• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zego

Zego - The Only Easy Day was Yesterday

Main quest: The Only Easy Day was Yesterday.

My first year of graduate school is down and a bunch of big milestones ahead to complete over the summer. Always busy!

Objectives:

Assassin's Breakfast (STR: 2, STA: 1): 2/4/2/3/2/0 Grade: F

Complete my Morning Teacup Routine every morning.  It’s a hell of a cup of tea.

Morning Tea Cup: (Seven times a week)

Armstrong Pull Up Program

Monday - Max Effort,

Tuesday - Pyramid Up,

Wednesday - 3 reps Normal  Grip, 3 reps Narrow Grip, 3 reps Wide Grip,

Thursday - Continuous reps until unable to complete a rep,

Friday - Repeat any workout that has problems with during the week,

Saturday - Max Effort,

Sunday - Max Effort

100 Sit ups

Max Regular Push Ups

100 Squats

Max Narrow Push Ups

50 4-Count Flutter Kicks

Max Wide Push Ups

50 Kettlebell Lifts (40 lbs Kettlebell)

Mobility (STR: 1, DEX: 2): 0/0/2/3/0/0 Grade: F

Still working on the Assassin’s bread and butter.

Parkour/Freerunning or Jedi workouts (Three times a week).  

Blending In (CHA: 3): Failed

Going to work on blending in with real world people and get a job.  Looking for either part time or internship work.

Get hired for honest work.  

Nihongo (WIS: 3): 0/1/0/0/0/1 Grade F

Got to get prepped for my trip to Japan and graduate testing.

Study Japanese (Three times a week)

Life side quest: Marine Corps PFT (STR: 1, STA: 1, DEX: 1) Failed

I'm sending my package up to the July Marine Corps Officer Selection in July and need above a 290/300 score to be competitive.  The goal is 20 pull ups, 100 crunches and a minimum of 19:40 on the three mile run.

Week One Debrief:

Not a good start, I'm already in catch up mood.  On the plus side, Denver Comic Con was awesome and I got engaged

.10441925_726776721976_703664935938899292

Week Two Debrief:

Well I did better than Week One, but still need more effort.

Week Three Debrief:

Not the best results this week, another busy schedule this week with classes.  But since my Stats class is done for now I have much more time to get this PT and studying done for my PFT and other goals.  I've had a lot of hits come my way lately, but I'll keep on keeping and make my way forward.

Week Four Debrief:

This week was a mixed bag.  I completed my PK workouts, completed half my Teacup and no luck on the Japanese and job yet.  My Marine Corps PFT is tomorrow so I took Sunday off to make sure I'm relaxed and ready.  Big day tomorrow.

Week Five Debrief:

Not as good output this week as I was hoping.  I did decent on my PFT (got a 279), but that wasn't the 290 I was hoping for.  I'll have to do better for the next PFT.  But it's out of my hands for now, I just have to wait for the board decision.  Busy weeks ahead long with that.

Week Six Debrief:

Well this challenge was a bust.  Just so busy with school, the Marine Corps, planning a wedding, etc I wasn't able to complete the exercises and tasks I set out for myself.

• Like 2

That is one brutal cup of tea; how much rest do you take between exercises?

My AF officer training was difficult, so I don't even want to think what Marine training would entail.  You're crazy, but good luck.

That is one brutal cup of tea; how much rest do you take between exercises?

My AF officer training was difficult, so I don't even want to think what Marine training would entail.  You're crazy, but good luck.

About minutes rest in between.  I already did Navy OCS so I have small taste of Marine Corps drill instructors, but Marine OCS is a whole different beast.

****This is a semi-automated message from your future ex-Robot guild leader.****

Welcome back! I noticed you forgot to put your name in your thread title, please Edit your thread title so that it contains your user name! It will make your guild leaders works easier and will also make your thread a bit more cellphone friendly. To add your name, edit your OP using the Full editor.

Thanks in advance!

****This was a semi-automated message from your future ex-Robot guild leader.****

Week One Debrief:

Not a good start, I'm already in catch up mood.  On the plus side, Denver Comic Con was awesome and I got engaged

"You do or you do not do, you don't catch up" - Henry Rollins

Don't get wrapped up in catching up just do week 2, week 1 is gone now.

Have you trained your morning cup of tea consistently before? Doing max effort multiple days in a row may be a decision worth reviewing.

That's not a debrief soldier.

How was it. What are your challenges.

I'll be back to nag you.

Scheduling problems with class, pregnant fiancé, gender reveal party, wedding planning, etc.  And until I earn my Eagle, Globe and Anchor, I'm still a Naval Officer.

I always feel that it's a bit of an odd thing to say but it's the only thing to say "congratulations".

Thank you much.  How's your challenge going?

dandy! I'm off on Friday to compete so this week is easy.

I'm using the spare time to calculate and estimate to insulate my garage to make it my year round oasis of AWESOME.

Groovy.

Week Three Debrief:

Not the best results this week, another busy schedule this week with classes.  But since my Stats class is done for now I have much more time to get this PT and studying done for my PFT and other goals.  I've had a lot of hits come my way lately, but I'll keep on keeping and make my way forward.

• Like 1

does PFT not mean physical fitness test? If it does, what's studying? a jog.

PFT is Physical Fitness Test, studying is for school and language requirements.

The Navy PFT was 2 minutes push ups, 2 minutes crunches and 1.5 mile run.  I'm working on joining the Marine Corps later this year so it's pulls up, 2 min crunches and a three mile run for me.

Week Four Debrief:

This week was a mixed bag.  I completed my PK workouts, completed half my Teacup and no luck on the Japanese and job yet.  My Marine Corps PFT is tomorrow so I took Sunday off to make sure I'm relaxed and ready.  Big day tomorrow.

I'm a day late but GOOD LUCK ON PFT!

Let us know how it went.

Thank you much.  I got a 278 with 19 pull ups, 99 crunches and 22:10 on the run (adjusted for altitude is 20:40).  A new PR, but not the score I need so I scheduled another PFT for Firday to nab that last pull up, crunch and sixty seconds.