• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Solstice

Solstice: Earth and Sky

so after my first challenge done im going into the assassin's guild! 

most of my Goals will be physical for the time being until other things in my life get under way. here they are

Goals- 1: be able to hold a 1 min 30 sec plank

2: improve step vault

3: begin Kong Vault progressions ( hopefully get good at it)

4: be able to do 4 wide grip pull ups

5: do at least 7 mins of stretching after every workout

• Like 2

Checkout Start Bodyweight when you get a chance, specifically his exercise progressions.  You may like some of the more advanced plank options better than a super long plank (though there's nothing wrong with that either :playful: ).

And be sure to record your starting point on each exercise so you can track your progress.

• Like 1

6/9/14

planks (30 sec rest between sets)- 1 min 7 sec, 38 sec, 30 sec

side planks- R 35sec  L: 35sec

incline push ups- 25,18

decline push ups- 11, 7

diamond push ups- 8,5

dips on bench- 22,13

tricep extensions bw-11,11

squats- 20

step ups- 10

pull ups wide grip-2,2

negative pull ups-6

bw rows elevated- 13,10

stretching -10 mins

not a bad first day. this was also me trying out a new workout. i like it so ill add more sets next time.

• Like 1

****This is a semi-automated message from your future ex-Robot guild leader.****

Hello and welcome to the assassin guild! I am Nuala and I'm one of your guild leader (at least for a few more days :P). First of all, I want to thank you for having chosen our guild as your first one, it makes us really happy and proud. I really hope you will enjoy being with us and that you will find here all the support you need. 

First of all

Make sure you fill up this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RQQo2CtP9V1z8hBdntD8iTpnt4zhe5jAESzhrm4Rs1w/viewform

It will make our work easier, allow us to add you to the assassin phonebook and will make you eligible for the Most wanted assassin of the week list.

Edit your thread title so that it contains your user name! It will make your guild leaders works easier and will also make your thread a bit more cellphone friendly. To add your name, edit your OP using the Full editor.

What you need to know.

Whatever you do, remember that your challenge is your priority. Mini-challenges, guild activities, PVP are not mandatory. They are here for you to have fun, discover new exercises, have some friendly competitions but they must not hinder your progresses. If a mini-challenge seems too overwhelming for you, just don't do it.

Being here with us will give you access to many other not mandatory activities, aka:

- Skill mini-challenge. The skill mini-challenge has started yesterday and will last the whole challenge (aka 6 weeks). As the name may suggest, you will be asked to work on a skill over the course of the challenge. The skill this time is"Handstands"!

PVP. PVP are competitions started by other members of the rebellion. If you enjoy measuring yourself to other, they may be the right thing for you. So, don't forget to check the PVP forum to find or even make your own PVP! Remember to read the rules though  :)

What the guild leaders expect from you!

Consistency, awesomeness and regular updates. One update at the end of the challenge won't do, we want to be able to see you are still here with us. One Update a week is a minimum. More would be even better  :)

Don't stay by yourself. If you want people to follow your thread and support you, you may have to do the same. You will probably find many people who share the same goals as you, go visit their thread, cheer on them and they will probably do the same. And because we are awesome, we already created the Assassin phonebook to help you!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48933-the-assassin-phonebook-and-library/

Make sure you subscribe to the announcement thread:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48929-guild-information-and-announcements-subscribe/

And if you don't want to subscribe, make at least sure you read it once a week. It is usually updated on Monday/Tuesday to present the new mini-challenge and Assassin most wanted list. 

Don't stay by yourself bis! The assassin's den is open to all, you have funny gifs to share, a story to tell, needs some advices or just want a place to chat? The Assassin's den is the place to go (also, we have parkour corgis, ninja cats and killer sloth)!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48926-the-assassins-den-general-chat-thread/

What else?

If you have any problems, questions or suggestions for the guild, feel free to send your guild leaders (Apfelstrudy and Vengefulpear, me for a few more days) a PM.

Sorry for the wall of text! I wish you luck for this challenge!  :D

****This was a semi-automated message from your future ex-Robot guild leader.****

i took 30 sec rest between plank sets, and 1 min rest between other sets

6/11/14

today was mainly a technique day. worked on step vaults, began learning the lazy vault, worked on vertical wall runs and tic tacs,  began working on progression so that i can do climb ups easier. started with just cat hang pushes. later it will be cat hang bicycles, to cat hang pull ups. and so on. i also began training in thin soled shoes. really makes a difference in how you land and your body awareness.

• Like 1

i also began training in thin soled shoes. really makes a difference in how you land and your body awareness.

This...  It's amazing how much a "normal" shoe insulates you from the world.  I fixed all of my running problems just by trying it barefoot-style.  Now I know as soon as I do something wrong and correct it.

Your skill day still sounds like a good workout.  Where do you do your practicing?

• Like 1

That's convenient; I'm still trying to find somewhere to practice that won't result in getting the cops called.  Though for the moment I'm fine practicing rolls and monkey runs on the track.

• Like 1

just remember, the world is our playground!

6/13/14 (30 sec rest between sets)

raised leg planks: Left- 30 sec  Right- 15 sec: total plank time 1 min 10 sec (just did normal planks after this)

planks-37 sec, 30 sec

incline push ups- 30, 16,12

decline push ups- 10, 5,5

wall dips- 4,5,3

skull crushers-5

Broad jumps- 7

dead hangs- as long as possible 5x

6/16/14 (30 sec rest between sets)

planks- 1 min 4 sec, 41 sec

decline planks- 30 sec

incline push ups- 33,15,11,10

decline push ups- 8,7

dips- 15,12

wall dips- 7,4

skull crushers-9,7

i practiced some cat leaps after this which ended up in me breaking open the bottom of my shoe. it fine. they served me through 6 years of martial arts training, so they've earned their rest. i guess its back to practicing in running shoes. though just going barefoot for a while wasnt that bad. i practiced hand stands a bit after, but my arms where so tired i ended up falling. haha.

• Like 1

6/18/14 late night level grind (exercises were done in sets of 2 with no rests between reps)

incline diamond push ups- 15,15,10,9

cat hang pull ups-5,5,4,3

then worked on cat hang pushes

squats-24,20

lunges(walking)-20,14

cat hang bicycles-4,4

incline push ups-17,20

cat hang pull ups-5,4

the walk home was spent hanging off of every low wall withing view range. i think im getting addicted to this stuff. lol

• Like 1

6/21/14 (1 min rest between sets)

warm up- light jog,handstands, quadrapedal movements, gallops 

incline push ups- 29,15,13

diamond push ups-8,7

wall dips- 7,5,4

skull crushers- 13,6,6

cat hang pull ups- 8,6,4 (new record)

i worked on cat leaps after that, but ended up tearing a callous off my hand. a little deep, but not very painful. still wanna let it heal before i do more. i am super happy about my cat hang pull ups. before my first challenge i could only do about 2 incorrect ones, now i can do 8 correct ones.also my grip strength has gotten a lot better lately. when i reached 8 pull up my feet started slipping off the wall, but my hands were fine. :)

• Like 1

the last week was a lazy one in terms of workouts. ive been staying up really late, and by the time i wake up it was time for me to go to work. get back from work late, stay up watching shows and do it all over again.

6/29/14

getting back into things. didnt record reps for anything, just mostly worked on grip strength and handstands with a few low box jumps thrown in.

• Like 1

took me a while, but im back again!

7/3/14- i didnt count reps today either. i mostly worked on basic parkour exercises while barefoot. worked and beginning wall runs, more cat hangs, cat hang pull ups, some push ups, dips, and box jumps. i worked on step vaults and began to break down a way for me to learn lazy vaults. it was a little embarrassing, but i got over it once i decided to focus. havent worked on the kong vault progression in a while, so i need to do some more of those as well.

• Like 1

7/6/14

i think im going to start working out in the early mornings again. 

didnt count reps today. warmed up with some incline push ups, push ups, box jumps and cat hangs, and cat hang pull ups.

then for the rest of the time i worked on the step vault and got a little more comfortable with the lazy vault. i used to go train my vaults at night when no one is around, but ive been really tired after work most of the time since i get home around 10:30. so im going to train in the mornings like i used to. there was no excuse then. ive been waking up early anyways.