What's your own personal motto

1. "Less talk, more action" (often expressed less kindly as "Just shut up and do it"). Used to tell myself when I tended to over-analyze before doing something. By now I mainly think of it when other people in the gym complain and whine. Just thinking of it, though I'd like to say it to some.

2. "Bite of more than you can chew, then chew it". Even have this printed and posted opposite my bed so I can see it at the start of each day. Reminds me to never fear and settle for lower goals than what I can really aspire to.

3. "It's just a ride" when I tend to get depressed, frustrated or generally take life too seriously. Thank you Mr. Bill Hicks for liberating my mind and changing my life.

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

I went to gmm (a metal festival) last weekend and one of the bands had a song with the perfect message, something most if not all of us seem to live by.

Born to bleed, fighting to succeed. Built to endure what this world throws at me.

(Hatebreed - In ashes they shall reap)

I've added it to my list of sayings in any case since it just got stuck in my head ever since I heard it.

• Like 1

"Make your own luck".

Doesn't really apply to lifting as that just ("just"? Makes it sound easy but you know what I mean!) needs discipline to stick to a steady progression, but it applies to much of life where there is a random element.

For example, I bowl in my cricket team. I haven't been very reliable so I don't get given many overs to bowl because I concede too many runs. Sometimes you take a wicket when you've bowled a bad ball and you just get lucky, but I just wasn't getting to bowl enough overs to give me a chance to have that lucky break. This season though I'm bowling much more consistently so I get given more overs - and the wickets are coming! I'm not desperately trying to bowl for wickets, just bowling cheaply so I get given more overs by the captain. I'm making my own luck, or at least making sure I'm standing in the way when luck comes by!

Also at work. I try to pipe up, suggest things, make myself known. You never know when someone senior will say "hey thats a great idea" - but if you don't say it they never will.

• Like 1

"Another day in paradise" I'm known for saying this almost to the point of being annoying, especially to the pessimists. Come back to the whole life is what you make of it or glass half full ideas.

"For there is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so" -Shakespeare

Be positive!

• Like 1

Level 1 Half-Orc Barbarian Ranger, Chaotic Good
STR:2 DEX:0 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:2 CHA:0

Do not wait to strike the iron while it is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Lose ten pounds Battle Log Quest I

"Nothing is true; Everything is permitted." Certainly, it's a direct rip from the Assassin's Creed series, but on a much deeper level, it's also patently true -- and nearly universally applicable. That pain that makes you want to quit? Isn't truly there. Think you can't do a pull-up, talk to that hawt chick, run a 5k, whatever? Wrong. Everything is permitted, if you permit yourself to do it..

Another couple favorites I like, courtesy of LTG Hal Moore (USA, Ret):

"Three strikes and you're not out."

"When there's nothing wrong, there's nothing wrong ... except for the fact that there's nothing wrong."

http://youtu.be/wGNxHMFjigA  <--- worth a watch, whether you're in the military, LE, Fire, or not. :positive:

• Like 2

Insert witty & pithy saying here.

Like this idea Hong WeiLoh thoughts definitely have a powerful effect on the body. I think one of the things that really proves this is the placebo effect. Just thinking your getting something to effect the body has effects on the body. So it makes sense that this would apply to other areas of life.

• Like 1

Level 1 Half-Orc Barbarian Ranger, Chaotic Good
STR:2 DEX:0 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:2 CHA:0

Do not wait to strike the iron while it is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Lose ten pounds Battle Log Quest I

I like, "If my bad is pound, my good is a tonne" It's a shorter version of one that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson posted a while back but I like it I look to it in moments of doubt regarding my diet or if I lack motivation. Another good one is "Once more into the fray, to the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day" taken from the Liam Neeson film "The Grey" Really good quote not really a motto, I like to think of it as I'm going into the gym.

"What are you afraid of, waking up and finding this is what dreams are made of?"

basically "Why aren't you doing ........? Are you afraid you might enjoy it?"

I heard this in a song years ago. one line out of all the songs ive ever heard that has stuck with me, don't know what song and have never been able to find it again :(

recently got it tattooed on my inner bicep.

Using Tapatalk

"In this world, you will have trouble. but take heart, for I have overcome the world." John 16:33

• Like 1

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald