tomorrow. Haven't yet this week.

---

Milling your own flour is SO cool :D.

I'm so happy I'm not the only one to be excited by this! I milled white beans and replaced 1 cup of flour in my loaf of bread with that - it is very good! Plain bread seemed a little sweeter, but not noticeable in sandwiches. Good texture too. There is no difference in the loaf, but it has more nutrition in it. I've ordered a fine mesh sieve online for sifting out the un-ground pieces.

Still monitoring the iron intake?

Not outright - I've managed to keep the good habits I built last challenge. I also suspect that my leg get tingly when I'm low, so I have a steak that night. It's not perfect, but it's working.

What kind of chowder did you have and was it homemade? I ask because clam chowder can be very high in calories depending on how it's made (the more butter and cream, the tastier, but oh so bad for you! lol).

Awesome job using the treadmill. You could have just slept in, but kudos for you for getting up and moving!

Homemade turkey black bean chowder, using a can of coconut milk instead of cream. Soooo good. I didn't add up the calories, but based on the ingredients and how much it made it wasn't too high cal.

Thanks!

• Like 3

I finally took my photos last night! It's the last one with the peach/pink sports bra. Sadly I can see that I lost the progress I had from the first challenge, but hope is not lost!

2014/02/23 Start of Challenge 1:

Feb 23 2014

2014/04/08 Start of Challenge 2:

2014 04 08

2014/06/18 Challenge 3:

2014 06 18

(oops! took the side photo facing the other way so I flipped it in the software...)

Thankfully I'll be able to bounce back from it. I feel like my eating is on track. I've logged my calories these past two days and found that I had too large a deficit in the evening, therefore required my snacks. They were reasonable and not out of control.

I missed one day of running in the morning since I last updated due to car troubles/having to bus.

I've had more energy/alertness in the evenings, and have been finally feeling tired for my bedtime. It feels like things are falling into place.

I'm also excited about my FitBit all over again - I'm playing around with the goal setting to be calories instead of steps. A little more confusing since it indicates every time you meet 20% of the goal, but I'll find something that works for me.

So, since last update, I'm doing A-OK!

(and really hoping to have a photo update in the right direction next time!! Look forward to it!)

• Like 3

Good to see you're getting on routine!! keep it up you can do it!!!

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

STR |5.5| DEX|4| STA|4| CON|6| WIS|5| CHA|0|

Previous Challenge: Level 1 RebelRangersRangersMonks Current Challenge: Monks

Track Calories with MyFitnessPal (4.5% per comp)

9%
9%

MOSSA Power and Fight (5% per comp)

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

Bed by 10:30 awake by 6:30 (2.25% per each per comp)

0%
0%

Hello all!

I've been doing ok since last time but not as well, I don't think.

I've been up every weekday morning to spend time on the treadmill. I've been tired this week, so my run isn't as strong but I've walked and jogged regardless.

I've missed my bedtime by about a half hour for a few days, which is why I'm tired. And because of that I haven't eaten as well as I should.

So, not perfect, but not terrible. I can improve and keep it up.

• Like 1

I've been up every weekday morning to spend time on the treadmill.

I should probably start doing this.  Thanks for the idea. ;)

You haven't seen my Final Form

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

I've missed my bedtime by about a half hour for a few days, which is why I'm tired. And because of that I haven't eaten as well as I should.

I've been missing bedtime, too ... and since I miss it by a bit, I'm like "well I might as well just stay up late!" and that leads to waaaaaay too late. :lol:

These past two days were bad for sleep because of celebrating Canada day and being too chilly to sleep. I'm getting better - feeling tired around my bed time and tying to stop distractions.

I admit I got bored of my morning run. The girl who's been in the gym lately watches the TV obnoxiously loud too. After taking an extra rest day I decided my mind wasn't into it anymore, and I am instead doing the Insanity DVD program. Fit test and day 1 are complete and I feel great. A little sore, but great. I also loved getting through it first thing in the mornings so far.

Snacking has been mostly under control with heartier meals during the day.

Also, bought a 3-day London pass online (admission and queue-jumping for many sights) and figured out which of those sights are of interest to hubby and me. I expect 2-3 major points of interest per day is realistic. Need to book a hotel once I figure out the rough itinerary...

• Like 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines