pattycake118 establishes routine

While a solid routine is great, it can get boring. Switching it up and doing the Insanity DVD was a smart choice. Glad things are going okay with the snacking and healthier meals :)

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I haven't fallen off the wagon - but I have been trying to hang on!

First, Insanity was too much. It tuckered me right out. I spent the better part of a day sleeping after dragging at work for the week. So it seems I'm not fully where I should be iron-wise. I took a break to rest and have been watching my first more closely.

Second, since there's less strength work in Insanity, I wasn't working my core as hard as I should. So my back became weaker. I had a somewhat sore evening and woke up to a relapse of back problems.

That evening I started up the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVDs and did my best to get through it. I managed and felt a bit better. I alao have been wrapped in a heating blanket, lying on my foam roller, and the occasional medicine. Tonight is day 3 of the workout with a massage tomorrow. Hopefully there will be significant improvement by the start of next week, because my next course of action will be a visit to the chiropractor.

• Like 3

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Sorry to hear that Insanity was too much and it made you regress on your back problems. But glad you were able to recognize it and stop it before it got even worse. I hope that you are feeling better today.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Hey all!

My back is in recovery mode. Chiropractor appointment #2 was tonight, with much improvement.

I do like the Jillian Michaels videos because it's a good mix of cardio and strength, whereas Insanity was mainly cardio. But, since I'm limiting my jumping around now, I'm doing more pilates-type (blogilates.com) strengthening exercises and trying to take walks in the evening.

I'm skipping out on the next challenge, since I'll be traveling in a few weeks. I plan to continue my goals for this challenge during this time. I'll post travel photos at some point.

Good luck to you all on your next challenge!!

• Like 1

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines