CrazyMags seeks balance in all aspects of her journey....

CrazyMags

Hello good Druids, I hope that I can join your gathering for this challenge, and maybe more?

Though I have been a druid in my past "World of Warcraft" life, I was the type of druid that many of my race looked at with disdain... as they felt "feral" druids were a disgrace to the class, when healing was the path to prosperity.

I join you now, actually, in a very similar situation...As a ranger, I challenged myself to master my fitness through cross fit and outdoor adventures...

I find now that I have a workout routine that will work for me, that I must achieve a balance between my love of fitness and my love of...food.

My challenge this time, is almost all food related, with a side helping of self-esteem boosts. (see, even my goals sound like a meal!)

I must achieve an inner balance, and it will be a difficult one... Food has an amazingly strong hold on me. It is a reward, a punishment, something to keep me awake, or to indulge on vacation. Food has always been a comfort, a reminder of all of the social gatherings that revolve around it... and diets? they have been something that I just seem to be unable to just suck it up and "do"...

I was successful early on with ending my addiction to sugar, but I had a lot of support, and I'm going to need that support again... Will you support this feral druid and help her find balance?

Goal 1: A well balanced meal.

Weeks 1-2 will be dedicated to logging my food every day...all of it...which is a challenge in itself.

Weeks 3-4 will be dedicated to altering my breakfast and lunch towards a diet (as suggested by my nutritionist) that minimizes carbs and fats, and embraces the vitamins and minerals our good earth provides.

Weeks 5-6 will be the culmination of this effort, bringing in a balanced dinner.

I am ramping up the effort for many reasons, but mostly because jumping into all of this will be very hard for me, and I want to set myself up for success as best I can. The other reason, is that as a teacher, school ends in a week and a half, which means that I will then have more time to dedicate to my diet.

Challenges other than just the restrictions on food: I am meeting up with BopGun during this time, and am afraid my diet will look abnormal on my food logs from the travel food choices I may have to make... This could alter my schedule by a week, if this is the case, this is my backup schedule: Week 1-3 logging, 4 breakfast, 5 breakfast and lunch, 6 breakfast lunch and dinner.

Goal 2: Achieving a balance of mind and self-worth

Balance out the self doubt with self love.

Keep up with my workouts 3-5 days a week.

Lets face it, I'm going to feel miserable giving up so much that I have loved my whole life....so my goal is to feel sexy and beautiful by embracing my successes and minimizing my attention to the failures of the past. This means, I will come to my challenge with my concerns, but for every negative, I must also have a positive in my post...a light, to every darkness... good for every evil...etc. etc. etc.

One thing that always makes me feel awesome? CrossFit, and working out with my Coach...therefore I need to stick with that and not let the difficulty of this challenge take away from the activities that I love. (Also take note: workout days may have added carbs to my diet to give me the energy I need to keep going...but not significantly large amounts of course!)

Goal 3: Achieve a balance between what I want, and what is realistic.

I'm not perfect. I am striving for 5 of 7 days each week of keeping up with my main diet goal. That means that I can still hang out with my friends and eat a slice of pizza and not feel that I have failed myself.

I will add my official diet plan as I figure log my food and analyze what I am doing right/wrong in my daily meal routines. I would appreciate any feedback from those who have done something similar!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you've made it this far through my ramblings, then please stick around and give me the support to keep me going! We all must achieve balance in our lives, and for me, your encouragement and love gives me the strength to balance out the difficulty of this challenge. I need it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Will you help support this feral druid? She's a bit spunky, but she comes in handy now and then... ;)

111969.jpg

Myfitnesspal link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/SaraMagee

Follow me!

• Like 2

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Haha I think I was a monk in Diablo...but you got it my friend! Food is such a tricky mind game for me... It holds so much power over my life... This will be hard...

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Haha I think I was a monk in Diablo...but you got it my friend! Food is such a tricky mind game for me... It holds so much power over my life... This will be hard...

Yeah, food has to be my crutch, too. I can't tell whether enough is enough. I've gotten a nice baseline down (~1,600 Cal/day) of clean food, so I'm thinking if I add something small to each meal, I can boost it by ~1,000 Cal/day and see if that gives me more energy or not.

Why does the amount of food have to dictate how we perform? X_x

I am an impulse eater... I have cravings...and I only want what I crave until I have it... And no... I'm not pregnant.... Lol

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Thankfully I'm over my sugar addiction!!!!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

A+ for kicking the sugar addiction to the curb! That's a huge win all in itself

Thanks! I doesn't mean I never consume any sugar, but at least I can recognize it and counter the craving...except usually I then snack on jerky...but maybe I won't be able to if I'm counting fats too... Ahhhh! :-P

I also don't know... If I'm doing Crossfit and workouts, whether my alterations will be enough food to give me energy... I guess time will tell...

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Finding that balance between desire and reality is a tricky one indeed. Good luck Mags! Maybe some yoga will help the balance? :P

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Finding that balance between desire and reality is a tricky one indeed. Good luck Mags! Maybe some yoga will help the balance? :P

I wish I could do yoga! I'm so flexible I break things :-( stretching is actually not good for me at all... Turns me into one of these:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Hahaha I like the cat face better than that ugly guy cartoon face!

Day one, and I dreamt about pears....not even the good, fresh, pears... The sugary canned ones....ew.

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

balance 

rocks_on_balance_0.jpg

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Welcome, Mags and I wish you a great challenge.  You've got a lot of great people here who are cheering you on.  You've got this.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

balance

Posted Image

Ooo I like Jenn! Thanks for reminding me that sometimes, balance requires different amounts of different things...

Welcome, Mags and I wish you a great challenge. You've got a lot of great people here who are cheering you on. You've got this.

Thank you Jitters! I'm happy to be here!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Updated my challenge thread with my "myfitnesspal" profile...

Weighed in this morning after my workout at 221.8....that is at least a 7 year low!!!! I'm sure once I drink some water and eat breakfast it'll go back up... But I'm still happy!

A bit of background, I'm not in good enough physical shape to finish Murph in one day, so I've spread it out into several workouts... (This will also be shared in the murph topic in cross training section of the forums)

Monday 6/9

Murph day 3

400m

10 ring row

20 incline push-ups

30 squats

[5rr

10ipu

15sq]x3

400m

Time 20:24

Left to do:

20 rr

40pu

60sq

Total time: 48:32+20:24=1:08:56

I'm disappointed because if I hadn't hurt my back last week, I was planning on finishing my murph a day early... But alas...I couldn't...legs and back kept cramping in odd places and didn't want to do more damage... Funny that "taking it easy" today gave me a better time.... Lol

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

ghosty... I think until my migraine is gone I gotta avoid threads you post on... this is the second time man... you are horrible :P

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

:-P

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

Spoiler

Day one food log, a typical day, minus the pizza...don't normally have pizza... Will have some tomorrow too...

Dinner:

Posted Image

Trying to figure out best way to show the data...

I would love feedback!

Can someone tell me if this is big enough to read?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If not, I can attach a link to the view: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary/SaraMagee?from=2014-06-09&to=2014-06-09

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

**tackle hugs CrazyMags out of her socks**

MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I found you!!!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

My socks! Posted Image

;) join me in the balancing fun MitchDee!

I've always had terrible balance!

Workout this morning before I forget!

Posted Image

I did regular single unders and 18lb Kettlebell for the Deadlifts... And a sit-up mat instead of GHD because back. :-P (I'm Sara, for those of you that don't know! :-P

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I don't get it... Yes unhealthy... Leftover pizza is gone though... I should be eating MORE? Just less fats and carbs I'm guessing?

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines