Serpenthelm's beginning

Serpenthelm lives in a land that divides the mighty pine forests of the South from the plains. Yet he dreams of a land that is not flat and crowded with people. Where there are high alpine lakes fed by melting snow and the mornings are cool even in summer. Our aspiring adventurer knows that he must train for his journey, all the while knowing that the Scouts will run up the mountains that he seeks to hike and the Assassins will scale the bare faced cliffs that he must travel around. So begins the chronicling of his journey.

6-7-14

stepmill: 40 minutes at 59 spm

lat pulldowns

curls

The stepmill is a cruel device. The stairmill will be slower one day convincing the adventurer that he is invincible. On another day the stairmill will be faster convincing the adventurer that he is weak. A wiseman counts the steps he takes because he knows the stairmill lies.

“I cannot lift this.†Ahmed ibn Fahdlan having been give a sword.

“Grow stronger!†Herger the Joyous

Specialization is for insects.

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49470-serpenthelms-beginning/#entry1064460

6-10-14

Stairmill hiit

30seconds at 130 spm

1:00 rest

repeat 8 times

The last two or three interval required an extra 10 to 20 seconds of rest. My speed goals is 140 spm at which time I'll lengthen the work work interval.

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49470-serpenthelms-beginning/#entry1064460

6-13-14

LT/Tempo day

20 minutes stepmill, 60 stp, skipping every other step first 8 minutes.

6-14-2014

Easy Day

20 minute of treadmill at 15% incline for 20 minutes

Bench

6-16-2014

Longs Day 45 minutes stairmill plus a little inclined treadmill

Today was Jedrick’s long day. As Jedrick’s legs turned on the neverending stairs his shirt became soaked with sweat. Heat radiated from the windows and the hot air rose from the first floor to surround Jedrick. His pace slowed, and then slowed again. Although completing his allotted time his distance was no greater than the previous week. He made the decision that in the future he would count elevation gain, and not time.

6-17-2014

Crosstraining: Co2 Rower 20 minutes

Strength Training: Chins and Deads

As Jedrick entered the training hall he was greeted by the sight of a strange female creature. She was tall, thin, and a most distinct shade of orange. A spell gone wrong? Human? Jedrick didn’t know nor did he care, he had important work to do. In tribute to his barbarian ancestors he had to row. Afterwards, he did chins so that he could scale his enemies’ walls.

Surprisingly, his training hall had new lifting platforms. The lifting platforms were beautiful. The center portion of the platform appeared to be white oak or ash. The platform was flanked by matting to soften the heavy landing from deadlifts. Most importantly, the platform had new round weights.  The training hall’s old master used to be cruel and sadistic. He laughed as warriors deadlifted hexagonal weights that shifted every time the bar touched the ground and forced the warrior to reset the deadlift on every rep.

Jedrick pulled with joy.

Battle Log:

6-25-2014       

Longs Day 20 minutes stairmill, 30 minutes inclined treadmill, 5 minutes stairmill; 1,800 feet

6-26-2014

Crosstraining: Co2 Rower 20 minutes

Strength Training: Chins and Deads

6-27-2014

Stairmill hiit

30seconds at 140 spm

repeat 8 times

6-28-2014

Crosstraining: Co2 Rower 5 minutes

Strength Training: Squats

Twenty minutes on the rower leaves my back tight, so I’m just gonna use it for my warmup for a while. I feel a little too beat up when I add 20 minutes of it. I walk my dogs for twenty or thirty minutes a day anyway, and while that isn’t strenuous I’m gonna count it as a light recovery workout J.

7-1-2014

LT/Tempo/ medium day

20 minutes stepmill, 60 spm, skipping every other step for 10 minutes

7-2-2014

Crosstraining: Co2 Rower 5 minutes; bear crawls; squat thrusts

Strength Training: Bench

7-4-2014         

Longs Day 40 minutes 15% inclined treadmill 2.2 mph, 25 minutes stairmill 60 spm; 2,161 feet

7-5-2014

Crosstraining: 10 minutes stairmill 60 spm; treadmill 15 at 2.2

Strength Training: Deads

7-7-2014

Stairmill hiit

30 seconds at 145 spm

repeat 6 times

Only 6 repeats this week. I may attempt 8 repeats next week or I may drop the speed and increase the time. Interestingly, instead of the huffing and puffing keeping me from completion the burn in my quads kept me from doing more repeats.

7-8-2014

5 minutes rowing

Squats

Battle Log: