KWeber's Fat Burning - Getting Up Out of the Mud

So this is my fourth challenge: #1 was awesome, #2 I fell on my face, #3 I had a death in the family and gave up with four weeks left. This time I'm slimming it down a little so I can complete this challenge.

Winnie-the-Pooh_FeatureImage.jpg

Main Quest

Ã˜ As with my first two challenges I would like to lose 10 pounds in the next six weeks and 50 over the next year (down to 35.4 to loose). Challenge starting weight is 190.2 lbs. Original starting weight 204.8 lbs. (down 14.6 lbs), last challenge start weight 195.2 (down 5 lbs)

34ca6cb8661c79d5d4e8721be21c1679631752ce

Specific Goals

Ã˜  Continue to eat healthy. This has been working for me since I fell off the wagon. Since the garden will be coming in soon there are lots of fresh veggies in my future.

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Chuck has found a new program that he wants to do, it is only 25 mins a day. I'm hoping with the hubby's push I will be more inclined to workout. Also, cover is off the pool so I would like to get in there and do more than floating and drinking. Shooting for at least three times a week, even though hubby wants to do five.

tumblr_mcv0gs3lf01regdjso1_400.gif

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Complete my photo blog for the next six weeks without missing a day. I was able to keep up with this even though I let everything else lapse.

Ã˜ Also adding creative art with seashells. I have two glass containers that need to get completed and two bags of shells. By the end of this six weeks I would like to have both done do I have spring center pieces for my table. So this did not happen last challenge, but I really want to get these two things done before the end of the summer so they are staying.

tumblr_mg2477CoUl1rf97m1o1_r1_500.gif

Motivation

Ã˜ To complete one thing that is about me and that is important to me. Tried of being upset every time I look into the mirror. Summer times makes it worse with all the cutie dresses and swim suits. I guess I'm just tried of being tired! 

how-winnie-the-pooh-works-1.jpg

• Like 2

Level 2: Malcontent STR: 3 || DEX: 3 || STA: 6 || CON: 3 || WIS: 3 || CHA: 2

Current Challenge  Challenge 5  Challenge 4   Challenge 3   Challenge 2   Challenge 1

Specific Goals

Ã˜  Continue to eat healthy. This has been working for me since I fell off the wagon. Since the garden will be coming in soon there are lots of fresh veggies in my future. D

Wk 1 - Did good here, but started to unravel over the coming challenge

Wk 2 - Weekends started to fall apart

Wk 3 - More bad weekends

Wk 4 - Weekends are starting to seep into the week

Wk 5 - What weekends?

Wk 6 - It is all one big long weekend

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Chuck has found a new program that he wants to do, it is only 25 mins a day. I'm hoping with the hubby's push I will be more inclined to workout. Also, cover is off the pool so I would like to get in there and do more than floating and drinking. Shooting for at least three times a week, even though hubby wants to do five. F

Wk 1 - Worked out with hubby - only week this happened!

Wk 2 - Stated doing CT-50 and pilates on my own

Wk 3 - Got a couple of workouts in

Wk 4 - One pilates workout

Wk 5 - What is pilates?

Wk 6 - What is working out?

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Complete my photo blog for the next six weeks without missing a day. I was able to keep up with this even though I let everything else lapse. A

Wk 1 - Done

Wk 2 - Done

Wk 3 - Done

Wk 4 - Done

Wk 5 - Done

Wk 6 - Done

Ã˜ Also adding creative art with seashells. I have two glass containers that need to get completed and two bags of shells. By the end of this six weeks I would like to have both done do I have spring center pieces for my table. So this did not happen last challenge, but I really want to get these two things done before the end of the summer so they are staying. A

Wk 1 - Done

Wk 2 - Completed in Wk 1

Wk 3 - Completed in Wk 1

Wk 4 - Completed in Wk 1

Wk 5 - Completed in Wk 1

Wk 6 - Completed in Wk 1

Current Challenge  Challenge 5  Challenge 4   Challenge 3   Challenge 2   Challenge 1

Welcome back and you've totally got this!

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Looks good. I love the 'how many bothers' gif :tongue:

Is there a way to grade your goals? Like an 'A/B/C/D' for the week or something?

Will there be pics uploaded for the seashell art stuff? It sounds like it would look pretty cool.

If you have any questions, feel free to post in the Tavern, or send me a PM.  Good luck and have fun :)

Week One Days One and Two

I have been stressing about posting what I'm eating because I know some people will not agree with my approach. But here it goes...I have been doing a modified fast. I have three protein shakes during the day and then a healthy dinner. Day one I had cabbage stakes and polish kielbasa. On day two I had grilled bone-in pork chops and steamed brussle sprouts. I drank 50+ ounces of water and had tea with organic half/half and truvia both days. No work outs yet, still trying to get settled after spending the weekend in GA.

I did get the shells in the containers (pictures to follow). So thew creative part of my challenge is done and all I have to do is focus on workouts. A friend of mine posted on Facebook that they want to do the color run when it comes to Raleigh, so I told her I would join her team so I have an event/goal.

brave-quote-by-winnie-the-pooh.jpg

Looks good. I love the 'how many bothers' gif :tongue:

Is there a way to grade your goals? Like an 'A/B/C/D' for the week or something?

Will there be pics uploaded for the seashell art stuff? It sounds like it would look pretty cool.

If you have any questions, feel free to post in the Tavern, or send me a PM.  Good luck and have fun :)

I usually give myself a grade at the end of the week depending one percent complete per goal. I think that is what I'm going to keep for this challenge and think of something new for next challenge. Thanks for the encouragement!

Not wanting to post what you're eating for fear of people not supporting your choices is not a thing worth stressing yourself out over, and certainly not something that is worth jeopardizing your participation. Because if you're afraid to post, you won't, and you're going to crap out. Let's not crap out. 

Of course I'm not going to agree with the modified fasting approach to weight loss - a: your specific body has proven time and time again that that approach does not work for you; b: modified fasting teaches you absolutely nothing about sustainable healthy eating; c: modified fasting does absolutely nothing to fix your jacked up metabolism; and d: this is diametrically opposed to the approach I take, as well as common sense as I see it.

Having said that, I love you and I'm going to support you no matter what and I'm going to continue to push you to figure out what "healthy" actually means. If this path is the framework you're setting up that will allow you to complete your vague 'eat healthy' goal, then commit yourself to it. Imma' question your choices when they stray from that framework and actual healthfulness; but your goals are your own and I'll be lending support to help you attain this goal. 

And it's Wednesday - you're settled. Get to working out; the week is half gone. ;) 

• Like 2

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||

I forget where you posted about a team .... the new team is up here and your name has already been added to the list. 

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Week One Day Three

Shakes during the day and Italian sausage with tomatoes and cheese for dinner. No workouts boo, I am doing something solo tonight if hubby has to work late again. I cannot wait on him any longer if I want to hit my three times a week goal. I have pictures of the shells in jars, I just have to get them from my phone and to my computer to post. Photo blog is current! I drank 60 oz of water and took all my vitamins! No formal exercise yesterday, but I did log 7,000+ steps! 

• Like 1

Eh, do what you gotta do, diet-wise. You'll figure out what works for you in the end, and as long as it's not the chips, cake and soda pop diet, no judgement here!

Sounds like things are starting off on the right foot... now go get that workout in!

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

I wonder if there is such thing as a sort of junk food diet....

Probably as good a diet as this idea was

bad-idea-b.gif

• Like 1

Week One Day Four and Five

Shakes during the day on both days. On day four I had corn beef with sticky rice and on day five I had boneless chicken breast in general tow sauce and blue cheese dressing. I took long walks after work both days my step log is below. Photo blog is current! I drank 60+ oz of water each day and took all my vitamins! 

Step Log Day Four: 10,433 steps, 5.0 miles 470 calories

Step Log Day Five: 12,166 steps, 5.7 miles 539 calories

Week One Day Six and Seven

So my weekend pretty much fell apart eating wise. On Saturday I made it all day and then went to Applebees and had a beer with dinner. On Sunday we hosted Father's Day dinner. Smoke ham with pineapple and cherries, mashed patatos, bread, corn on the cob and cake. I actually swam in the pool on Sat, enough to were my arms hurt when I was done and I was winded. Sunday I got into the pool but mostly floated with a five-year-old and did not do much actually swimming. Photo blog is current! I drank water, but I could not tell you how much and only took about half of my vitamins. Ugh I got to whip the weekends into shape!

Week One - Wrap Up

Specific Goals

Ã˜  Continue to eat healthy. This has been working for me since I fell off the wagon. Since the garden will be coming in soon there are lots of fresh veggies in my future. (Did good until the weekend, I'm giving myself a C+, there is room from improvement)

Ã˜ Exercise!!! Chuck has found a new program that he wants to do, it is only 25 mins a day. I'm hoping with the hubby's push I will be more inclined to workout. Also, cover is off the pool so I would like to get in there and do more than floating and drinking. Shooting for at least three times a week, even though hubby wants to do five. (I walked two days and swam one, looking to gear this up in the coming week A)

Life Side Quest

Ã˜ Complete my photo blog for the next six weeks without missing a day. I was able to keep up with this even though I let everything else lapse.(All done no missed days A+)

Ã˜ Also adding creative art with seashells. I have two glass containers that need to get completed and two bags of shells. By the end of this six weeks I would like to have both done do I have spring center pieces for my table. So this did not happen last challenge, but I really want to get these two things done before the end of the summer so they are staying. (Done got all shells in jars, I have pictures to post but need to get them from my phone to my computer A++)

Overall not a bad week, need to whip my workouts into shape and get my weekends under control! 

Hi kweb! Love your Winnie-the-Pooh inspiration ;) 

If your husband is on board with the workout initiative, you could turn it into a competition...person who works out most times a week (max 6) gets a foot rub! or some other kind of labor like not having to do chores...or the winner gets a new workout outfit...

Keep it up this week! 

tumblr_mgib3xaS8h1rz2nelo1_250.gif

And eat those veggies!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27994-1372172087-12

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30765-1372189938-9.

• Like 1

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

OMG...way to channel darkfoxx, she has been giving me hell over my veggie intake for close to 20 years. I have veggies on the menu the rest of the week. I was running low on steamer bags and ran out to get some last night! 

• Like 1

Good question, hubby is working late tonight so I plan on CT-50 and a pilates core workout tonight, cardo on Wend with some Zombies Run, and something strength-wise on Friday or Sunday. Darkfoxx will be making a personal appearance Friday night - Sunday morning at my house, so at least eating will be better this weekend versus last.

• Like 1

Week Two Day One

Started the day with tea with organic half/half and truvia. Had shakes during the day with peanuts and almonds for a snack. For dinner there was leftover smoked ham from Father's Day. I drank 66 ounces of water and got my photo blog done. My step log is below no other exercise today, unless you count cleaning the spare bed room and office for company working out. :)

Steps: 11,545

Miles: 5.30

Calories: 527

• Like 1

BAM!!! Eat your damn veggies :)

And leave the counter cake alone

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines