AshPS and P90X

AshPS

Welp, time to get this going! :D

This will probably not be as detailed as I would like so I'll probably spruce it up more later. What's important is getting it up and getting myself accountable. ;)

Now, for those who may not know me, I am Ash and this is challenge #7 for me.

For the last 5 or so challenges I have focused on what I love and do best, weight training. I came to the realization that I was keeping myself in a comfort zone, but also getting burnt out. I was limiting myself because I was afraid of failing at things I'm not good at. Now that might not be a big deal if you have only yourself to fail in front of but a WHOLE other ballpark when you are making yourself accountable in front of others.

But, witnessing some very awesome friends of mine here facing their fears and doing things that were uncomfortable inspired me. And I do not believe that there is a better place on the internet to do that. I love this place and the never ending support I have received here.

Now on to the goals.....

My true Life Goal is to be the strongest and healthiest me possible. And each challenge so far has gotten me one step closer to that goal. There have been a few hiccups along the way, but I can honestly say that I am in better shape now than I have been in a long time. But the journey is not over. And I do not intend for it to ever be. I have learned since coming here that life should always be about challenging myself and improving in some way.

And I am the mom of 6 kiddos who I sincerely hope to encourage to do the same with their lives. That and the fact that they need a healthy strong mom are my motivation.

So,

GOAL 1: I am taking on P90X. And yes, that is a big deal to me, lol. The program has always intimidated me. One, it includes things I'm not good at (cough...yoga and pushups) :tongue:
And two, my workouts have to be done in the mornings before kiddos are up. P90X workouts are going to be challenging to get myself out of bed to do. So, my goal will be to get in all 6 workouts each week with a break on Sunday. That will be a complete rest day or the P90X stretch. Either of which will include my weekly belly dance lessons. Just because. ;)

GOAL 2: Nutrition and Hydration

I want to aim to keep my diet clean 6 days a week. Sundays I plan to allow a treat or treat meal.

And with summer coming on I want to make sure I am staying hydrated with a goal of no less than 64oz of water a day. I am forever needing to work on this one as I could live on pot of coffee everday and nothing else. :rolleyes:

GOAL 3: Snack Monsters

I developed a bad habit last challenge of snacking over eating actual meals. It's a long standing bad habit that I had gotten under control and let slip. I get busy and instead of stopping to eat something I grab the easiest thing to find. And I wanted to say that because I was still 'technically' eating healthy it was ok. But, it is a bad habit. Not only because sometimes I knew I wasn't eating enough, but also because I find I was eating when I wasn't hungry. Stressed? Grab a handful of nuts. Bored (as if, lol :D ) Grab some cheese.
So, my goal is to eat when I am hungry and make a meal. Eat with purpose. (Meals can be a protein shake, for the record.)

Alrighty, since I am typing two fingered on my tablet I am going to call this good for now and get this posted. I will add grades in the next couple of days.

LET'S ROCK!!!!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Sent from Me by Me

• Like 5

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Finally!

Lol.  :P

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Awesome!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thank you Darwin!  :)

Can I come find you now?  ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Thank you Darwin! :)

Can I come find you now? ;)

I'm up in the warriors guild as usual.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Found you!

I will be looking at you as always my friend!

And I agree with you, there are no better place on the internet than here!

Awww, thank you Clarys! So glad to have you along on this new challenge!  :)

Definitely!  ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I'm up in the warriors guild as usual.

I'm there!  :D

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Yay Ash! Following!1 :D

Yay Tea!!! Lol. :D

Glad you're here, now I need to go find you.  ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Sub'd, of course.  Could you kindly update your siggy at some point for easier navigation for us geezers?  Lovin's!

Kill it!

PS - Is there a new brigade thread I can crash too?  And my thread is in my siggy...

Whooooo hoooooo!!!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant::cheerful: (that is a hug emo by the way)

Oops, sorry about that. lol I promise to take care of that right away. 

(Geezer....lol.....as if.  :P )

Yep, indeed! It's here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49122-the-dai-gurren-brigade/#entry1063128

On my way!!!!!!  :D

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Goooood morning, Ash! :cheerful:

I know I'm late, but today is a national holiday, so my schedule is a bit out of whack.

You'll kill today's Chest & Back (I mean you'll kill the WORKOUT. Not YOUR chest & back. Although... maybe a bit of both?)!

Have a super Day 1, my friend! :cheerful: :cheerful: :cheerful:

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Whooooo hoooooo!!!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant::cheerful: (that is a hug emo by the way)

Oops, sorry about that. lol I promise to take care of that right away. 

(Geezer....lol.....as if.   :tongue: )

Yep, indeed! It's here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49122-the-dai-gurren-brigade/#entry1063128

On my way!!!!!!   :D

thank you ma'am, much easier ;)  have a great day!

• Like 1

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

Goooood morning, Ash! :cheerful:

I know I'm late, but today is a national holiday, so my schedule is a bit out of whack.

You'll kill today's Chest & Back (I mean you'll kill the WORKOUT. Not YOUR chest & back. Although... maybe a bit of both?)!

Have a super Day 1, my friend! :cheerful: :cheerful:

GOOOOD AFTERNOON my friend!  :D

I would say it was more me getting the killing, lol. :nightmare:  Holy moly, my arms feel like lead!

But it's done! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Thank you, and I hope your holiday was a nice one.  :D

:cheerful::love_heart:

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Found you!

Sub'd and following along. :)

Yay!!  :cheerful:

Now I need to make sure I'm following yours.   ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

thank you ma'am, much easier ;)  have a great day!

Very welcome, and to you as well!!  :)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Alrighty!

Day 1: P90X Chest and Back

DONE!! :triumphant:

Oh golly, but that was hard.  :nevreness:

So, I think the easiest way to concise this down will be to just list a total of what I did for the whole hour.

Here goes:

Pushups: 196 total

This is various kinds (military, diamond, wide, declines and standard). These are done in bouts of 10-25 between other sets.

And I will say that number may drop a bit in the future as I work on my depth. But all are on my toes, so Whooooo hoooooo!  :D

My goal will be to hang on to that number as much as possible while getting in more depth.

Pull downs: 135 total

I am having to do these with a band as I don't have a setup for pull ups yet. I am using a red band that I think is supposed to be equivalent to 30 lbs. And same as the pushups, these are sets of 20-30.

Weight bearing:

2 sets of Heavy Pants 15 lbs (20, 17)

2 sets of Lawnmowers 15 lbs (20, 17)

2 sets of Back Flyes 10 lbs (20, 20)

I will probably raise the weights next week as I prefer to go heavier with less reps.

And I am not incorporating Ab Ripper X until next week. Want to get adjusted to these hour workouts first.  :nevreness:

There you have it! 

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day one, and I will be hunting more of you down later!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Thank you my friend!   :)

And that's exactly why this program intimidated me.  :nevreness:

Lol, yeah, odd names. But the movements are pretty much how it sounds. Heavy pants is a movement similar to pulling your pants up and down, except you remain bent over. Lawnmowers are done in a lunge type position and you move your arm as if you were starting a lawnmower. And back Flyes are a seated movement where you are bent over and raising the weights on each side while pinching your shoulder blades together. I would provide links but that would take longer than it was worth.   :tongue:

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Lol, tag your it!   :tongue:

Thank you my friend, and there will definitely be ass kicking involved. Most likely mine.   :D

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines