MyLittlePony - Back on track

Paisley

Oops I thought I still had a week to go before this challenge started. Nope I need to get a move on and get a new challenge up and running.

OK goals - lets start with running I think I'm going to do this based on distance this time around.

Goal 1 - running

A - >12km / week

B - 8-12km / week

C - 5 - 8km / week

D - 2 - 5km/week

F - <2km / week

Goal 2 - strength.

I still need to figure this out. I would love to do barbell work but my son is refusing to go into the child watch and they gym refuse to let him come and watch me workout so we're at a bit of a stale mate, at least until my daughter gets out of school and I can hopefully coax my son into going into child watch with her. Until then I will focus on bodyweight workouts.

For bodyweight work I'm going to try for every week day that doesn't include a barbell workout I do AMRAP in 4 minutes for 4 exercises (one from each category).

Legs - Air Squats, lunges, Pistol Squats, box jumps

Push - Push ups, Handstand push ups, dips

Pull - Pulls Ups(assisted), Rows

Core - Knees to elbows, reverse crunchs

A - 5 workouts / week

B - 4 workouts / week

C - 3 workouts / week

D - 2 workouts /week

F - <2 workouts / week

When I can get back to the gym I'll aim at swapping two of the bodyweight workouts with my standard barbell workouts which at last workout were.

Day 1 - Squats: 8@45lb, 8@55lb, 5@65lb 5@75lb, 5@80lb

bench: 8@45lb, 8@50lb, 5@55lb 5@60lb, 5@65lb

hang clean: 8@45lb, 8@50lb, 5@55lb 5@60lb, 5@65lb

Day 2 - Squats: 8@45lb, 8@55lb, 5@65lb 5@75lb, 5@80lb

OHP: 8@25lb, 8@35lb, 5@35lb 5@45lb, 5@47b

dead lift: 5@155lb 5@135lb, 5@145lb

Goal 3 - get eating back on track.

Will start to track again via myfitnessPal must do this properly.

will aim at 1400 cal Mon-Thurs, 1800cal Fri - Sun

for the first couple of weeks and then modify as required.

Goal 4 - sewing.

I need to get our summer wardrobes finished so sewing is on the cards. I will try and do at least 2 pieces of clothing a week.

• Like 3

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

Running and lifting- good ranger goals if I ever saw them. I'm with wovercast, hopefully the gym issues get sorted out. Dumbbells are always a good at home option, but I do love lifting some heavy weight at the gym with squats and deadlifts.

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Hmm not the greatest start.

Goal 1 - running - nothing

Goal 2 - strength - spent a lot of time this morning playing around with possibilities for strength work then sort of half assed a workout. 114 squats, 10 assisted pull ups, 32 push ups, 1 min 30 sec plank, 40 bicycle crunches, 48 double leg raises, 1 min 30 sec handstand hold.

Goal 3 - Food

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Iron Sugar

Totals 1,449 74 89 84 43 39

Goal 1,400 50 127 100

over on calories, way over on fat, under on protein, happy with the carbs.

goal 4 - sewing

turned one pair of pants into a pair of shorts but that was it.

Looks OK written down but not overly happy, tomorrow will be better.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

It may look OK on paper, just didn't feel like the best.

Another not great day.....really need to get on top of this - But really when your 4yo makes you cry you know its not going to be a good day. Ate very little food during the day then binged on ice cream tonight. I did make myself track it all though so that's something.

Goal 1 - running - nothing today but that's expected I generally do my running on the weekend.

goal 2 - strength - AMRAP in 4 mins. Pull ups - assisted (got 10), Push ups (got 32), Squats (got 77). So there's my baseline - will see if I can improve on this each workout.

goal 3 - bad food.

Totals       1,594   110   101    72      25    79
Goal         1,400             50     127   100

goal 4 - sewing - got in a little this morning. Remade a dress for L and finished a shirt for me that I started ages ago.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Yeahhhh finally a good day today.  J was good - keeping him outside really does help, so we mowed the lawn and washed the car today - now just have to figure out what we can do tomorrow.

Food was good today too - though I still can't believe that I had to throw out mussels tonight.  I bought 4lb and it was just too much for me a 4yo and a 6yo....last time I bought those mussels I had to throw out almost a lb when they wouldn't open/close as supposed to and I assumed I would have to this time as well so bought extra, and then didn't - so unfortunately I ended up having to throw them out. boooo and they were sooo yummy too - But I just couldn't eat any more.

Goal 1 - running - nope
Goal 2 - strength - 89 squats, 32 push ups, 16 pull ups, 4 min plank
Goal 3 - food

Totals    1,160      77     57    108     96    18
Goal      1,400               50     127  100

Goal 4 - sewing - took and old dress of L's and remade it into a skirt - plus I spent some time going through my entire stash of material and sorting it out.

• Like 1

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Thanks for the support guys.  Today has been pretty good all round, although I've got a few twinges in my back starting hopefully I can stretch them out  before they develop into anything bad.

Rocking day! Keep those exercises coming- you've got a Luigi Circuit to win. :)

Hmm not so sure about that any more - Looks like some good competition. Hopefully the twinges in my back aren't anything major and don't stop me from getting my points up. 

Sounds like a good day, but be sure to eat to fuel those workouts!

Oh I definitely ate enough yesterday even if the numbers don't reflect it - I seriously couldn't fit in another bite.

Sounds like you are getting into the new challenge well. Keep up the great work :onthego:

Thanks - Now to keep the momentum going.

so today;
goal 1- running - nothing

goal 2 - strength - AMRAP in 4 min, Pull Ups - 17, push ups - 27, squats - 70, plank/hollow body Low number of squats today due to the sore back, but I then went on and did another 30 odd trying to really work on form, my form is really bad still and I need to figure out what I need to do to be able to keep my back straight - I always collapse forward. From todays session I think I figured out that its a hip mobility thing so spent some time stretching out the hips and will keep doing that every day if I can and hopefully by the time I get back to the gym I'll have my squat form down.

goal 3- food
Not too bad today

Totals       1,183     97    45    107     43    44
Goal         1,400             50    127    100

There are probably some calories missing - I snuck a couple of the kids almonds and pretzels before lunch, some peanut butter from making sandwiches today etc so I'm happy with where the numbers are at.  Good news is the protein was above 100 again so I was happy about that and fat was still under.

goal 4 - sewing - made two new pairs of shorts today, one for each of the kids - somehow I made Js shorts too big though so now I need to go back and fix them, bugger.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Thanks for the support guys.  Today has been pretty good all round, although I've got a few twinges in my back starting hopefully I can stretch them out  before they develop into anything bad.

Def take the time to make sure it doesn't get worse.  I tweaked my knee doing a bus pull about a year ago. I kept aggravating it and it took over a month to finally heal and feel better.

Taking videos to get form advice can be a big help. I used it a few times to fix my deadlifts and it made a big difference.

Yep - I need to get some new form videos up - I did them once before but I think I need to do it again.

Def take the time to make sure it doesn't get worse.  I tweaked my knee doing a bus pull about a year ago. I kept aggravating it and it took over a month to finally heal and feel better.

Yeah, thankfully it seems to be Ok today so hopefully no long term effects.

Well I think today counts as one of my two weekend days. Had to watch the Aussies in the world cup tonight which meant Pizza and buffalo fingers for dinner, add to that the wine, the frozen yoghurt for afternoon tea and its definitely a 1800 calorie day...but on the plus side my son actually asked to go to the gym today - he wanted to go swimming of course but he grudgingly let me work out as well so yeah barbell workout, swim, then he asked to go run around the track a couple of times so actually got some workouts in today.

goal 1 - running - well we did do a couple of laps at the gym but I doubt it was even 1km- though he did make me run fast so hey - interval workout!

goal 2 - strength - got to go to the gym today.

Squats: 7 @ BW, 8@45lb, 8@55lb, 5@65lb, 5@75lb, 5 @85lb. after my form work yesterday these did feel a little better.

bench press: 8@45lb, 8@50lb, 5@55lb, 5@60lb, 5@65lb, 2@70lb.

inverted rows - 4 min AMRAP - 29.

we then went swimming for 45 mins - not too energetic but felt good on the back.

goal 3 - food.

well if I count this as one of my weekend days I'm OK.

Totals     1,810   166     72    79       49    54

Goal       1,800               50   127    100

so protein was low of course but oh well - one day!

goal 4 - no sewing today.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Nice work MLP. I do Grok squats to help with my hip and ankle mobility.

Posted with thumbs only with Tapatalk

Mmmm Grok squats - I was doing those back before my vacation - I need to start doing them again - I do think they helped.

Nice, a good balance of your goals with a little bit of everything.

When you run, what´s your regular distance?

Sub´d since I have to have to spy on my Mario Kart competitors :)

thanks - I generally run somewhere between 5 and 10 km per run so I should be able to do 12km in just 2 runs a week, I haven't run for a while so I've been doing the 7km loop lately. Maybe this week I can up it to the 10km. I've found out over the years that I prefer to run longer distances at a slower pace, I'm not into running fast.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Hmm Saturday - How did we go this week.

Goal 1 - running - Yeah I'm finally on the board for this. Went out for a run this morning. 9.65km so well on my way to my 12 for the week. Just need an easy run tomorrow and I'm good.

Goal 2 - Strength work - nothing - I did running today instead.

goal 3 - Food - so not enough food today but there's seriously nothing in our house - unless I'm willing to eat total crap - those chocolate chip cookies my daughter cooked are calling to me but I think that 4 is enough for one day.... 

Total             1,643     137   103   62      110   68
Goal              1,800               50   127     100

on the plus side I think this is the first time I've ever seen my iron numbers over 100 - a dinner of spinach is good hey! bring on the Palak Paneer.

protein was very low today - but that's what happens when you only have a little meat for lunch and none for dinner.  Most of my calories for today came from chocolate chip cookies and wine.

Goal 4 - sewing - none done today.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Ahh Sunday, how do I love thee...A good day today, took the kids for a walk to the park, got a trail run in, had a water fight in the back yard, taught the kids how to play backyard cricket, cooked hotdogs over the open fire for dinner.

So quick wrap up for toady and the week.

Goal 1 - running - A short 3.3km trail run (plus another 1.3km with the kids but most of that was just walking), but that brings me up to 13km for the week so Yeahh an A grade for week 1.

goal 2 - nothing today. But did get in 5 workouts this week so that's an A grade for the week.

goal 3 - food

Not such a great day today. I did track it all but was well over calories.  I blame the big breakfast for Fathers Day - But hey Hubby deserved it.

Totals      2,313     196  138     65      44    77
Goal        1,800              50    127    100

I think I managed 5 days this week either under or just slightly over (within 100 cal) calories which is not great, but not terrible so I'm thinking probably a C Grade

(A grade 6+ days, B grade for 5 days, C grade for 4 days, D grade 3 days, F <3 days.)

Goal 4 - sewing.  Nothing today.  But Have made my target of 2 pieces of clothing per week so A grade here too.

Overall not a bad week.  Will have to up the bodyweight workouts next week in an attempt to at least place in the next Mario cart race., and need to do better with food.  Bring on the new week.

• Like 1

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Well week 2 is not off to such a great start.  I spent most of the day at the sewing machine which means goal 4 is going well, but food was terrible today - couldn't even track it.   I have redeemed myself slightly by getting my strength workout in before bed.

So:

goal 1 - running - nothing today

goal 2 - strength - AMRAP in 4 mins:  Squats 100, push ups 41, pull ups 17, planks 3 (took my three attempts to get to 4 mins).

Goal 3 - food - atrocious.

Goal 4 - sewing - got three shirts made today.  

004_zpsf3176af7.jpg

Considering I had to make the pattern for the button down shirt and dye the material for the T shirts I'm very happy with my progress today.  Still need to decorate the other T shirt but that'll be J's job tomorrow.

Plan for tomorrow - no snacking!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Urghhh yesterday not so good.  Exercise was skipped (though I did spend a couple of hours playing with J at the lake), food was doing OK till the will power ran out and I ate two bars of chocolate.....

Today was better. food was still a bit over but all tracked (as well as I could eating out).  I did do all my exercises this evening, and J helped me decoate one of his shirts today.

goal 1 - running - nothing

goal 2 - strength - AMRAP in 4 mins - Squats 75, push ups 48, pull ups 16, Plank 3,  then reverse lunges 50 each leg, grok squat for 2.5 mins, and another 21 squats.

goal 3 -food - meh!

Totals       1,602      213   59   58       15     36
Goal         1,400       131  50  131     100    69

not sure how well the sushi for dinner was tracked but I'll take it as an OK day.

goal 4 - sewing - no sewing but J and I decorated one of the shirts I made the other day - a garbage truck what else.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines