Amazon Training Ground: DeepGreenEden's Battle Log

New challenge tomorrow, third time's the charm. After struggling with my first two, which I've written off as "training levels", I'm ready to tackle this next one. Yeah!!1

About me (btw I'm a lady, if that is not obvious)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 167 lbs
BMI: 25.4

Waist: 38"
Neck: 15"
Hips: 43"
Thigh: 24"

Wooo  :cower:

My goals

• A healthy weight
  • Strong core
  • Lose a lot of flab
  • Gain energy and stamina through exercise
  • Reduce stress and anxiety through meditation and not emotional eating :P
  • Like 1

Going to be watching you rock this. Two challenges as training runs is actually pretty good. I only feel like I'm hitting my stride in #8. Took a year to get the base habits established and really figure out what I wanted to do and how to do it!

This is going to be awesome!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Heehee, thank you! That's actually reassuring. They were calling Level 1 the training course, and I had expected by challenge 2 I'd get the hang of it. Nothing to do but empty my mind of expectations and just see how 2.1 goes. A few weeks ago I thought, "man, after I've been at it for a year and reach level 8, I'll be as fierce as ShadowLion!"

• Like 1

Heehee, thank you! That's actually reassuring. They were calling Level 1 the training course, and I had expected by challenge 2 I'd get the hang of it. Nothing to do but empty my mind of expectations and just see how 2.1 goes. A few weeks ago I thought, "man, after I've been at it for a year and reach level 8, I'll be as fierce as ShadowLion!"

It's way more complex than that. It takes a challenge or two just to learn the system. Then you have to break down your bad habits...to build good new ones. That differs for people.

My first real turning point came after the first of this year for me, when I got into CrossFit and discovered that I really could get past my old injury. That planted the seed of actually contemplating that I might, just maybe, really be able to fight fires again. The oddness that happened at the start of the no soda challenge kicked off the second turning point of actually getting to the belief that I could do it and then building up my courage to actually take the leap and go for it.

You may already know that or have that, and I suspect that would speed things up a lot. If not, you will find it. You took some big steps towards it this evening.

You may well be fiercer, oh, Amazon Warrior Pirate Queen!

Now let's go kick this challenge's ass!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Like they say it's not how many times you get knocked but how many times you get back up. You got this. 

So true. Thanks!

It's way more complex than that. It takes a challenge or two just to learn the system. Then you have to break down your bad habits...to build good new ones. That differs for people.

My first real turning point came after the first of this year for me, when I got into CrossFit and discovered that I really could get past my old injury. That planted the seed of actually contemplating that I might, just maybe, really be able to fight fires again. The oddness that happened at the start of the no soda challenge kicked off the second turning point of actually getting to the belief that I could do it and then building up my courage to actually take the leap and go for it.

You may already know that or have that, and I suspect that would speed things up a lot. If not, you will find it. You took some big steps towards it this evening.

You may well be fiercer, oh, Amazon Warrior Pirate Queen!

Now let's go kick this challenge's ass!

It really is, and habit breaking is way harder than I thought it would be. That's excellent how you found the things to motivate you and build your courage. That's what I'm looking for. I'm so tired of looking at the way things are and feeling bad about them; I want to change something or see a task through to completion. Once I accomplish a goal, then I should have the confidence to tackle new ones, right? And I'm not talking about weekly goals of "do the laundry and make sure I have dinner to take to work every day."

So yeah!!

• Like 1

Today I hiked around the yard and woods for half an hour. There's a great big hill that starts a clear path up into the woods behind my house. Forgot sunscreen, allergy meds, older shoes so my new running shoes wouldn't get muddy, and to stretch. Woooow.

Even though it was cloudy and not very hot at all, I got pretty sweaty and battled a headache all afternoon! I thought food would take care of it but no. It's just now going away thanks to some Aleve I took about an hour ago.

Also felt kind of weak from not eating so much, whoops. A Chobani yogurt for breakfast, a few bites of the roast I made yesterday, and an Amy's black bean burrito before I left for work at 3:30. Nice homemade tuna salad sandwich with spinach and tomato as part of dinner.

Day 1, kind of hectic. @_@

Monday must have wiped me out, I slept really good. First time in 4 days. I also turned on the Deep Relax app before bed and tried to meditate for 2 minutes. My mind wandered a bit, the ocean sound I set on the app made me remember my trip to Mexico last summer. At any rate, it was relaxing.

Earlier this evening I looked at job listings, but read more articles about job hunting. Which I shouldn't do, as it depresses me horribly. Remembering my ultimate backup plan of "work here at lousy job until I've paid off debt, draw and write in spare time, quit and launch comic." Oh god that's bleak. Billionaire spouse, where are you already.

Hey, that made my day! :D You got the reference of everything! 

And hey, keep up the awesome work! Don't get discouraged with your job hunting! We're all rooting for you! 

Let me tell you about Serkets. :D And thanks~ I got an application in the mail from a tiny newspaper I sent my resume to last week, so that's something!