What's your own personal motto

Boy, I kind of have a ton of phrases that get me through my days. some of them are quite long winded lol. and one is of my own design inspired by Calvin Coolidge so here's like the highlight reel:

1st is one of my own design " Perpetual Persistence Prevails Preeminently."

"Strength and Honor"

-Gladiator

"If you think you can do a thing, or you can't do a thing, you're right."

- Henry Ford

and when worried about change and such I will always think of The Doctor

â€œWe all change, when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you’ve got to keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.â€

-The Doctor

I could probably go on with an entire thread of these on my own. These, I think, are my favorite.

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

OK, here's another:

When I am in a sober mood I worry, work and think.

When I am in a drunken mood I gamble, fight and drink.

But when my time is over, and all moods have come to pass

I hope they bury me facing down so the world can kiss my ass

I've seen some good mottos here. Mine depends on my mood. The angel on my right shoulder says:

Galatians 6:9 "Do not become weary in doing good, for at the right time you will reap a harvest if you do not give up."

The devil on my left, however says: 

"Dreaming frees the soul, energizes the spirit and allows you to do things that would get you thrown in jail if you really tried them."

Of course, there's always my fall back, "Sleep is for the dead, I'll worry about it then."

• Like 1

--Dreaming frees the soul, energizes the spirit and allows you to do things that would get you thrown in jail if you really tried them.--

Fantastic topic :)  I have a few I use, in a different situations, I apply them not only to fitness or diet, but to life in general.

Little by little, a little becomes a lot - when I'm feeling like I'm not achieving much and start feeling defeated/deflated. I also use a more wordy version "Persistence will always, eventually, overcome resistance" if it's something I find particularly challenging.

What's the worst case scenario?- I ask myself this when I'm feeling socially awkward, or trying something new-ish and I'm lacking in self-confidence. My internal response is usually that "I'll look like an idiot, or "People will laugh at me". I then ask myself if I care that much about people who would judge me for whatever action it is I'm about to take, and the answer is always a resounding "NO".

The only other worst thing that can happen is that I suck at it, and it's my attitude that it's more important for me to try it and suck, than not to try at all. This is kind of a "You win some, you learn some" attitude. I really don't believe in losing/failure if you've really given it your best efforts, you just haven't achieved it yet.

• Like 1

Level 2 | Adventurer | Lycan

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

How the story begins..     Doodlie Buddies

Challenge 1   Challenge 2

Str: 1      Dex: -       Sta: 4       Cha: 1       Con: 5       Wis:  4

"There's a trick to it: you either do it or you die"

I'm not sure where I read/heard/thought this.  I wanna say Bruce Lee?  Anywho, it's pretty easy to understand.  You do something, or it kills you.  Rucking for 12 miles with 40 pounsd on your back isn't easy.  I've chanted that phrase for hours as I take one more step.  I've said it before big lifts.  You do it... or it kills you.  There is no middle ground because the middle ground is a slow, sad death.

In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas.

Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

You either do it or you die.

Battle Log

I know I mentioned a few favorites earlier in the thread, but here's one that has stuck with me since I re-watched the latest Conan movie...

“I have known many gods. He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. I seek not beyond death. It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains and vaulted halls of the Nordheimer's Valhalla. I know not, nor do I care. Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.”

I just love the simple, single-minded passion reflected there.  Live boldly, experience anything and everything, and be happy with life.

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

"Priorities and Perspective"

Know what your Priorities are, define them e.g. Family, Friends, Work, Self, Religion etc (your order may vary)

and when presented with a situation causing you angst look at it in Perspective, "Is this really a dire a it seems?", "Is this important or perhaps not important enough" etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aneralled the level 6 Hound Archon, Warrior-Druid 

STR 11|DEX 4|CON 8.5|STA 10.5|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel,       I don’t compare myself to others,        I know I impact those around me 
  and today is the first day            only to myself from yesterday.            with my actions, and so I must 
  of the rest of my life.                I shall not brag about successes           move forward, every day. 
I shall make no excuses               nor complain about my struggles,    I acknowledge fear, doubt, and
  and hold no grudges.                 but share my experiences and           despair, but I do not let them
I care not where I came from,       help my fellow Rebels.                        defeat me. I pledge my life and
  only where I am going.                                                                              honor for the Rebellion, for 
                                                                                                                         this day and all the days to come. 

"Plan your work, work your plan" - My mentor (probably someone else but I choose to liken it to him since he said it so much to me)

I like it so much because 1/3 is a variation of the word "You". It's your journey, your life, your success, your failure.

Calamity, Level 1 Gargoyle Warrior
STR 3|DEX 0|STA 3|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 1

"Kill the rebels."

No idea where I got it from. I say it when customers are being a pain in the ass. So, yeah around every minute? :P

One other thing, the more serious one. When I was sulking about something. My dad told me, translated to English:"Cheer up, nobody gets out of life, alive." Stuck in my head ever since. And I smiled some more apparently. 

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

Recently I came up with three rules for myself:

1) Never settle for mediocre.

2) Always strive to be at your best.

3) Always have a back up plan.

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa

"F**!$ it"

Pretty much essentially what I tell myself when I'm questioning whether or not I should do something. It's simple, but it works, and that's all that really matters.

I guess another one of mine would be: "I want to change the world, and be remembered."

That's my answer when someone asks me what I want to do with my life or in my future. If they think it's crazy or irrational, my first motto comes into play with "it" changed to "'em." I have no time for negativity.

Level 1 Beast. No other modes necessary

"Kill the kobold!!"

Said to myself when looking at previous favorite foods and trying to decide how badly I want to not binge it.

Dwarvish Assassin

Level 12

Start: 184 /BMI 32.6 /Body fat % 51.

Now: 163/BMI 27.6/Body fat % 39.

“You can pay me in handstands. Exercise is now a legitimate form of currency.â€- Ancient D.Paladin Proverb

There are a lot of great quotes out there that put a smile on my face, but my favorite by far is:

"Never let anyone dull your sparkle"

I love shiny and sparkling things and I think everyone has a little glitter in their veins. Everyone is different and everyone should be able to shine no matter what!

64xs3jC.jpg