On my way to a healthier and stronger me, I'll have to keep it simple in the next couple of weeks. I'll have a lot on my metaphorical plate, both work related as well as private, and as the stress level rises, I will have to be careful not to have too much on my literal plate as well.
In order to stay sane and not revert to bad habits, I'll do the following

• Keep the Sugar Monster in check
  • Keep moving
  • Stay flexible
  • Keep cooking

Goal 1: Keep the Sugar Monster in check

+2 CON +2 WIS

The more stressful life gets, the more obnoxious the Sugar Monsters become. But I will keep them at a distance, at least 50% of the time.

Like the last time, every sugar free* day of this challenge earns me a point, again with a theoretical max (again, ha!) of 42 points. Like the last time I should end up with at least 21 points, which equals an average of 3 - 4 sugar free days every week.

*) "sugar free" == no added sugar, no sweets, candies, cookies, cake, sweetened desserts... Fruit and honey or maple syrup are allowed in reasonable quantities.

Grades:
    21 points or more => A
    18 - 20 points => B
    15 - 17 points => C
    12 - 14 points => D
    anything less => F

Goal 2: Keep moving
+3 STA +1 DEX

When life gets stressful I tend to want to do NOTHING once I get a bit of free time. This is not an option. For the first two weeks I will continue with the current program: exercise 5x / week, probably 2x Swing practice, 2x TGU practice, 1x yoga class.
On June 23rd my beginner's kettlebell class will start, which will change my program a bit: 2x KB class / week (Mon + Wed), 1x yoga class as well as 1x KB practice at home. This will probably be plenty.

Each workout earns me a point, including yoga.
For the first two weeks, I'll aim for 5 points per week. For the last 4 weeks it's going to be 4 points per week, which gives me 26 points total.

Grades:
    26 points or more => A
    22 - 25 points => B
    18 - 21 points => C
    14 - 17 points => D
    anything less => F

Goal 3: Stay flexible
+3 DEX +1 CON

At least once a week take care of one of my problem areas, mostly my lower back, hips, knees or the Whinies and Wussies. This can either be a mobility routine, some stretching, extra yoga,  foam rolling... It doesn't matter, as long as one of those areas gets at least 20 minutes of extra TLC per week.
Each of those earns a point, for a total of at least 6 points over the course of this challenge.

Grades:
    6 points or more => A
    5 points => B
    4 points => C
    3 points => D
    anything less => F

Side goal: Keep cooking
+1 WIS +1 CON +1 CHA

Try at least 3 new (healthy) recipes during this challenge. (Brownies and cookies still don't count.)

Grades:
    3 or more new recipes => A
    2 new recipes => B
    1 new recipes => C
    0 new recipe => F

All right, let's do this - cause...
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM??????!!!

Goal 1: xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx   
21/21

Goal 2:  xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx 
26/26

Goal 3:  xxxxxx
6/6

Side goal: xxx                                                                      
3/3

• Like 2

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Let's go Swampling! Show that Sugar Monster whose boss. :)

Soo does cake or fudge count? ;)

http://detoxinista.com/2012/11/easy-raw-fudge-vegan-paleo/

It does have maple syrup but their not that sweet.

Sent from a magical handheld box

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Let's go Swampling! Show that Sugar Monster whose boss. :)

Soo does cake or fudge count? ;)

http://detoxinista.com/2012/11/easy-raw-fudge-vegan-paleo/

It does have maple syrup but their not that sweet.

Sent from a magical handheld box

:D That's a tough one. It should probably not count, either, although that fudge recipe looks really good!

(In theory I can try as many new cake, cookie, brownie or fudge recipes in the next six weeks as I want. They just won't count for this challenge. ;) )

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I'm here I'm here I'm here!!!!!!   :D   Smart sensible goals my friend, and that is exactly what will help you come through that proverbial full plate like a Rock Star!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:   And I would put some really awesome gif on here but I don't know how on my tablet yet. So, just know I think you're awesome and are going to be the queen of sugar monster slaying! Whooooo hoooooo!!   Time to kick butt!     :cheerful:

Figure it out! :Drapa3uma.jpg

• Like 3

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Here's an awesome recipe I'm craving and plannig to make soon! 

http://paleomg.com/almost-5-ingredient-pizza-spaghetti-pie/

Soooo good! 

Awesome goals, kick some butt! 

• Like 1

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by!

:cheerful::love_heart::cheerful:

I'm proud to report that I started this challenge strong!

Day 1:

Although I did not start quite sugar monster free, dessert today was a homemade rhubarb compote, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. And I made it because I didn't want to let the rhubarb in our garden go to waste. Aside from some honey and maple syrup I also put in some homemade vanilla sugar, so although it wasn't overly sweet, it still contained more sugar than I usually have nowadays...

For swing practice I tried the 40 second interval today. Getting harder, definitely a workout, but still doable. :encouragement:

AND I did my first pose for this round of the BeerYoga PvP: "Drinking pigeon falling flat on its face".

Now I have to get the batch cooking pics from this weekend sorted out so I can put them up in the Brigade thread... :)

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Aaaand stalking :D

Good to hear you had a successful first day, and the rhubarb compote sounds tasty. It's things like this that make me wish I had the garden space to grow things in (and, you know, the abilities to keep things that aren't cacti alive...).

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Whooooo hoooooo!!! Congrats for starting strong my friend! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Ooooooh, that compote does sound yummy. But, correct it definitely could have been MUCH worse. I swear though, between your compote and Alex's pumpkin empanadas I am starved!!! :P

Love the drinking pigeon pose! And, your right, something a little stronger might just loosen you right up. Then it truly would be 'falling flat on its face', lol.  :D

Have an equally awesome Tuesday my friend!  :cheerful:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Those sugar monsters are everywhere.  Rhubarb is a favorite of mine, unfortunately not my wife's or else I would have some rhubarb planted.  It does tend to need a fair bit of sugar to balance that tart though.

Congrats on a great start to this challenge.

Level 2 Hawk Assassin

Str: 2, Dex: 1, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 4, Cha: 1

Challenges: Getting Going, 1, 2(Failed), 2.1(failed), 2.2(current)

Accountability:  The Dai-Gurren Brigade

Current Challenge Goal Progress:  Food Log(7/36), Exercise(5/24), Sleep Log(6/36), Meal Plan(1/21)

Battle Log

Fitocracy  MyFitnessPal  RunKeeper

“Believe the incredible and you can do the impossible†- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Cor 6:19-20

I second the PVP thing!  I looked at it and it's something I'd like to try, but when I checked the spreadsheet, it didn't make any sense.  You might have to PM me and explain it! lol

Aaaand stalking :D

Good to hear you had a successful first day, and the rhubarb compote sounds tasty. It's things like this that make me wish I had the garden space to grow things in (and, you know, the abilities to keep things that aren't cacti alive...).

Even Cacti and I have never been friends... :D

The rhubarb came with the house, so to speak. The plants are ancient, and by all rights they should be dead by now. But so far they choose to come back every year. It's a good thing the FC doesn't like it, so it's ALL MINE! Muhahahah! :devilish:

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Whooooo hoooooo!!! Congrats for starting strong my friend! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Ooooooh, that compote does sound yummy. But, correct it definitely could have been MUCH worse. I swear though, between your compote and Alex's pumpkin empanadas I am starved!!! :tongue:

Love the drinking pigeon pose! And, your right, something a little stronger might just loosen you right up. Then it truly would be 'falling flat on its face', lol.   :D

Have an equally awesome Tuesday my friend!   :cheerful:

Thank you, my friend! :)

Pumpkin empanadas?! Did you bring any? *drools*

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines