• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kzacher

kzacher | Demonized

Oh that's absolutely true.  B-vitamins are definitely the "energy vitamin", and are water-soluble, so all the extra vitamin that the body doesn't need is flushed out in the urine.  Not an issue there.  I've just never heard of/experienced those symptoms before, even with extremely high amounts of B-vitamins.  The Animal Pak is synthetic, so I wonder if that might be the difference, I suppose.  

it could definitely be a contributing factor. hell, there could be many different factors. i just assumed it was normal since so many others shared the experience. 

• Like 1

Ha ha I'm a creepy stalker

FOUND YOU

Hit all the shit and kick everybody

But neon piss? Dude... No way. Stop the madness.

• Like 4

it could definitely be a contributing factor. hell, there could be many different factors. i just assumed it was normal since so many others shared the experience. 

Well!  You got me wondering so I looked it up.  Turns out it's Riboflavin.  Otherwise known as Vitamin B2.  The RDA for it is pretty low, about 1.5mg/day.  If the dosage goes much higher than that, it can, but doesn't always, cause the yellowing of the urine.  The "high intake" of it is in the 2.5+ mg/day range. 

Also, it seems there's a direct relationship between the dosage and excretion in the urine:  "Experimental balance studies indicate that urinary riboflavin excretion rates increase slowly with increasing intakes, until intake level approach 1.0 mg/d, when tissue saturation occurs. At higher intakes, the rate of excretion increases dramatically.[18] Once intakes of 2.5 mg/d are reached, excretion becomes approximately equal to the rate of absorption (Horwitt et al., 1950) (18). At such high intake a significant proportion of the riboflavin intake is not absorbed. If urinary riboflavin excretion is <19 Âµg/g creatinine (without recent riboflavin intake) or < 40 Âµg per day are indicative of deficiency."  (From Wikipedia, but the citations are there).  

So the TL;DR version is, Riboflavin can cause some people to have very yellow colored urine, and it's generally a sign of it not being absorbed by the body.  

• Like 2

Well!  You got me wondering so I looked it up.  Turns out it's Riboflavin.  Otherwise known as Vitamin B2.  The RDA for it is pretty low, about 1.5mg/day.  If the dosage goes much higher than that, it can, but doesn't always, cause the yellowing of the urine.  The "high intake" of it is in the 2.5+ mg/day range. 

Also, it seems there's a direct relationship between the dosage and excretion in the urine:  "Experimental balance studies indicate that urinary riboflavin excretion rates increase slowly with increasing intakes, until intake level approach 1.0 mg/d, when tissue saturation occurs. At higher intakes, the rate of excretion increases dramatically.[18] Once intakes of 2.5 mg/d are reached, excretion becomes approximately equal to the rate of absorption (Horwitt et al., 1950) (18). At such high intake a significant proportion of the riboflavin intake is not absorbed. If urinary riboflavin excretion is <19 Âµg/g creatinine (without recent riboflavin intake) or < 40 Âµg per day are indicative of deficiency."  (From Wikipedia, but the citations are there).  

So the TL;DR version is, Riboflavin can cause some people to have very yellow colored urine, and it's generally a sign of it not being absorbed by the body.  

well that's reassuring lol. i was really hoping i was becoming radioactive and going to end up with some sort of mutated ability/super powers

Ha ha I'm a creepy stalker

FOUND YOU

Hit all the shit and kick everybody

But neon piss? Dude... No way. Stop the madness.

haha creepy stalker? or just stalker?

With food based vitamins... the coloring is not so prevalent... because the nutrients are in synergistic compatibility. It's the synthetic processed stuff that is peed and pood out without the maximum beneficial uptake.

Oramac...i used to distribute and take nutrilite...great product. ..i just need capsules, not tablets for my own needs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

well that's reassuring lol. i was really hoping i was becoming radioactive and going to end up with some sort of mutated ability/super powers

haha creepy stalker? or just stalker?

definitely stalker.  More like old man stalker.

I'm jealous. .. not sure the cline stalker shows up on my thread! :-(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I can't find people any more.  All this skipping around in guilds and changing names - I ain't got time for that.  I'm old and tired. 

Here's some cline stalking for you:

23.gif

• Like 1

definitely stalker.  More like old man stalker.

I can't find people any more.  All this skipping around in guilds and changing names - I ain't got time for that.  I'm old and tired. 

Here's some cline stalking for you:

23.gif

old man stalker like this??

bdc76a8a53de2c25a0c9b8fd135616b09260bf7a

Now thats a supplement side effect i could get behind.

• Like 4

Yea, that's a side effect I think I could deal with.  haha.  Long as it didn't turn you into the Green Goblin or something.  

With food based vitamins... the coloring is not so prevalent... because the nutrients are in synergistic compatibility. It's the synthetic processed stuff that is peed and pood out without the maximum beneficial uptake.

Oramac...i used to distribute and take nutrilite...great product. ..i just need capsules, not tablets for my own needs.

Thank you!  

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it usually turns out that having pee that glows under backlight is the superpower.

Now that I think about it, trying to remember back to biochemistry, riboflavin, or anything with lots of pi bonds like b-complex should glow under a backlight... I think.

If any of you reading have some b complex and a backlight conduct this experiment.

• Like 2

i think my pee nearly glows enough to be seen in the dark with no blacklight :P

^^^^^^  kind of. 

more this:

get-off-my-lawn-o.gif

i can deal with that....just drop the shot gun please? or do a fancy trick with it

ash-finds-himself.gif

• Like 1

i think my pee nearly glows enough to be seen in the dark with no blacklight :tongue:

i can deal with that....just drop the shot gun please? or do a fancy trick with it

ash-finds-himself.gif

Bruce Campbell FTW!  Gotta say, though, I liked him better in Burn Notice than in the Evil Dead series.  

• Like 1

haha he's easily the best part of Burn Notice, but I'm a sucker for cheesy horror films Sooooo evil dead/ army of darkness are my jams. they're finally making a sequel to AoD!!! :-D

• Like 2

i think my pee nearly glows enough to be seen in the dark with no blacklight :tongue:

Dude, you have some expensive pee right now   °_°

But LOOKATUR weight training, this is ridiculous! How can one person deadlift so much ( or press or whatever)!

You can squat double my weight.... holy sh*t !

I can't even pull myself up if it's about my life, let alone those weight....

Awesome progress, kzacher!

• Like 1

Help!

We need Rangers to jump in on the last part of the mini-challenge!

We're killing murderous, bourbon swilling imps via pullups and burpees (modifications allowed for fitness level and injuries).

Check it out here. And contribute your kill stats here!

Bring friends!

Start/Finish

stats: Male

Height: 6'

Weight: 223/205.1

bf%: 19% 17%

Main Quest: increasing strength and lose fat to get to 14% or less body fat

1.       Increase bench press max from 295lbs to 325 (reached 315 on 6/8) 315 to 325lbs(new pr)

2.       Increase back squat max from 365 to 405(reached 385 on 6/8) 385 to 405lbs(new pr)

3.       Increase dead lift max from 315 to 365 (reached 405! On 6/8)(new pr)

4.       Compete in first sanctioned full contact fight {(kickboxing, boxing, MMA-as long as it’s more than just a gym war I’ll be happy) probably take up to a year as I just joined a new gym}

Given my schedule is going to be insanely crazy and sporadic for this challenge, I’m setting my goals to be more attainable…  also will be doing more body weight stuff in MMA classes

1.       Lift heavy weights 1-2 days a week – [sTR] 8 times = B

2.       Must attend grappling or striking class 2 times a week - [DEX, STA, CON] 17 clases = A

3.       Do hiit training at least 1 day a week - [sTA] 4 times = B

Life Quest: try to maintain a more positive outlook

1.       Wake up and write something positive on my marker board - [CHA] C

2.       Spend at least 1 night per week either writing or reading (as it helps “get me awayâ€) [WIS] C

Side Quest:

1.         Maintain good eating habits - [CON] had one too many cheat days = B

2.         Allow myself only 1 cheat day per fortnight - [CON] B

3.         Get down to 200 lbs 223-205.1=17.9 = B

OVERALL GRADE: B

GRADING: same grading scale applies to grappling/striking class

A – lift 12 times in 6 weeks

B – Lift 8 – 11 times

C – Lift 5 – 8 times

D – Lift 3 – 4 times

F – Lift < 3

HIIT:

A – 6 times

B – 3 – 5 times

C – 2 – 3 times

F – 1 time

missed the last few days of the challenge, but it was worth it i was at a grappling seminar in Charlotte N.C. learning from one of the best grapplers in the world, Sensai Gokor Chivichyan (pictured center)

10414879_10203496766473235_8071374015384

• Like 5

Dude, you have some expensive pee right now   °_°

But LOOKATUR weight training, this is ridiculous! How can one person deadlift so much ( or press or whatever)!

You can squat double my weight.... holy sh*t !

I can't even pull myself up if it's about my life, let alone those weight....

Awesome progress, kzacher!

haha thanks. just keep at it and you'll be able to pull yourself up for fun, not just in life saving scenarios

• Like 1

haha he's easily the best part of Burn Notice, but I'm a sucker for cheesy horror films Sooooo evil dead/ army of darkness are my jams. they're finally making a sequel to AoD!!! :-D

Cheesy horror films FTW!!  Really, the only kind of "scary"movies I can watch.

missed the last few days of the challenge, but it was worth it i was at a grappling seminar in Charlotte N.C. learning from one of the best grapplers in the world, Sensai Gokor Chivichyan (pictured center)

10414879_10203496766473235_8071374015384

Homeboy on the right looks like he's about to murder the camera and/or cameraperson. I approve.

• Like 4