Zardoz: Onward! To glory!

Zardoz

All right, challenge time! I was feeling a bit sad/lost without challenges, so I am PUMPED for round two, especially with how well my level 1 rebel quest went! And so the progress continues! I think too that my questing will be a little more fervent. The boyfriend has upgraded his status to fiancee, and we're getting married in April! Woot! But by golly, I need to look good going down that aisle.

Basic stat things:

Female

5'6"

218 lbs

MAIN GOAL FOR NOW: Hit the 200lb mark or below in time for my wedding, April 11! (Alt title: fit into that pretty dress you like that's a size 16)

MAIN GOAL FOR THIS CHALLENGE: Hit 210lbs or get as far below as I can.

Mission for acquiring goal #1: Work out at least 5 days/week. Sunday will now be an obligatory rest day because there's just too much happening on Sundays to really fit a workout in.

Mission #2: Tighten up on that diet. I've been slacking, and need to get back on that. I also should focus more on eating proper, since working out is becoming less of an issue to get motivated to do.

Mission #3: Walk more! Or run a little. Just get out of the house and use dem legs.

Side Quests:

Side quest 1- Get those darned "save the date" cards out.

Side quest 2- Figure out what other major wedding things I should tackle now. I've got the venue, the dress, (most of?) the bridal party, and the photographer and DJ. Working on acquiring a preacher, but i'm not sure what all I should tackle in the time frame of now.

That's all I can immediately think of. So! ONWARD!

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

How much were you working out previous to starting the challenge? If after 2 weeks you're really tired despite getting good sleep, you might want to dial it down a little.  If you feel fine, then by all means- keep on rocking.  Also, was there a way to grade your goals?  Some people do a points system and others just give a letter grade per week and then average them. 

Looks solid. If you have any questions, feel free to post at the Tavern or send me a PM.  Good luck and have fun :)

Ha! I'm pretty sure that I'll blast past my goal come April, but one must always be prepared for the worst! I had been thinking of setting my 200 goal marker for this year's Dragon*con, but we'll see! Maybe I'll make that my hard mode goal. After all, I am anticipating the dreaded plateau any day now.

As to my previous challenge, I was going for a daily deal, but often found myself always having to cut Sunday, as I always pull 12 hour night shifts on Saturdays and Sunday night is tabletop night. So! I have learned from my past overenthusiastism! I've also never thought about grading my goals! Thanks for the idea! I'll have to look over other peoples' threads to acquire ideas. I really should reformat my starting post anyways. One can only make it look so pretty from a phone screen.

And since I already have a post up, my activity report from yesterday.

Exercise- Great! Not a great reason, though- darned cats tore through the window screen and one went missing (they're all indoors, all the time, so I was near ready to freak out). Got a LOT of walking in from scouring the neighborhood looking for him. Found him in the end, so all is well.

Foods- Not so great? Yeah, not so great. Went to the Indian place for buffet night, and though I restrained myself far better than in the past, I still had too much delicious Indian food. Oh, but I can eat Malai Kofta all day long.... Aside from that, all I had over the course of the day was water.

Questing!

Current / 1

A late report for day two's progress!

Exercise- Jarl Balgruuf shall explain...

1386456379_cv0ryo_1too174.gif

Got a round of DDP's "Fat Burner" in with the fiancee, and I went for a decent (30ish min) walk later in the evening! My neighborhood is also super hilly, so that has to account for something too? Maybe? I have found I walk a lot longer if I throw something to listen to on my phone. I sense tearing through a lot of Big Finish audio dramas in my future...

Foods- Some improvement. Didn't each too much yesterday.... okay, so I ate a lot of raspberries, but I also had some pita bread and hummus.

Side quest- Scheduled an appointment to meet with a preacher Monday after next! He seems like a cool dude. I am excited!

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

Day threeeeee!

Exercise- Another good day! It was rainy out, so I just went to Costco and wandered around there while shopping. The trip should have only been 15 minutes max, but I just meandered about for over an hour. Only succumbed to one impulse buy, too! Then I squeezed i n a DDP "Red Hot Core" session before work.

Food- there we go, it's improving! Handful of raspberries for breakfast, am old Fiber One bar for lunch, and delicious homemade chicken diane on rice for dinner. Dessert was a handful of raspberries. Again. I love berries, mmmmmm.

Tomorrow is gonna be a long, tough day, but I refuse to bow down to the will of being sleepy! Or time constraints! Got all the goodies I need to make a big batch of chicken enchilada stew when I get home in the morning, so there's gonna be some good healthy food for the next few days, nom nom.

• Like 2

Questing!

Current / 1

Maybe? I've never been very good at rationing out food. For too long I have just lived on a eating rotation of one big meal a day! So I'm slowly learning to/trying to spread my eating out over the course of the day/night/whatever my not-asleep hours are. The dinner was sizable, if nothing else.

Questing!

Current / 1

I also did that and now broke it into 3 meals and 2 snacks. Crazy hard in the begininning to keep to it but now I think my metabolism kicked into gear because I now need to eat as often as that.

Or if you cant do that try just 3 meals like a smoothie made with fruit, yougurt and oats for breakfast, a salad/veg or wrap for lunch and dinner like you had day 3 (sounds delicious)

Adventurer with a long way to go

Hnnnngh, so sleepy. Of COURSE I was woken up early on my long day. Ah well!

Exercise- Pretty good, considering the time constraints that come with my 12-hour shift nights. Took a nice walk around the neighborhood before work. Managed to not get rained on, which is a bonus!

Food- Meh, feel like I ate too much. Had a hot dog for breakfast (which I almost immediately regretted), then my delicious chicken enchilada stew was finished right before work. Managed to inhale a small bowl while I packaged the rest, and brought a smallbowl in for work. It has since been eaten. Provided that the fiancee does not tear into the leftover stew with his usual gusto, I've got enough to last me through the weekend!

Questing!

Current / 1

Late report due to unexpected having to do things at work, so here goes!

Exercise- Meh, I'd give it a B+. Fiancee and I tried out DDP Yoga's "Mix Tape." It kicked our butts. Hard. No walking, though.

Food- Not so great. Did make a lovely dinner, but I think I had too much of it. Then we went out for frozen yogurt, which really was perfect for the weather we were having. Then at work in the morning I had a sugar donut. It was free. Though it gave me a boost of energy that I would up needing, since I wound up staying at work an hour late.

Sleep schedule is also starting to slip up again. I go to bed like clockwork... Better than I've ever done in my life, but the past few days I've been waking up earlier and earlier. Hmm...

Questing!

Current / 1

As with the last challenge, I shall be using Saturdays for weighing in, since Saturday is the only day I am guaranteed to work every week. Easy access to a medical scale, why yes!

And the result... 216 lbs! Joy! Fanfare!

Exercise for the day- Excellent for a 12-hour shift day! The weather was too perfect and I was sleepless, so I took a good hour walk around the neighborhood. Even explored some new streets I had not explored yet.

Food- Not bad! Had a hot dog before work and a small bowl of chicken enchilada stew at work. Toying with the motion to amble down to the cafeteria when it opens to grab a breakfast-y thing. We'll see.

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

Thanks, KingLeeroy! Hope all goes well with you too!

Yesterday's update is late, whoops. I passed out the instant I got home.

Exercise- Good! Another 12-hour work day, so no time for much, but I got DDP's "Energy" workout in. Also had to run around at work a lot too. Mondays are always so darned busy.... (Helpful tip in life: Avoid the ER on a Monday if you can help it.)

Food- Not bad. Had some pierogies with sauteed onions before work, and the last of my chicken enchilada soup at work. I was bad, though, and had a donut and a slice of angel food cake. I needed the sugar, though.

Questing!

Current / 1

Another day grinds by. And the results are in!

Exercise- Unexpectedly good! Was going to make it a night off when one of our friends planned to come by and hang out all evening before my work shift, but he got held up for a good forty minutes. The fiancee and I took the chance to take a walk around the neighborhood.

Food- Meh. I need to ration/plan things out better. Had a small sandwich at DiBella's (though even their small subs are big in my opinion), and... That's about it. Snagged a packet of saltines and am sipping some hot coca now, but by golly am I hungry. I plan to hit up the cafeteria when it opens. The only question is: oatmeal or cottage cheese and fruit? Hmmmmm....

Questing!

Current / 1

Alaaas, I went with the cottage cheese and fruit, though it was mostly strawberries. Mmmm, strawberries. I also seem to have broken my streak of crap sleep, huzzah! Thank you, brutal work schedule!

Exercise- Awesome! Did DDP Yoga's "Below the Belt" in the insufferable sweatbox that was my house today. Got more than my money's worth on that workout! Heck, I felt like jumping into the shower afterwards was to dry me off.

Food- I admit it: this is gonna be a bad week for food. Not too bad! Just a little bad. Dinner was a small plate of pierogies and sauteed onions (my current go-to dish when the fiancee is out of the house and I can't be arsed to cook properly for myself). Then I had a big bowl of ice cream. Tasty stuff, yo. I am hungry now though, so I may wander down to the cafeteria and see what wooooonderful selection they offer at 3am.

Pointless update: Nabbed some egg rolls. Resisted the lure of cannolis. Delicious cannolis. But the egg rolls were about the least-awful choices they had. Tasted pretty good, too.

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

Well, might as well fess up to my day now...

Bad Zardoz! Got nothing done in terms of productivity or working out, and I ate poorly (nom nom pizza). But you know what? I feel pretty good. After all that's been going on, it was nice to take a day off from everything and blow off ALL OF THE THINGS. Gotta have one of those days now and again, and today was that day for me.

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

As promised, I am back to behaving well!

Exercise- Nothing too special here. Did DDP Yoga's "Energy" routine with the fiancee. I was going to take a late night walk through the neighborhood, but now it is raining. Oh well...

Food- I am suffering from the pizza's aftereffects, and so have eaten very little. All I had was a plate of chicken diane and rice from dinner. Craving ice cream like MAD, though. It is taking all my willpower to not hop in the car and drive somewhere to buy a carton.

• Like 1

Questing!

Current / 1

I get food hangovers too.

Eat something healthy and move your butt and soon you will be feeling awesome again!

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

It's so weird. I never had food hangovers before. Madness, I say! Pure madness!

And, being that it's a Saturday night, it's weighing time! 214 lbs!!! How the heck am I losing the weight like clockwork? It's weird but awesome!

Exercise- Meh, did not do as much as I could have. DDP Yoga's "Red Hot Core" was all I did. If I had rolled out of bed earlier I could have tacked another something on before work, but alas. I was enjoying sleeping too much. Been trying to scuttle around work as much as I can to keep moving, at least.

Food- Meeeeh. Another lazy dish of sauteed onions and pierogies before work. Then at work there was cake. I had two small pieces, which pretty much averages out to one normal sized piece. And then I acquired more egg rolls at work. I need to set up more batch cooking before work, especially since this next week is gonna be a tough one.

Questing!

Current / 1

Sounds like you are working on developing some good routines, just need some tweaking. I noticed that your diet goal is pretty vague (not really specific or measurable), so you might have more success (and be less hard on yourself!) if you choose something to focus on, like eating some number of servings of veggies or grams of protein or whatever other thing might trigger positive diet changes. Same deal with your walking goal--pick a certain amount to walk each week so that you have a clear idea of whether you succeeded.

Congrats on the engagement! You mentioned that one of your current goals is figuring out what all makes sense to do at this point in terms of planning--I'm getting married next weekend (eek!), and I found that I relaxed a lot once we had determined the stuff you mentioned plus had food and drinks worked out (maybe that's part of your venue). So you seem like you're in great shape! I also really appreciated this checklist (and the whole site, but that depends more on your style :) ): http://offbeatbride.com/checklist. You're probably getting a lot of unsolicited advice from all sorts of sources, so sorry to add to that, but I hope it helps!

Good luck with your goals and with the wedding planning!

• Like 1

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 6 | CON 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 5

current challenge

third challenge | second challenge | first challenge

Thanks snark! I've heard offbeat bride mentioned a few times. I may have to check it out! And yeah, I should shore up or just drop tracking my food.

Sorry for not having been around the past few days. They have not been good days, motivation-wise. Had a good chunk of wedding things taken care of (yay!), had my first clash with my mother on wedding plans (I'm surprised it took so long!), and then issues with the drain for my washer (boo!). Now I have a lovely long stretch of work going along, so of course I won't be able to tackle my washer until Monday. Good thing we just did our laundry.

Today was a pretty decent day. Got the photography/videography booked! Then the fiancee and I went out for Japanese for dinner, and then we took a nice 3-ish mile walk before I had to scuttle off to work.

Questing!

Current / 1

Herp derp. Meant to post yesterday, but I fell asleep almost the moment I got home. Whooops.

Yesterday was a decent day. Did I eat a lot? No. Was it good stuff that I ate? Nope, not really. Oh well, that's what I get with late night hospital food. Did get in a good round of DDP Yoga's "Energy" before work! That was a thing.

Today I slept. A lot. So much that I only could manage to slip in a short 20 minute walk before work. Then I picked up Chipotle on the way in and just had that for dinner. It looks like that's all I'm getting in me tonight. Oh well. One more 12-hour shift to go after this! Then I can go back to just being demotivated from the summer heat. Stupid summer heat.

Questing!

Current / 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines