• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

freddyfly

Freddyfly Wants to be Athlete Extraordinaire!

Ok that may be an overstatement...but really it would be awesome.

Anyway, my main quest is actually for this weekend (can I do that?).  Here it is:

Main Quest:

Under 3 hours in olympic distance triathlon on June 14.  (if that is too soon, I'm planning on signing up for another in July or August as well).

How?

• Run 1x per week.  There is a team workout on Tuesday mornings at 6am that I'd like to get to every week.  However, that has not happened yet this summer.  Also refer to life quest.
  • Bike 1x per week.  Biking to work is separate and does not count as bike workout.  Bike workout may be road or mountain as I have just discovered my love of mountain biking.
  • Hike 1x per week.  Refer to previous challenge "Freddyfly's Grand Quest". 

But why is there no swim goal?  Well, swimming is my strongest leg and I REALLY need to work on the other 2 so swimming improvement does not count towards being athlete extraordinaire.

Life Quest:

Wake up with alarm.  As in less snoozing and coming into work later than I'd like.  This should help me get to that running workout on Tuesday mornings.  Hopefully.  I used to be SO GOOD at waking up with my alarm and I'm not sure how this happened.  Any tips?

• Like 1

Sigh...Off to a bad start.  Hit snooze until after I was supposed to be at the track workout.  How can I break this terrible habit?  I used to get up as soon as the alarm rang!  Now I can turn it off in my sleep and not even notice.  :livid:

Hit snooze until after I was supposed to be at the track workout.  How can I break this terrible habit?

Move the alarm far, far away from the bed.

Nice goal! I hope you reach it! Also, may I present to you, your new alarm tone:

Thanks!  I'll have to use that!

Move the alarm far, far away from the bed.

Hmm yes I should try that.  I did do this before but I don't think it was far enough away since my monkey arms could still reach it by just sitting up.  (and promptly laying back down and falling asleep)

Update for today:

I have a water polo game tonight (not part of my goals), so will not be making any progress.  However, I shall be moving my alarm clock away from my bed tonight!

• Like 1

Monday Update!

I successfully completed my Olympic Triathlon this weekend!  However I did not go under 3 hours (groooaaannnn :sour:) but my time was 3:07:18.4.  So close.  The bike was ridiculously windy and what was supposed to be downhill ended up being more work than the uphill so I shall blame the wind.  Surprisingly, the run was not as bad as I thought as that is usually where I struggle the most.

Here are my splits in case you are interested:

Swim   23:32.8    (pace) 14:43

T1         1:42.5

Bike  1:35:46.2    (rate)  15.7mph

T2          1:20.4

Run  1:04:56.3    (pace) 10:28/mi

3:07:18.4

I'm pretty damn proud of that.  Oh, AND I took 3rd in my age group!  W00T! :excitement:

As for my other goals for last week, I did mountain bike on Friday but no hiking/running (unless I can count the race).

I did move my alarm far away from my bed but I seem to rationalize getting back into bed for various reasons...I'll try to make the run workout tomorrow morning!

Woohoo-congrats on the triathalon-those are super impressive!

Thank you!  I'm going to try to keep the training going (although the track workout was cancelled this morning).  I should be doing lots of hiking next week since I'll be on vacation in Glacier also!

Oh man, I've been slacking on the updates...My apologies :(

June 16 Week:

I did bike and hike once but no running.  The Tri team moved their running practices to a farther venue so I can't make it to work at a decent time if I go.  And I don't have much motivation to run by myself.  I did also go rock climbing this week as well!

June 23 Week:

Vacation!  Went to Glacier National Park so I got lots of hiking in but no biking or running.

June 30 Week:

Mountain biked this week!  But that's it...

July 7 Week:

Not over yet, but am trying to get everything back together after the holiday weekend and Glacier trip.  Takes me awhile to get back into a groove, I guess.  And it's HOT here.  I miss winter!

Life Quest:

I moved my alarm away from my bed but my sleepy brain rationalizes getting back into bed until the alarm goes off again.  I've gotten a little better but there is still a long way to go.

• Like 1