kzacher | Demonized

kzacher

Verrzinek continues to grow more confident in his ability to break Lesok with each passing day. “Soon, you will lead my army back to Unthanar. And I will show off what you have become… what you have been made into, and then all in that wretched kingdom will join ME! They will all kneel in awe of my power. The great, warrior king to be, Lesok trembling like a worm on a hook. You, you will be my puppet on a string.†Verrzinek said, laughing all the while.

Lesok had been focused on nothing else but escaping from the grip of Verrzinek. He had trained his body during every moment he had away from the great demon. Lesok had grown stronger, faster, and more focused than ever before… but, he still was not ready to attempt his great escape. He didn’t want to risk giving away any part of his plan until he knew he was ready. His body needed more strength and durability. His mind, to be clear of all distractions. The Void, as nasty a place as it is, offers great tools to build these traits that Lesok needs… and he plans to take advantage of every last one.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hey everyone, 

this will be my second full-length challenge. and, even though i thought i'd surely spend it as a warrior, i'm gonna hang out with you Rangers, if you'll have me that is.

i figure since i'll be doing mostly cross training (lifting, grappling, kickboxing, cardio, etc.) Rangers would be a good fit for me this challenge. 

stats: Male

Height: 6'

Weight: 214.8 (this can change weekly)

bf%: 19%

Main Quest: increasing strength and lose fat to get to 14% or less body fat

1.       Increase bench press max from 295lbs to 325 (reached 315 on 6/8) 315 to 325lbs(new pr)

2.       Increase back squat max from 365 to 405(reached 385 on 6/8) 385 to 405lbs(new pr)

3.       Increase dead lift max from 315 to 365 (reached 405! On 6/8)(new pr)

4.       Compete in first sanctioned full contact fight {(kickboxing, boxing, MMA-as long as it’s more than just a gym war I’ll be happy) probably take up to a year as I just joined a new gym}

Given my schedule is going to be insanely crazy and sporadic for this challenge, I’m setting my goals to be more attainable…  also will be doing more body weight stuff in MMA classes

1.       Lift heavy weights 1-2 days a week – [sTR]

2.       Must attend grappling or striking class 2 times a week - [DEX, STA, CON]

3.       Do hiit training at least 1 day a week - [sTA]

Life Quest: try to maintain a more positive outlook

1.       Wake up and write something positive on my marker board - [CHA]

2.       Spend at least 1 night per week either writing or reading (as it helps “get me awayâ€) [WIS]

Side Quest:

1.         Maintain good eating habits - [CON]

2.         Allow myself only 1 cheat day per fortnight - [CON]

3.         Get down to 200 lbs

GRADING: same grading scale applies to grappling/striking class

A – lift 12 times in 6 weeks

B – Lift 8 – 11 times

C – Lift 5 – 8 times

D – Lift 3 – 4 times

F – Lift < 3

HIIT:

A – 6 times

B – 3 – 5 times

C – 2 – 3 times

F – 1 time

• Like 5

Hmm... is leading Verrzinek's army really such a bad thing? Sure he seems a bit twisted, but why escape?

Sub'd... of course.

all about perspective my friend. i think it would be cool to lead a demon's army, but i suppose if i had been tortured first.... maybe not so much.

Good to see you back and your logic behind joining the Rangers is sound. Plus being in the Rangers rocks!

i'll be back and checking in as often as possible. we'll see what happens. even though today is Day 1 of the new challenge, i'm resting since i tested max lifts yesterday.

Yay, new challenge!

Good habits and goals, hope your weeks will not be too hard!

haha thanks

glad you're with me :)

Hey, sometimes you try a little harder when you're scared...

lol i suppose that's true. never thought of it that way

*subbed*

You did great your first go 'round even with the gym closure. I'm glad you found a new gym, and also decided to join us Rangers :)  I am focusing on strength training right now, but I want to do ALL THE THINGS, so I am a Ranger at heart.

thanks man, i'm still finding my way around the Ranger threads. seems fun so far.

Rangers have to strength train too.

Subbed, sounds like your ready to kick ass again.

haha thanks, we're going to try and kick some ass anyway. 

• Like 1

alright, so my temporary (11 week) crazy work schedule is already taking a toll. i knew i was taking off monday after doing my SSSS lifts sunday, but found myself too exhausted to do anything after a work meeting last night but to eat, shower and sleep.

but, today is a new day..... i'm going to make up for it by training kickboxing tonight and doing some lifting tomorrow. 

goal for Friday the 13th: find Jason. Become Jason. then...

squats, dumbell/barbell presses, deadlifts, ohp.

these should help me with walking like Jason at least

0_9b221_43a6fee5_M.jpgjasont.gif

Sleeping-Bag-Death-jason-voorhees-262833

• Like 4

alright, so my temporary (11 week) crazy work schedule is already taking a toll. i knew i was taking off monday after doing my SSSS lifts sunday, but found myself too exhausted to do anything after a work meeting last night but to eat, shower and sleep.

but, today is a new day..... i'm going to make up for it by training kickboxing tonight and doing some lifting tomorrow.

goal for Friday the 13th: find Jason. Become Jason. then...

squats, dumbell/barbell presses, deadlifts, ohp.

these should help me with walking like Jason at least

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

I love that goal, i may need to channel my inner jason in fridays training. Really cool idea.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

soooo, tried to do some good lifting Friday the 13th but felt insanely weak. like much weaker than i should knowing what i'm capable of.

i was barely able to lift 50% of my 1RMs. everything just seemed ridiculously heavier than it should have been.

also had this weird pain in my right arm. like whenever i was holding weight, either bench or DLs, nothing wrong. as soon as i let go/racked the weight this terribly sharp pain from my wrist to half way up my forearm shot through for a few seconds. got no damn clue what that's about. 

i went, which is the most important part i suppose, but it definitely hurt the morale a little. humbled at least. 

I'll second that...the most important thing is going.

Wrist: pinched or otherwise aggravated nerve? My forearms are definitely the first to go in terms of fatigue. Also, how much impact do your wrists get during your striking workouts? I remember hitting a lot of funny nerves in the worst back in my kung fu days. And sometimes we would hit those on each other on purpose... you know, take away your opponent's ability to grip or make a fist and tot have the advantage.

On feeling weak... Maybe the cut is catching up to you? Refeed or get some extra recovery time?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll second that...the most important thing is going. Wrist: pinched or otherwise aggravated nerve? My forearms are definitely the first to go in terms of fatigue. Also, how much impact do your wrists get during your striking workouts? I remember hitting a lot of funny nerves in the worst back in my kung fu days. And sometimes we would hit those on each other on purpose... you know, take away your opponent's ability to grip or make a fist and tot have the advantage. On feeling weak... Maybe the cut is catching up to you? Refeed or get some extra recovery time? Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

normally the striking doesn't bother me as i wrap my hands pretty well and wear decent gloves. doesn't feel like sprain or anything. i mean, the pain only came on as soon as the pressure from the weights was gone. i don't know, strangest thing i think that's happened to me no counting my back(more like side more towards the back) popped while doing squats. i was doing my SSSS lift on the way up i felt and heard a pop and thought instantly "shit, i fucked something up. this is not good" racked the weight and waited for the pain.... never came. just a random strange pop. the wrist/forearm, however... lots of pain, no pop.

i probably do need a re-feed or something. we'll see how today goes on my lifts when i get off work. if i can get in the realm of heavy i won't worry too much about it.

given how tired i was, that it was father's day, and that i didn't rest much last week i decided to skip my workout last night. i ended up crashing around 8:45, which is about 2 hours earlier than normal. i still feel kinda tired today, but i'm sure i'll manage. that said, i get to do some grappling tonight. so hopefully i've at least allowed my muscles to recover a bit so my strength won't suffer tonight. we shall see.