What's your own personal motto

3. (Bonus!) "God, please grant me paitience because if you give me strength, I'm going to punch somebody." I say this to myself several times every day. It's oddly liberating.

This one is awesome!  Glad I'm working from home today, otherwise I would have had some serious explaining to do to my fellow denizens of Cubeville.

"The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra"

"Always give 100% in everything you do...  unless you're donating blood"

Weight Below 240 Pounds

15.1%
15.1%

And now for my life motto...  

"Some men see things as they are, and say 'Why?'  I see things that never were, and say 'Why Not?'"

Too many people only look at what's around them and lose that sense of wonder.  I prefer to see what's there and imagine what we could do to make it better, or more fun!

"The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra"

"Always give 100% in everything you do...  unless you're donating blood"

Weight Below 240 Pounds

15.1%
15.1%

"better to die on your feet than live on your knees", sometimes seen as "better to die a free man than live as a slave". Seems pretty self explanatory.

Also "Death before dishonor" and "Live free or die"

• Like 1

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. "-Henry Rollins

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan

"Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Tears are acceptable. Pain is acceptable. Injury is acceptable. Quitting is unacceptable"

For working out:

"The only exercise wasted is the one left undone."

For Life issues and what not:

"Be Paladin." (of the Broful Chill alignment)

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait and wait without anxiety 

This reminds me of one I've heard...

"Worry is misuse of the imagination"

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I borrow mine from Red Green:

"I'm a man...I can change...if I have to...I guess..."

"If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy," could work too. ;-) 

My dad and I used to watch marathons of this show together. So great.

• Like 1

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Respawn. | #1 | Current Challenge.

"Don't be a pussy"

Gets me moving on all but the most difficult things. There are millions of people who have done more courageous things than the stupid small things that that make me hesitate out of fear. This phrase selfshames me into defensive action. Afterwards, I reflect and realize that it wasn't so difficult/painful/regretful. It's very effective for the daily grind.

I still don't have a trick for the things I fear the most. I don't think a mantra will be enough.

"Don't be a pussy"

Gets me moving on all but the most difficult things. There are millions of people who have done more courageous things than the stupid small things that that make me hesitate out of fear. This phrase selfshames me into defensive action. Afterwards, I reflect and realize that it wasn't so difficult/painful/regretful. It's very effective for the daily grind.

I still don't have a trick for the things I fear the most. I don't think a mantra will be enough.

Jump to 1:30... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you work hard and believe in yourself.

Actually, I follow Van Halen: "It's my life, It's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever"

• Like 2

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

This is one I've had to revert to a couple times lately.... modified slightly to more reflect more my feelings.

"I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Beatrice_Hall

My first challenge

I love every single one of these! 

Mine is "You can always laugh about it later"

No matter how hard the situation is, when time passes you start to see the comedic value of it. Especially if you're having the worst of days. So what I've learned to do is instead of being annoyed when things don't go my way I try to see the comedy of it all as it is happening. It also helps to imagine how you're going to tell about it to your friends and make it the joke of the day :D

Also, another one that is really simple but what everyone needs in their day: "Remember to stay positive!"

Before you attempt to remove the speck from your brothers eye, be sure to remove the plank from your own.

I'm not a religious person, but I must admit, most religious texts contain a whole lot of good life lessons. This one just reminds me that so long as I remain imperfect, I have no right to complain about other people's imperfections. Even if people do things that really bother me, I have to remember that sometimes I do things that bother other people. And this belief is amongst those things that bother other people (apparently I should be joining them in their mass bitching sessions about whoever isn't present at the time)

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses