Mini Challenge Thread: Week 6 FINISH THEM

Hammlin

At this rate, they're too many. Any chance we can extend the challenge to next week as well?

Six dead/captive imps in just one day and there are now double the number of rangers on the list from 24 hours ago...

It won't be easy, but we can do it. Red Beard needs us!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

QuirkyDM and Phytomancer are notching their guns...

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

So... I have to count how many chin-ups I did from which date?

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

Alright. Let's talk some math. We are gaining momentum on those dastardly imps. Everyone's really come in and rallied and it's helping a lot! I've seen ShadowLion recruiting like crazy, so props to her for growing the host of rangers and Level 1s to our cause.

It's still a big challenge. With 23 people on the list and 3 days left, the math says we need the following to win:

127 burpees per person per day

51 pullups per person per day

some combination of the above

We can't expect everyone to do this, so some of us will need to beat that number. But let's say you want to try and hit this? Then I give you this challenge:

Set a watch to go off every half hour. When it goes off, do 5 burpees or 2 pull ups. Over the course of the day, (13 hours) you'll have hit the goal. No one likes burpees, but 5 at a time is totally doable- it'll take about 30 seconds. And how many times in your life can you say you did over 100 burpees in a day? Not to mention, what a kick ass way to end a challenge.

• Like 3

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Alright. Let's talk some math. We are gaining momentum on those dastardly imps. Everyone's really come in and rallied and it's helping a lot! I've seen ShadowLion recruiting like crazy, so props to her for growing the host of rangers and Level 1s to our cause.

It's still a big challenge. With 23 people on the list and 3 days left, the math says we need the following to win:

127 burpees per person per day

51 pullups per person per day

some combination of the above

We can't expect everyone to do this, so some of us will need to beat that number. But let's say you want to try and hit this? Then I give you this challenge:

Set a watch to go off every half hour. When it goes off, do 5 burpees or 2 pull ups. Over the course of the day, (13 hours) you'll have hit the goal. No one likes burpees, but 5 at a time is totally doable- it'll take about 30 seconds. And how many times in your life can you say you did over 100 burpees in a day? Not to mention, what a kick ass way to end a challenge.

Guess who's not dozing off at work today?

Hats off for Shadowlion. And boy, QuirkyDM, that's some calculation! 

• Like 1

No one likes burpees

Speak for yourself, sir. I absolutely adore burpees :D

Question: Today's WOD included 4*10 pushups and 3*8 pullups, but since I can't do a proper pullup yet, I just had to jump, hold on for as long as I could and then release as slow as possible coming down. Are any of those any good for slaying imps?

• Like 1

Speak for yourself, sir. I absolutely adore burpees :D

Question: Today's WOD included 4*10 pushups and 3*8 pullups, but since I can't do a proper pullup yet, I just had to jump, hold on for as long as I could and then release as slow as possible coming down. Are any of those any good for slaying imps?

Heh. Well, I have to say that I somewhat like them, too. But somewhere around 25 I start thinking that maybe I'm not as fond of them as I think. :)

Negative pull ups count as 0.5 - that's worth 24 normal pull ups. Mark them down!

Look forward to having you and the other level 1ers joining us next challenge.

• Like 2

Quirky DM

Heh. Well, I have to say that I somewhat like them, too. But somewhere around 25 I start thinking that maybe I'm not as fond of them as I think. :)

Negative pull ups count as 0.5 - that's worth 24 normal pull ups. Mark them down!

Look forward to having you and the other level 1ers joining us next challenge.

I suppose you mean 12 points, since I did 3*8=24 and they count for half a point, so 24*0,5=12

And yes, I'd be glad to join you people. I knew I was a Ranger from the day I joined the boards, just wanted to complete my first challenge as a newbie before signing up officially with the guild

• Like 2

I suppose you mean 12 points, since I did 3*8=24 and they count for half a point, so 24*0,5=12

And yes, I'd be glad to join you people. I knew I was a Ranger from the day I joined the boards, just wanted to complete my first challenge as a newbie before signing up officially with the guild

And thus I lose all math credibility on a Nerd site.

LT%2B-%2BSylvester%2BJr.JPG

• Like 5

Quirky DM

I'm going to be scarce on the boards the next three days, as I am doing a Startup Weekend, but my breaks are going to be spent on burpees and modded pullups! (Please keep your fingers crossed for me that my fire sim training software is a go!) I'll post my numbers Sunday night at the latest...will try to update as go.

I only got to a fraction of the Rangers and Level Ones, so there's room for more recruiting, too!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I only got to a fraction of the Rangers and Level Ones, so there's room for more recruiting, too!

I have time now to do some recruiting!  I am going to rip off use the recruitment message you were posting if that's alright!

• Like 1

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

gallery_17054_1166_19358.jpg  X 14

Almost halfway there, from less than 20% only 36 hours ago!

Sixteen of those bloody imps left!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I have time now to do some recruiting!  I am going to rip off use the recruitment message you were posting if that's alright!

Go for it! Yay!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Updated... contributed another 15 pull-ups today. They were L-pull-ups, but it doesn't look like I get a bonus for those even though they're harder.

• Like 1

Level 5 Half-Dwarf Ranger

STR 15 - DEX 11 - STA 5 - CON 13 - WIS 13 - CHA 10

Attack Your Weaknesses!!!

Challenges: 1 (c&j) | 2 (c2b) | 3 (DU) | 4 (OHS) | 5 (DU+OHS) | Fitness Goals 2014

History...

• Started CrossFit in April 2013: 205 lbs., 0 pull-ups, 10-minute mile, 2:00 500m row, could barely air squat
  • November 2013: 175 lbs., 15 pull-ups, 8-minute mile, 1:34 row 500m, 235-lb. squat
  • December 2013: 19 rounds of Cindy, Fran 9:09
  • February 2014: DL 315, clean 175, c&j 155, snatch 125
  • March 2014: 25+ double-unders, 95-lb. overhead squat 1RM
  • April 2014: 47 DU; c&j BW@175
  • May 2014: 4x OHS@95
  • June 2014: 1:30 row 500m
  • July 2014: first muscle-up, first HSPU
  • Before and After Photos

NEARING THE END:

As the battle rages on your comrades are getting weary. Everyone is tired and barely making it. A few rangers seemed to have gathered a magical elixir at some point in the battle (was it on the imps’ belts?)

There are no legible words on the tiny bottles, just a giant star.

“What do you think? Should we drink them?” Someone near you asks.

RANGERS:

The following rangers are in possession of a bottle:

Darkfoxx

Skywalker

Kzacher

Raxie

Shadowlion

Spark

Xena

Elder

Phytomancer

The elixir inside allows them a x2 modifier on all burpees and pull ups!

(So every burpee they do from now on can count for double…)

They can either drink the elixir themselves

OR

Give it to another ranger and SIT OUT for the remainder of the weekend.

(If they give it to another ranger, that ranger can only drink one bottle)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

I'll drink anything! Gimme gimme!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goal is to get a capture and possible a kill this weekend.  A little boost would help me get beyond that goal.  *hint, hint*

• Like 1

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

You've got mine, smurray. I'll continue to my kill and capture 1:1.

Oh crap, edit, edit. I have to sit out. Wait let me think...

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I'd probably only get another 150 - 200 burpees and maybe another 50 or so pushups. With potion - 300 - 400 and 100.

What will you do? Or get a potion from someone that won't be able to do that many...

Quick! Somebody do the math. I'm just about to leave for that event...

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines