• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

0c64fa8c78b0b71a324ac8f14860cd54.jpg

That's right. The game, my friends, is on!

We've finally got a case again! The last several weeks have been so quiet... peaceful... Wasn't it just hateful?

Fitness Goals

Goal 1- "I Said FOCUS!"

tumblr_m3zql7IsGj1qchnp8o2_250.gif

All fitness goals this challenge are smaller since they are being added on top of my current work out routines. So, on we go! My mind is generally going multiple directions at once. Last challenge I found that practicing handstands has a fantastic effect on the chatter in my brain because I have to completely focus on doing them. I also just discovered that I can do bridges/wheel pose. These have the same effect. SO... Goal 1- Practice handstands and bridges at least 32 days out of the 42 day challenge. If I do more, great. This goal is all about building strength and focus mentally and physically. STR- 3

Goal 2- Legwork... 

tumblr_inline_mpgc5etuVQ1qz4rgp.png

We all know how much Mycroft hates legwork... So this challenge, I have to do it for him. Goal 2- Walk at least 32 days out of the 42 day challenge. It has to be over 1.5 miles to count as a walk. I'll be keeping track of my distances to see how long my total distance is at the end. (No real reason, just for giggles.) The actual reason behind this is to give my body gentle exercise between my rounds of lifting and to give myself a little more mental clarity. STA- 2

Goal 3- Always the Addict

tumblr_ltbmrmzs6C1qjkmbno2_250.gif

You can't have a Sherlock without having some kind of addiction... And that I have. To hooping. It's been a secret passion for years. Thanks to some of the people in this lovely guild, I'm finally going to be letting it out in the open more. It's time to UP THE STAKES. Goal 3- I have to learn and perfect at LEAST 6 new moves. A move a week should be doable. Ecstatic? Manic? I am. (Do I actually dream about hooping? At least one night a week!) Links with the moves that I will be learning will be coming in the next post. There will also possibly be videos of yours truly appearing here and there! DEX- 3

Life Goals

Life Goal 1- "The Police Don't Consult Amateurs."

tumblr_llhioaw6IK1qhl6oao1_500.gif

We all know that the professionals only go to the best. My skills need polishing! It's time to leave the amateur title behind! Life Goal 1- Write or practice some aspect of it for at least 84 hours throughout the challenge. I am already trying to work 2 hours of daily writing into my life, so this one shouldn't be too hard to stick to. On top of that, I have to write for two of my internships, so I spend time doing that for them already. WIS- 4

Life Goal 2- Urban Camouflage!

tumblr_mjt7d9mHAf1rvaggno1_500.gif

I am moving from an agricultural science career into an urban environment. I must have camouflage to blend in with the natives...  This goal is different and something I've never tried before. However, I KNOW it's going to have hilarious results. The field I was previously working in required me to spend all day in greenhouses or outside and involved at least 8 hours of manual labor per shift. I'm not in that particular field anymore but now I'm facing the fact that the one I'm entering actually requires me to look... *gasp* put together. (Meaning I can't go to work in men's work jeans, steel-toed boots and ancient t-shirts.) My hair can't be shoved up under a hat. I will actually be judged by how I present myself. Soooo... Life goal 2- Learn at least 6 new hair and makeup styles in 6 weeks. At the end of the challenge I should, ideally, have 6 new hairstyles and 6 new makeup styles that I can do with some level of... non-panic. (Non-panic may take longer to develop. However, having some vague idea of what I'm doing would help.) CHA- 3

Those of you that followed my last challenge, I've got a new battle this round. ;) I'll be telling you more about it soon. However, this whole challenge was crafted to help! There will be more info coming your way soon!

Here's my spread sheet/sock index for this challenge!

The game, my lovelies, is on! 

• Like 3

Urban camouflage! Will you tell us about this experiment? Because I could certainly use some pointers there. Apparently it's not acceptable to show up everywhere in workout cloths.. pfssh. 

Plus I like handstands! 

• Like 1

Okay, I might have literally squealed when I saw your challenge theme. This is brilliant! And you've thought everything through and set up your goals superbly, once again. Looking forward to following along as you kick ass on another challenge! :)  

• Like 1

I love this challenge! Perfect for you. I love how you worked Sherlock into it

Thanks, lady! I hope it will work out well! Hahaha, thank you again! Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorite fictional characters ever. If left to my own designs, I can work him into just about anything. ;) 

Yesyesyesssssssssssss. I'm loving this! And our hooping goals are kinda similar, so double-yay :D

Bahahahaha! Yay! I'm glad! And definitely yay! I can't wait to get some new tricks under my belt! I may be making a set of minis later in the challenge. 

Urban camouflage! Will you tell us about this experiment? Because I could certainly use some pointers there. Apparently it's not acceptable to show up everywhere in workout cloths.. pfssh. 

Plus I like handstands! 

​Oh, you will definitely hear about the camouflage experiment! It is going to be hilarious without a doubt, although you may want to think twice about taking pointers from me. Psh, workout clothes are acceptable all the time. I don't know what the world is coming to when people are no longer allowed to show up in workout clothes! It's an outrage! ;) (Honestly, if I could live my entire life in workout clothes, I would...) Yay, handstands! They're way too much fun!

Sherlock! And hooping! And hairstyles! I love it! :D

Hahahaha! Thank you, lady! It should definitely be entertaining! ;)

Brilliant!  The game is indeed on!

It is! We won't be bored for a while! :D

Okay, I might have literally squealed when I saw your challenge theme. This is brilliant! And you've thought everything through and set up your goals superbly, once again. Looking forward to following along as you kick ass on another challenge! :)

Bahahahahaha! I feel my work is well done, then! Thank you! I did try. I had a little too much fun thinking about stuff for this challenge. xD Thank you! We'll see how things go! At the very least, there will be highly entertaining stories.

Alright Lets do this! I'm on board and following the awesome!

Welcome! :D Thanks for following along! I can guarantee it will at least be entertaining! 

.....sock index?

Ehehehehehehe! Yus! :3 

Okay, there is an update coming tomorrow. However, I have only recently returned from dinner and a "Geeks Who Drink" night. I am exhausted. Sleep first. Updates over coffee in the morning. Yes, this is a good plan. My bed, she calls me!

• Like 1

Activate Stalking.  :ph34r:

>.> Was it you that I heard a little while ago? I didn't think there were many hiding places around here. ;) 

Hey lady! Lovely to see you back <3 Can't wait to work on the hoop bug with ya!

Hi, dearie! ^_^ I'm back for sure! I'm so excited for this challenge. It's been exhausting so far, so this one is going to very challenging. LET'S GET HOOPING! OH! ALSO, I have almost figured out the single handed pizza toss. My muscle memory is causing me the most issues. 

So late on updates... This week has been crazy. I am SO TIRED. But here we go!

tumblr_inline_mv51stggl61qjwes8.gif

Fitness Goals

"I said FOCUS!"- 

So far I've been able to keep up with this goal quite well! I've practiced bridges and handstands 6/7 days this week so far. They really have been helping me focus and I've had the added bonus of keeping my back really stretched out. After pulling a muscle last challenge, I've had twinges on a regular basis, but that's not happened the last 6 days. I'm going to keep this up for sure!

Legwork...-

The legwork has been a little neglected this week. I've been physically exhausted and getting a lot of exercise as it is. However, I've walked a total of 8.8 miles this week so far. I'll be getting out for another walk tomorrow, hopefully. This particular challenge has been neglected because I am... 

Always the addict- 

Am I addicted? Ohhh, yes. Have I been having fun with this part? Ohhh, yes. Is this partly why the legwork goal has been neglected? Ohhh, yes. Do I care? Not in the least because HOOPING. I picked 4 moves to work on this week: single-handed pizza tosses, vertical arm wraps, pizza toss warps, and single leg balance hooping. As of my practice yesterday, I nearly have the first two down. Single-handed pizza tosses are just similar enough to the end of a vortex that I've been battling muscle memory. But I'm nearly there! :D The vertical arm wraps just need to be smoothed out a bit and they'll be good! The other two are a little more demanding so they're going to take more work. Has my hooping addiction exploded again with full force? 

tumblr_inline_n0pkwdUnAP1rvpdg2.gif

YES.

Life Goals

"The police don't consult amateurs."-

This goal has been going quite well so far thanks to my internships. I've been working on them a lot. Some of said work is getting super frustrating at this point. One of them is turning into a bit of a nightmare. I'm hoping that everything will calm down a little bit in the next couple weeks. My summer classes start next week. >.> Not looking forward to the pressures from that combined with this particular internship. However, two of the others have turned out to be a lot of fun! I'm at 16 hours of writing this week so far. I have more to do tomorrow. On a side note, people that write professionally should learn to use punctuation properly... Seriously. 

tumblr_m8zhubvWzR1qj6l65.gif

If I see one more comma splice... 

Urban Camouflage- 

So this part of the challenge has been interesting so far. I'm not at all experienced in this realm. I'm picking easy things to start with and will be building slowly over the challenge. I started with a hair-do that's easy to do and similar to things that I CAN actually do. WHOO! The hair attempts are going well. The makeup challenge however... is going more like this. 

tumblr_m434vbK0F01qdvgdco2_r2_500.gif

There was a time I was able to do this without flinching. The last several days, I get twitchy any time I get stuff near my eyes. My body does not approve of what is going on, apparently. It'll take some more practice. I've not put my eye out yet, so that's good! My skin is starting to adjust to having stuff on it on a regular basis as well. I have ONE MORE DAY to get this figured out... Hopefully I will have evidence of some kind of success tomorrow! More details soon. 

There's a rough update for you for the week. I have more work to do for these internships... and I really want to work on some of my own writing. For those following along for the hooping and urban camouflage- I'll have more for you tomorrow! :D 

Hang in there, lovelies! Week one is nearly done! 

• Like 1

>.> Was it you that I heard a little while ago? I didn't think there were many hiding places around here. ;) 

sand-ninjas.jpg

• Like 2

I'm at 16 hours of writing this week so far. I have more to do tomorrow.

Seriously?  16 hours of writing is definitely far from amateur in my book...  Keep it up Stooshie!

• Like 1

Ah I love your theme! and your goals! Especially the Urban Camouflage! Always tough trying to learn new things that involve sticking things in your eye!

Good luck!

• Like 1

You rocked the first week, as I knew you would! You make hooping sound like so much fun, I almost want to try...and then I remember that most days I'm barely coordinated enough to walk on flat surfaces. :)

• Like 1

Yay! Great progress so far. Keep it up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you, lady! I'm doing what I can! :D

sand-ninjas.jpg

Hahahahahaha! That explains a lot... And honestly, around here, being a sand ninja is a better idea anyways! There aren't many places to hide. 

Theme buddies! <3

YAY! I'm following you! :) I'm excited to see what you do with your challenge!

Seriously?  16 hours of writing is definitely far from amateur in my book...  Keep it up Stooshie!

Hahaha! Yeah, but all the internships that I have are writing centric. xD So it's not hard to get the time in! Thank you! I should be doing more, but it's been hard to concentrate lately. 

Ah I love your theme! and your goals! Especially the Urban Camouflage! Always tough trying to learn new things that involve sticking things in your eye!

Good luck!

Thank you! :D Hahahaha! Yeah, it's been the hardest thing for me to keep up with lately. We'll see how it goes!

Love the update :) woot for addictions! \o/

Thank you! ^_^ Addictions make everything fun!

• Like 1

You rocked the first week, as I knew you would! You make hooping sound like so much fun, I almost want to try...and then I remember that most days I'm barely coordinated enough to walk on flat surfaces. :)

Thank you, lady! It's such a blast! You should try it for sure! I was never a very coordinated person either, but somehow I can make hooping work. It's even improving my coordination! 

Keep up the good work!!!

Thank you! :D I'm going to be trying!

tumblr_m4omgjGd0r1qewsw4o1_500.gif

Oh boy... Yes, my weekly recap is late. Also, my update for this week is late. SO MUCH GOING ON. I have been housesitting somewhere with a somewhat intermittent internet connection. The dog that I am taking care of also requires a lot of attention, so the time that hasn't been spent on keeping up with my internships has been spent on the dog. I AM SO TIRED. Recap of last week and a weekly update right now! I should be getting back to my own house soon, so updates should be more regular after that. 

Fitness

"I said FOCUS!"- 

11/32 Handstand and bridge practice so far. These are helping me focus, but it's hard to do them in this house at the moment because the dog feels that she has help. I can't practice them without keeping her out of the room. If I do that she sits at the door and whimpers, which doesn't help the focusing aspect of this particular goal. I'm doing what I can, though! 

Legwork...- 

I haven't gotten as many walks in as I would have liked by now. However, it will be easy for me to catch up. I'm at 7/32 so far, although several of those have been runs. This particular dog is insanely energetic. I've been taking her on runs with me to wear her out. It's been making her easier to handle, however it's been exhausting me and making me insanely sore. 

Always the Addict-

Hooping goals have been put on hold as I don't have anywhere to practice at this particular house. Considering I have a really good start on 4 new moves, I'd say I'm okay for the time being. There will be hooping videos coming by the end of the challenge, though! So hang in there!

Life Goals

"The Police Don't Consult Amateurs."-

I am currently at 26.5 hours of writing for the challenge. I have a lot more to do tomorrow, so that will probably end up somewhere around 30 by the end of this week. I do need to get some more time in if I want to reach my goal by the end of the challenge. But I don't think that will be an issue at all for me. 

Urban Camouflage!-

This particular goal is also on hold till I get home. I didn't feel like taking all the necessary supplies all the way across town with me, so you can put this one down to Sherlock's laziness in this case. I'll get back on it when I have to... I'll make up the lost time, I promise!

At the moment, I hurt everywhere. I've hit several new PRs this week and EVERYTHING is sore. The PRs are on top of the added runs, so I'm very, very tired and sore. xD I haven't been this physically fatigued for a long time. I think I may be taking a rest day tomorrow as well as catching up with all of your threads... But at the moment... 

sleep.gif

• Like 3