Terrormortus is Back Baby!

terrormortus

So this is a place holder for the time being. I got my ENTIRE challenge written up, then remembered we use a different system now. So I should have something up tomorrow.

See you all then and it's good to be back, I'll fill in what I've been doing in tomorrow's post.

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Placeholders!  Always a good thing!

Bring on the challenge!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Okay, here we go. First off what I have been doing for the past few several months. 

I ended up leaving Nerdfitness for a little bit to get ready for BCT (Basic Combat Training) and AIT (Advanced Individual Training). I am happy to say that as of this past Wednesday I successfully completed both of them, even graduating in the top 10% of my class for AIT. So I am now an in shape National Guard Cook and very pleased with myself. Still I can't let myself slip so with that idea in mind I bring you...

My Main Quest: Score at least a 270 on my next APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test)

So yeah I'm picking a pretty attainable goal for my first one as I want to ease into things. My last APFT I scored a 253, not bad at all but I would like to get it a little higher. The break down of my score is (all of these are out of a hundred) 89 points for my push-ups, 65 for my sit-ups, and 99 for my running. So yeah my weak area is Sit-ups, kind of a theme through out my life. So need to get those up and maybe increase my push-ups a bit, so with that in mind my goals.

Goal 1: Do a morning workout six days a week

Alright so basically this one is to help me get moving in the morning and to keep up with just general fitness. So far I've been doing the following...

30 Push-ups

30 Sit-ups

30 Squats

Run for 15-20 minutes

It has actually been pretty relaxing but if anyone has an exercise or two they think would be a good addition please let me know, so far I've just tried to hit all the areas. For the running I've been taking advantage of my new trail shoes and the trails near my current house. Lots of super steep hills but not a lot of random branches or rocks so it's been a fairly simple but challenging run.

Scoring: My standard scoring system (days I did it) / (days I planned on doing it) x 100 = Score!

Goal 2: Do a more vigorous workout five days a week.

So this is the real meat and potatoes of my workouts, the stuff that makes me gasp for breath and sweat like crazy (aka the fun stuff). I have a rotating schedule of six days of what I do which follows...

Day 1: Fartlek Day: Basically running easy for a while and then running hard, alternating the two for however long you do it. My plan is to run for 30 minutes, doing two minute easy run followed by two minute fast run. After this challenge I'll switch it up, making two minutes the minimum for the fast run but running till I'm tired, or bored. The ideal is eventually I'll be able to for a full thirty minutes of fast running but that is a future goal.

Day 2: Calisthenics: Sticking with Convict Conditioning I'll do as many reps of each exercise that is at my level.

Day 3: Run/Walk: Kinda like Fartleks but a little easier. This one I run for two minutes then walk for one minute for thirty minutes.

Day 4: Muscle Failure: Basically I do two minutes of push-ups, two minutes of sit-ups, two minutes of squats, and two minutes of horizontial pulls (pull ups when I can manage them) one after the other until I can't do them any more. This is basically for endurance and could last a while, I'll have to record the numbers as best I can to see the progress.

Day 5: Long Run Day: This is a a nice easy run but done for an extended amount of time, namely forty five minutes to start with. Every time I'll add five minutes of the total time until I'm running for super long periods, the cap is going to be three hours though. 

Day 6: Gym Day: Some actual pumping of iron. Since I don't have a gym membership this could prove tricky but I'll figure something out, may be that I just pay for each individual visit until I am officially settled.

Seems like a crazy routine and it kinda is but I've been doing stuff like this for a few months now. For when I'll do this stuff I'll be working out Monday - Wednesday then Friday and Saturday, so it'll look something like this...

Monday, Day 1.

Tuesday, Day 2.

Wednesday, Day 3.

Thursday, Rest.

Friday, Day 4.

Saturday, Day 5.

Sunday, Rest.

Monday, Day 6.

Etc.

Scoring will be the standard.

Goal 3: Continue to eat healthy

So yeah I've lost up to this point 105 pds and I am not gaining them back. So healthy eating it is, chiefly it is real foods such as fruits and vegetables with a decent amount of meat and good carbs. The emphasis will be on food I actually have to cook.

Scoring: So each day I eat right is worth +2 points, every day that I have something bad but do well over all is worth +1, and a day where I say screw it is worht +0 points. At the end I tally them up, divide by 84, multiply by a hundred,and there is my score!

Goal 4: Meditate

I got into this habit when I was in basic but it has been slipping lately. So I'm going to get back to it, namely sitting down to meditate every night, doesn't matter how long as long as I actually take the time to do it. 

Scoring: Standard.

So yes there is my new challenge! any thoughts would be appreciated, I'll update and check out other people's tomorrow as I now have to get some real world stuff done, namely workout!

"Do it now."

Goal 3: Continue to eat healthy

So yeah I've lost up to this point 105 pds and I am not gaining them back.

Holy shit dude!  Congrats on joining the 100#+ club!  That's freaking phenomenal!!!!

Goals look fantastic, though I might add in lunges to your morning routine in addition to the squats or as something you rotate in periodically in place of squats.  But everything looks solid!  Congrats on both BCT and AIT, too!  No easy task!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

hey, welcome back!  Looking forward to seeing the new plan.

Placeholders!  Always a good thing!

Bring on the challenge!

Your place is held, man. Come on in whenever you're ready.

Yay!

Welcome back!!

*waits patiently for updates*

Thank you everyone for the welcome backs, glad to be back.

Alright so things are getting off to a good start. Meditation has been pretty easy, especially as I can do it right before bed and use it to help me sleep. Haven't been doing it for massive amounts of time but a little is better then nothing. Eating has been a little bit of a challenge as all the snack have been tempting me, still keeping the faith if only barely.

The morning workout has been kicking my but, seriously those hills are crazy, almost vertical in some places so my legs are getting crazy work out. I ended up cutting short my pistol squats last night as my legs were just too tired. Still was working up a massive amount of sweat, so still a vigorous workout. Besides that Monday's workout ended up being a 5k run as I had SO MUCH ENERGY and needed to run for a while. Think it was probably my way of dealing with stress, I'm not terribly fond of not living in a place that isn't "mine". 

Holy shit dude!  Congrats on joining the 100#+ club!  That's freaking phenomenal!!!!

Goals look fantastic, though I might add in lunges to your morning routine in addition to the squats or as something you rotate in periodically in place of squats.  But everything looks solid!  Congrats on both BCT and AIT, too!  No easy task!

Thank you. :) I'll probably take your advice with the lunges, too many squats can't be good for my legs. 

I found a good before and after picture I'm going to upload at some point, the difference is... staggering.

"Do it now."

So my legs are telling me to go to hell today, which means I have to be doing something right. :D

But yes the hills have been murder, plus side I'm finding all sorts of secret paths behind my house, apparently someone really likes four wheeling. Yesterday's workout was walk/run intervals which I ended up doing at the high school track to keep track of how far I ran, ended up being three and a quarter mile. Time's the goal but it's still nice to have another measurement too. Meditation happened for about five minutes before I conked out but considering it was 4am I kinda expected that.

And here are the before and after pictures, both of me drinking beer which may be telling about me...

Okay so apprently I have no idea how to post an image from my computer, anyone know how to do that? >.>

• Like 1

"Do it now."

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines