Lady Senie's Mission Possible 02 - Realization

MP02 –Realization Parameters

Date: 2014 May 31

Faced with the mixed success of her last mission, subject finds herself eager to begin anew, with new goals in mind.  Subject has therefore petitioned to begin her next mission on the first of the month, wanting to get an early start on her impending victory.  Given her enthusiasm and high spirits, I have agreed to her petition.  In return, subject will work even harder to be diligent in her reports.  Expect to see all 42 days documented and accounted for this time around; barring illness or injury, of course.

Mission Parameters (effective 2014Jun01)

M1: Work out is some way at least five days a week without taking two rest days in a row.

M2: Successfully remain on one diet plan for the next 6 weeks

M3: Follow Matthew’s Push up Challenge for next 6 weeks

M4: Drink 2-3 liters of water daily

L1: Work on writing projects at least 30 minutes daily.

L2: Crochet at least 30 minutes daily.

L3: Make one youtube video a week.

As usual, subject will provide daily analysis and evaluation of her activities.  Her last goal is unique in that it is a weekly achievement rather than a daily one.  This goal will therefore be logged as ‘locked’ until it is met, at which time it will be considered a ‘pass’.  At each week’s end, the goal will become ‘locked’ again.  Also, if the subject makes more than one video, it does not count towards future weeks.

Since subject seemed to thrive in the face of continued support and inspiration, this challenge will continue that stimulus.  Her battle log will continue to be open to the public and subject will be joining the Renaissance Rebels group in an attempt to find advice and encouragement. 

Mission will begin 2014Jun01 and end 2014Jul12.

- End Comm

• Like 4

Level 1 Hobbit. Warrior at heart

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Desired Class/Profession: Favored Soul/Warrior

"...But if you want to get what you never got, gotta do something that you've never done" - Mary Mary "Go Get It"

"Reasons or results - you decide" - Shin Ohtake, MAX Workouts

"Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." - Bruce Lee

"We Become What We Want to Be by Consistently Being What We Want to Become Each Day" - harlanJEN

MP02 (Realization) Status Report

Date: 2014 June 01

Subject spent the majority of her time outside of nursing unit driving, grocery shopping and in food preparation.  Considering the insanity that was her shift this evening, she seems pleased to have met so many of her goals.  Two considerations she will be taking into account over the next few days: 1) energy levels are always low at the beginning of a dietary change, and 2) subject must find a way to achieve all or most of her goals prior to stepping on the unit, as there is no guarantee how a shift will go once she’s on the floor.

Goal Evaluation (Pass/Fail)

M1: Work out is some way at least five days a week without taking two rest days in a row. Pass – Designated Day Off

M2: Successfully remain on one diet plan for the next 6 weeks Pass

M3: Follow Matthew’s Push up Challenge for next 6 weeks Pass

M4: Drink 2-3 liters of water daily Pass

L1: Work on writing projects at least 30 minutes daily. Fail

L2: Crochet at least 30 minutes daily. Pass

L3: Make one YouTube video a week. Locked

Final Thoughts

All and all, a good start to her challenge, though subject seems disinclined to celebrate knowing that the REAL work starts tomorrow.

- End Comm

• Like 1

"...But if you want to get what you never got, gotta do something that you've never done" - Mary Mary "Go Get It"

"Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." - Bruce Lee

"We Become What We Want to Be by Consistently Being What We Want to Become Each Day" - harlanJEN

MP02 (Realization) Status Report (Missive)

Date: 2014 June 02

I woke up this morning over-exhausted and depressed.  It doesn’t even make sense; yesterday was a good first day for me.  But I woke up just thinking about the inevitable crash.  In essence, any time I seem to be doing well, I inevitably screw it up.  The thought of eventually screwing up this time really, REALLY got me down. 

My afternoon was much better than my morning.  First, while hanging out with my husband in a supplement store while he hunted for a certain type of Whey (long story), I found a supplement being sold in a grenade (yes, I bought the heck out of it), and found out that the cashier happens to be a personal trainer.  She’s okay with lifting heavy and full-bodied workouts, and she’s agreed to be MY personal trainer once I have the basement gym set up!  After that, I went to an archery range and tried my hand at archery for the first time in a lifetime.  I was terrified to do it, but as this is ‘My Year of No Fear’, so of course I went for it. 

I need more practice.  Like, lots and lots more practice.  As in, 10ft targets meant for little kids gave me AMAZING amounts of trouble.  And I loved every single moment of it!  For $16/session, I can get all the practice I want.  Which I plan to do in spades.  I’m so excited!  In addition, I’ve FINALLY decided to buckle down and join the martial arts dojo by my son’s preschool.  In the face of everything good that happened today, I’m exceptionally happy that I stuck it out with everything else on my list today.  I’ve had my first hiatus nominee, L1.  Honestly, I have so many things on the go right now, that it’s really not fair to have this on my plate right now.  Everything else is working out fine, but L1 is just not right for right now.

As for my brief jaunt into depression-ville, thank God for my husband.  Without him, I might STILL be there.  (Seriously, when I get low, I get LOW).  He helped me get it back together, and gave me a new mission and goal for myself; actively work towards wanting to cosplay as myself (give it a minute, I promise it’ll make sense).  Mission overall successful today; I’ll be juggling laundry, Chris’ gun practice, and Movie Night with my friend tomorrow. ^_~

M1: Work out is some way at least five days a week without taking two rest days in a row. Pass

L1: Work on writing projects at least 30 minutes daily. Fail - Hiatus

- End Comm

• Like 2

Date: 2014 June 03

Subject has been ultra-productive today in terms of household chores.  One would never guess at yesterday’s problems from today’s performance.  She achieved all goals and seems to have an idea how to continue her streak into her upcoming six-day stretch of day/evening shifts.  She plans to look into ‘cold therapy’ as a side project.  Considering subject’s natural intolerance of cold, it should be interesting all around.

M1: Work out is some way at least five days a week without taking two rest days in a row. Pass

L1: Hiatus

Final Thoughts

Presence of subject’s child made video-making ambitions impossible to achieve tonight.  Subject intends to try again tomorrow and post a previously made video from last week.

- End Comm

• Like 1

Date: 2014 June 04

Subject has had a horribly awful day.  A day that seemed bound and determined to suck every bit of joy and resilience out of her.  The kind of day that abjectly refused to end.  The kind of day that would have killed subject’s fitness-streak dead in its tracks before.  Seriously, I have seen her climb into the cold comfort of her fridge or the hot pleasure of her favorite fast food joint after a day like this, not to be seen again for days.

Subject stuck to the plan.

All day long, subject refused to give up her progress in the face of things going so abysmally wrong.  She rallied valiantly, using bathroom cleaning and the promise of unlocking her weekly goal as a means to stay focused.  Subject even managed to cut herself while hanging her shower curtain and refused to give in, even in the face of such an absurd circumstance!  I’m thoroughly impressed with her attitude and determination today, and so proud of her progress.  She’s starting to move into the scary new territory of alternate coping techniques and I’m looking forward to her continued success.

M1: Work out is some way at least five days a week without taking two rest days in a row. Pass – Designated Day Off

L3: Make one YouTube video a week. Pass

- End Comm

• Like 1

Date: 2014 June 05

Today I officially put in my bid to be a Renaissance Rebel, and in the process became an honorary member of the Black Dog Tamers.  Translation: I will be kept busy for the next 6 weeks.  In the meantime, I’m on a roll.  I finally got a chance to catch up with some of the Nerd Rebellion reading and the ‘Week of No Excuses’ article really resonated with me.  See, there’s always going to be a reason to start later, to start over, to take a break, and worry about it tomorrow.  But Otake-san wrote once; reasons or results – you decide.  Since I honestly can’t have both, I’ve decisively chosen results – a choice I intend to willingly make each day. 

For the rest of my life?  I don’t know.  I feel like I’ve made a breakthrough; like something inside has finally shifted into gear.  But let’s face it; I’ve been here before.  Yup, I’ve been down this road before, with its ups and inevitable low when I fail yet again.  Yet...  I’m going to roll with it this time.  I’m going to resolve with each new day that I’ll take the results and skip the reasons and see just how far it takes me.  Already I’ve put this into gear.  Take an hour ago, for instance.  By the end of this particular mission, I want to have all or most of y basement back.  For goodness sake, I have the opportunity to work with a real, live personal trainer once my basement gym is up and running!  With that in mind, I figured I would go down there and empty at least one of the book boxes.  Immediately the reasons not to do it popped up.  1) It’s late, 2) I’m tired, 3) it’s been a long, productive day and I’ve earned the right to relax, 4) one box isn’t going to mean much in the long run.  But strangely enough, just as quickly came counters to these reasons.  1) And, 2) I’m tired anyway, 3) ‘earning’ has nothing to do with it, 4) said the starfish to the man, much?  Feeling pumped, I headed down to tackle a box of books I’ve wanted to put away.  As soon as I got down there it turns out that the shelves I was planning to unload the box in question onto are nowhere to be found.  Did I quit?  Nope, I found another box to unload and put it in my old, empty footlocker LIKE A BOSS! 

I’m honestly enjoying myself, even my diet – the hardest, but obviously most important part of my ‘plan’ – is bowing to my l33t mental discipline.  So bring it on, Black Dog.  You might just get me in the end, but I sure as HELL am going to make you earn every scuffle, every defeat. ^_~

Final Thoughts

My hospital is heading into downtime procedures starting tomorrow at 2000 and ending sometime on Saturday.  If there’s ever going to be a litmus test for my resolve… that will be it.

- End Comm

• Like 2

Date: 2014 June 06

It truly surprised me just how much I did NOT want to go to work today.  You have to understand; SCM is our way of communication between health care providers.  All the medication records are there, all the lab results are there, all new orders and information is there, any new tests for the patient to undergo are put there…  So when it fails, I die a little inside.  And that abject terror colored my whole day!  I just wanted to call out sick and curl up in a corner with a pizza, jabbering at the injustice of the system being taken offline in the middle of a shift. 

Did I do that?  Of course not.  If I want results – real, lasting results – I have to be able to function even when things are going catastrophically wrong.  So, I made my meals, exercised, got to work with nary a moment to spare and without my ID tag (which earned me a surprise visit from my son and my saint of a husband), did my pushups as able, and crocheted on my breaks.  And you know what?  Somehow, I managed to accomplish all my goals in the midst of all the chaos. ^_^  Ain’t nothing gonna break my stride, nobody gonna slow me down… Oh no… I’ve got to keep on movin!

Final Thoughts

Today the system went down, and most of my co-workers think that was the hard part.  But tomorrow comes chart reconciliation, and I know from experience that that is the part to truly fear.

- End Comm

• Like 2

Alright! This looks great!

You are kickin' butt like a warrior on the basement and in coping with all the chaos at work! Woohoo!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Alright! This looks great!

You are kickin' butt like a warrior on the basement and in coping with all the chaos at work! Woohoo!

Le sigh... If only I WAS getting the basement done...  But alas, I am not.  It's just too much to do and hubby and my schedules don't allow for enough coinciding downtime to put a dent in the mess down there.  I'm not giving up or anything, just waiting for a break in the insanity to try and make that happen.

Work is ridiculouw, though.  I do not deny that.  Nor do I deny my newfound ability to tell it to 'piss off' while I acheive some good ^_~

• Like 2

I was impressed with your just jumping in and tackling the box of books despite all the reasons not to, then doing another one! If you do little bits frequently enough, you will get it done along with all the other things you are doing. And probably faster than you think!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

MP02 (Realization) Status Report & Weekly Summary (Missive)

Date: 2014 June 07

This week has not seen me fail a single objection for a single day.  Only one goal does not fit with this particular mission and has been put on hiatus.  Heading into Week 2 I intend to up my push up challenge to six sets of fifteen from six sets of ten.  I feel that I’m starting to be a bit complacent about those push up sets.  We shall see how successful I remain in the face of that particular change in routine.

Goal Evaluation (Pass/Fail)                           Weekly Evaluation

M1: Work out is some way at least five days a week without taking two rest days in a row.

Pass                                                                Weekly = Pass

M2: Successfully remain on one diet plan for the next 6 weeks

Pass                                                                Weekly = Pass

M3: Follow Matthew’s Push up Challenge for next 6 weeks

M4: Drink 2-3 liters of water daily

L2: Crochet at least 30 minutes daily.

L3: Make one YouTube video a week.

- End Comm

• Like 3

You are rockin' it - Woot! Momentum going into your change of pushup routine!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Seems like a lot on your plate.  Just make sure to listen to your body.  If you're really tired after about 2 weeks of this even though you're getting solid sleep, maybe dial it back.  If you're feeling fine, then keep rocking. :) 

Good luck and have fun!

I crochet too.

I would love to see you post some photos of your projects!

M x

• Like 1

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

I crochet too.

I would love to see you post some photos of your projects!

M x

::sighes:: And as soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I'll get right on it.  God, I'm such an idiot-savant today.  Honestly, I can't quite remember how I got my profile picture up right now...

• Like 1

Date: 2014 June 08

Subject had a crisis today.  The conflict and predictably terrible plight of the ‘Rebound Success’ as she has come to call it hit so hard that she was forced to take a Mental Health Day from work just to deal with it.  Subject still appears to be struggling with the inevitable crash off this latest string of successes in her life.  Combined with the fact that a great deal of her favorite diet foods don’t seem to be available in the usual places, she struggled just to keep it together.

But she did.  Subject reached ALL of her goals, even in the midst of her doubt and disbelief in herself.  All except the pushup challenge.  Instead of six sets of fifteen pushups throughout the day, she settled on SIXTEEN!  Apparently, subject finds it easier to count two sets of eight rather than straight to fifteen.  ^_^ All and all, a good day for her mission, but her mental attitude is likely to be the hardest part of her challenge in the coming weeks.  The good news is that it does not seem to be breaking her, and her wonderful family support system seems to be carrying her through right now.

- End Comm

• Like 2

::sighes:: And as soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I'll get right on it.  God, I'm such an idiot-savant today.  Honestly, I can't quite remember how I got my profile picture up right now...

I take pictures with my phone and upload to photobucket. Then you can just copy/paste the link when you post something and it shows up. 

Example:

20140417_184502_zpsirgacrxy.jpg

Some random batch cooking food I made. Super easy if you can put it on photobucket.

Date: 2014 June 09

So, I stayed up and barked at the moon last night.  I know, I know…  But every once in a while I start to feel like, ‘I’m an adult and I can stay up as long as I frickin’ want to’!  Which, ironically, happens to be one of THE most childish things one can say.  But, I barked at the moon last night, and I’ll be damned if the moon didn’t bark back.  Or, that just might have been the sleep deprivation talking.  I didn’t even do anything particularly fun, just watched a bunch of old Dr. Who and went to bed at 2 in the morning.  But when I woke up, I didn’t feel like doing ANYTHING. 

Exercise went out the window today (I didn’t trust myself to NOT get hurt today), but surprisingly, nothing else did.  I even managed my push up challenge AND a decent shift at work.  My mind is changing for sure, maturing.  It’s scary and less than comfortable, but sort of exhilarating at the same time.

M1: Work out is some way at least five days a week without taking two rest days in a row. Fail

Final Thoughts

Arrow-shooting and dental appointment for sure tomorrow.  I miss archery.

- End Comm

• Like 3

I take pictures with my phone and upload to photobucket. Then you can just copy/paste the link when you post something and it shows up. 

Example:

20140417_184502_zpsirgacrxy.jpg

Some random batch cooking food I made. Super easy if you can put it on photobucket.

Is...  Is that... Fried chicken?  ::drools::

::laughs:: I'll have ot get on it with the photo thing.  Honestly, I have taken pictures of ALL of my completed projects, so I'm all up ons for sharing.  Plus, I feel that I should change my profile photo to something a bit more...  real, you know?  The pic I have up is actually the blueprint I used for my first cosplay.  The RL result looked very much NOT like that, but I had SOOOO much fun that year at Calgary Expo.  And it didn't hurt that I got all ten of TNG autograph-wise (and embarrassed myself horribly in front of Data)

• Like 1

Haha.  There goes Teros, showing off his food porn as usual!

I use Facebook, mostly coz I already knew how to put photos up on there.  From there it is easy.  Just click the 'Image' icon at the top of this reply box and paste in the photo URL.

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

What are you crocheting?

I use Evernote to keep my photos ..... or Dropbox.  Lots of options out there. 

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Date: 2014 June 10

Subject able to maintain focus in the face of apathy today.  Admirable.  She forgot to post the last two days, as life got busy, but has kept her mission in mind all the same.  Also admirable.

- End Comm

• Like 2

Date: 2014 June 11

So, yeah…  We missed our son’s Preschool Graduation today…  We planned to show up at his school at 1330, his normal school time, but it seems that the graduation was at 1100 yesterday morning.  Here’s the weird part, though.  I don’t even know how I know what time it was, as it was not printed in any of the school’s newsletters or anything.  We feel horrible about it, of course, but Simeon doesn’t even seem to care.  Just goes to show what a wonderful kid he is!

As for me, today has been a pretty messed up day for me, resulting in a meat binge at the end of the day.  ::laughs:: I saw those bacon-wrapped scallops and I just NEEDED to have the whole box tonight.  But the good news is, I binged on meat and fat rather than carbs tonight, a VERY good sign for my dieting technique.  As for the rest of it, I’m in a good place it seems.

M2: Successfully remain on one diet plan for the next 6 weeks Fail

Final Thoughts

I’m back to work and back to business tomorrow.  Bring it on! ^_^

- End Comm

• Like 4

How are you doing for the last part of Week One? You really knocked down the goals in the first half!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines