• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gallery_27703_1124_50471.jpg

After failing to reach the goals of his second challenge Impi Shujaa dusts himself off, takes out the "chuks" buys a new pair of genie pants and embarks on his third challenge.

Goals

Muscular Endurance

1. 100 push ups
  2. 30 hanging straight leg raises
  3. 20 pull ups

Strength

1. 1 muscle up
  2. 10 one arm pushups (both sides)
  3. clutch flag

Mobility (3x a week)

1. bridge
  2. L hold
  3. twists
  • Like 4

I worked on legs and core today.  So far I've exceeding my goal of doing mobility stretches 3x a week, I'm 4+.  the good thing about it is that I can do them any time of day, they only take about 2 minutes.

Ab Circuit 3 rounds
15 sit ups
30 second V-Hold
30 Bicycle Crunches
15 V-ups (per side)
20 Side V-Ups
10 second L-Hold
30 second Plank

Legs
20 Half Squats
15 Full Squats
2x20 Close Squats
2x10 Tuck Jumps
(?) Wall Squat While playing Mario Kart 8 for 1 lap

• Like 1

That's some bad ass goals! From the progress bars it looks like your making good progress too.

How far away are you from a muscle up? And, is it a muscle up with rings or a bar?

I'm not sure how far I am from my first actual muscle up, I've been at it for awhile.  I don't kip so that may be why it is so challenging for me.  I'm using the bar.

n3nacp.jpg

I'm playing push up Quidditch and am representing Slytherin, not sure what my position is on the team.  Got a really good burn during uneven pushups.

20 Close Pushups (diamond)
1x16 Uneven Pushups
1x15 Uneven Pushups
2x10 Plyometric Pushups

• Like 1

6/16/2014

Today was all about push and pull.  I'll post my cumulative pushups of the day in a later post, right now I'm at 100.(1x40,5x20)

5x20 Parallel Bar Dips
2x10 Half Pullups
1x5, 1x4 Full Pullups (w/2second holds)
3x6 Explosive Pullups
30sec Bar Hang
2x5 Fingertip Pushups
Pushups (quidditch 100 at the time of this posting)

I'm jealous as heck of your comic book cover. 

Looking at your goals (and they sure do look tough), what's your current ability on each of those and are you planning on completing them this challenge or are they long term aspirations?

• Like 1

I ended yesterday with 250 standard pushups.  Today I'm up to 60.

I'm jealous as heck of your comic book cover. 

Looking at your goals (and they sure do look tough), what's your current ability on each of those and are you planning on completing them this challenge or are they long term aspirations?

Glad you like it. I'm trying to come up with ideas for the next.  I might introduce a villain.  My max consecutive pushup count is 74 (even though I scored lower on my last pt test), pullups:14, Hanging straight leg raises:20

Hopefully I reach them for this challenge, if not I'll roll them over.

• Like 2

Goals

Muscular Endurance

1. 100 push ups
  2. 30 hanging straight leg raises
  3. 20 pull ups

Strength

1. 1 muscle up
  2. 10 one arm pushups (both sides)
  3. clutch flag

Mobility (3x a week)

1. bridge
  2. L hold
  3. twists

I'm taking today off from doing all of those pushups in Qudditch (843) Haven't really had time for hanging leg raises so I did ab circuits, lets see if they improved my hanging leg raise count. Instead of my usual slow pull ups I am going to move to performing faster explosive ones.  I have seen improvements in flexibility from performing mobility stretches.  My bridge still needs some work.

• Like 1

outstanding bodyweight workout. I'm totally coming back to reread for ideas. 

did I read correctly that you did 250 pushups in a day? Was that in the course of an hour or throughout the day? any idea what a single max effort attempt at push ups looks like for you?

• Like 1

outstanding bodyweight workout. I'm totally coming back to reread for ideas. 

did I read correctly that you did 250 pushups in a day? Was that in the course of an hour or throughout the day? any idea what a single max effort attempt at push ups looks like for you?

Thanks. That was throughout the day.  When I went through bootcamp at Ft. Knox we did literally thousands every day.  Now if I attempt to max one set of standard pushups I may max out at around 75-90.

Going to reincorporate fasting into my routine, starting with a 24hr fast Wednesday.  Today I worked out legs and worked on handstands.  Time to do a couple of pushups for Quidditch.

Full Squats 1x20
Close Squats 1x15
Uneven Squats 2x5
Tuck Jumps 3x10
Wall Squats (hold) 45 seconds
Handstand progressions

• Like 1

I constructed a tabata circuit that has 20 seconds of exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest and did 8 rounds.  I did not count any reps but just simply did my best for those twenty seconds.   Just pumped up one of my car tires with my bicycle pump.

20 second work-intervals followed by 10 seconds rest intervals. 8 rounds, 8 sets per exercise,

Speed Squats
Military Press (hands on ground)
Bird Dog (pointers)
Mountain Climbers

• Like 1

I did less pushups this past week.  Choosing the uneven pushup for game 2 of Quidditch.  I did a total of 527 Uneven pushups or 1054 if you want to count  each side.  What are uneven pushups? here is video demonstrating it that I found on YouTube.

My wife and son went to the gym (park) with me this morning.  Before I did my strength training we walked 1.5 miles together.  My son demonstrated some exercises for my wife and she received some good training from him.

Pushups 20
Close Pushups 15
One Arm Pushups 2x5

Half Pull-ups 2x15
Full Pullups 1x10 1x9 1x5
Parallel Dips 2x20

• Like 1

Prince-Wall-running-580x406.jpg

Hanging leg raises, pushups and a run! Oh my!  I went to the gym (park) to do my strength training and ran a little over a mile.  Was feeling a little wonky coming off of my fast this morning so I made sure I ate something before I went to the gym (park).  I ate a banana and a handful of almonds.

standard pushups 25
one arm pushups 5
partial hanging leg raises 20
hanging leg raises (foot to bar) 2x8
Jogged 1 mile

• Like 1