[Grawlix] All journeys begin with a single step

Introduction

Hi, my name is Grawlix, I always considered myself healthy if not fit until I started putting weight on a few years ago. Eventually I had put on an extra 4 stone, which beyond being immediately obvious, made it undeniable that I was really out of shape. I spent two years out of work where I struggled to find motivation but in january started a new kitchen job. The hours are long and it can be stressful but I like it and most of all I finally have the energy levels I need to really be proactive and started by walking to work whenever I have time. I discovered NerdFitness a few weeks ago and I'm now set in my path to improve myself and take control of my life once again! It all starts here

Main Quest - Build base fitness ready for the quest ahead

• Walk to work every day - I do this most days already, its 3.2 miles on its own.
  • Aim to walk 5 miles a day - keep track with pedometer and keep a log.
  • Complete Beginner Body Weight Workout twice a week.

Quest 2 Basic Combat Training

• Attend Fight Night (Viking Reenactment) each week, track progress.

Quest 3 - Tracker's Challenge

• As of starting this challenge you have 16 geocaching logs, catch up so you are no less than the number of weeks into the year. ie. Currently 16/22
  • Plan and confirm your proposed camping trip.

Life Quest - Sort your $%!^ out!

• Clean/Tidy - Make flat into a healthy, productive environment.
  • Sort unwanted stuff to throw, sell, donate. Your material goods complicate things.
  • Set up a proper savings account and start paying in regularly, even if its only a bit.
  • Start sorting your debt
  • Enjoy the summer while its still nice!

Motivation

• F = ma : An object at rest stays at rest, an object in motion stays in motion... Do not sit and let life pass you by. (I have considered getting a tattoo of Newton's First Law on my wrist as a reminder of this for quite a long time now, I love the simplicity of it but the strong and positive connotations I have found with it. Maybe its time I finally do it.)
  • Like 2

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild.  It looks like with the Beginner Bodyweight workout you may have goals similar to many in our guild work on, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Okay, so nearing the end of my first week and its been mixed success so far. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to Fight Night but walking is going well; in fact I've ended up jogging a couple of sections of my walk to work most days and I'm seeing an improvement there.  So as far as meeting targets its been a bit of a wash, but the fact that I am already noticing improvements in what I am doing is very heartening.

Also thank you for the invitation Hazard, after doing a bit more research I am wondering if the Assassins may be a better fit for me!

• Like 3

The Viking Reenactment sounds like so much fun .... I hope you get a chance to get to Fight Night soon!!  But it is encouraging that you are noticing improvements already.  Keep it up!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

Tell me this isn't so!!

entropy_wins_bumper_stickers-r6116ba9ad4

(Hope to hear from you soon!!)

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines