What's your own personal motto

Mine has a kind of personal story behind it.  

I've always had a really great relationship with my family. Most people don't realize it because we are REALLY mean to each other, but that's how we show affection. Anyway, my dad and I are constantly swapping insults and puns. Sometimes at the same time. One day, I showed him this picture:: 

l104404658.jpg

I'm pretty sure his response was supposed to be one of our loving insults, but it stuck with me. Mainly because it's kinda true...

"Hey, it's you! Because we both know that no matter how much weight that rhino loses, he will never be a unicorn..."

And it got me thinking. Yeah, I'm totally NOT built like a slender, graceful unicorn, and I never will be.

But I could totally be a badass rhino, and I'm okay with that. :D

• Like 2

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."

I apply this to everything now. Right at this moment, I'm trying to figure out how to go into freelancing for illustration. It scares me half to death.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

"Do something with confidence and nobody will ever doubt you"

Basically, just do what you wanna do and do it your way. Don't care what people are gonna think or say. Nobody doubts or questions people who are confident. Even if you're not confident about doing something or you're nervous, just act confident. Or act it as much as possible. Maybe easier said than done, but the more you try it the easier it will get. And the more you'll achieve.

I got this one from my grandfather. Which is odd, given that I have no actual memories of him:

"Work harder, you can rest in your grave"

Dwarf Warrior

Level 2| Str 4| Dex 1| Con 3| Sta 3| Wis 1| Cha 1|

Spoiler

Deadlift 2x BW

80%
80%

Squat 1x BW

74%
88%

Floor press 1x BW

86%
86%

Press .75x BW

79%
79%

"A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry"

Daily battle log

Current challenge

“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.â€

Theodore Roosevelt

or pretty much anything that from that guy, he is the man I always wanted to grow up to be.

• Like 3

Goal 1: To lose 90lbs!

15%
15%

Goal 2: Cut 5 minutes out of my 5k time
0%
0%

Goal 3: Complete the Spartan 300 Plank Challenge
16%
16%

Level: 0

Race: Half Orc

Battle Log Current Challenge

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

I have to pick one of Coco's quotes as she is an amazing woman and one of the few people in history I would love to sit down and have a conversation with.

There's a negative for that in the career world.

"If you ever want to be promoted, never be irreplaceable, because you can never be replaced."

-My Dad who ended up being irreplaceable.

Goal 1: To lose 90lbs!

15%
15%

Goal 2: Cut 5 minutes out of my 5k time
0%
0%

Goal 3: Complete the Spartan 300 Plank Challenge
16%
16%

Level: 0

Race: Half Orc

Battle Log Current Challenge

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

I know it probably sounds like I'm joking, but mine would probably have to be "haters gonna hate." I say it a lot because it's widely applicable and I think there's just no better way to get the meaning across. Although I often say it to try to reassure people and they never take it seriously, probably because I'm one of the whitest people you'd ever meet.

Some people will never be satisfied and will always find something to criticize you for, even if it's completely ridiculous. But you can't let people like that control your life. Haters gonna hate.

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

I have to pick one of Coco's quotes as she is an amazing woman and one of the few people in history I would love to sit down and have a conversation with.

Look in the mirror before you go out and remove one accessory.

-- paraphrased.

Words to live by.

"When you stop chasing the Wrong things, you give the Right things a chance to catch up to you."

My motto for 2015

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I think mine is 

"Don't let anxiety win" I have daily battles against anxiety, and if I ever let go for one moment I'm afraid I'll never get back up.

• Like 1

Ent - Level 3

Strength (STR) - 6     Dexterity (DEX) - 0.5     Stamina (STA) - 2.5     Constitution (CON) - 2     Wisdom (WIS) - 2.75     Charisma (CHA) - 0

Squat 50 kg Current weight: 42,5

85%
85%

Short term goal to finish a 30 day squat challenge.

100%
100%

"Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears." - Marcus Aurelius

And one from me personally- "Quit bitching and just do it" ;)

There's a negative for that in the career world.

"If you ever want to be promoted, never be irreplaceable, because you can never be replaced."

-My Dad who ended up being irreplaceable.

I ran into this problem myself, became skilled enough in enough areas of the job for one section of my company that I kept getting called back when I would try to go do something else. Ended up having to go work for a completely different section of the company.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Are we going by what we say the most?

If that's the case, my personal motto is, "Sign inside the box, and hit 'done'."

If this is the case, mine would be 'Do you need tracking on that, or to get it there quickly?', followed closely by 'Do you have I.D. on you?"

For realz, though, two of mine are in my signiature, the first if from a Tom Robbins book (Just Another Roadside Attraction, I think), and pretty much sums up how I deal with people. The second is from the miniseries of Generation Kill, and is said by Lt. Fick, who's character I admire (I also admire him in real life, based on his book). To me it means that it's important to know what's going on around you but to not let yourself get caught up in things.

Other than those, it'd probably be 'There's a bright side to everything', which, despite not considering myself an optimist, I truly believe.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Mine usually come from song lyrics that grab me. Right now I am on a Passenger binge and with a recent death in the family, and my kid spending Christmas in the ICU (he's out now!) this one really hits home...

Don’t you cry for the lost

Smile for the living

Get what you need and give what you’re given

Life’s for the living so live it

Or you’re better off dead

Wood Elf Waywatcher | Level 0
Strength: 0 | Dexterity: 0 | Stamina: 0 | Constitution: 0 | Wisdom: 0 | Charisma: 0

Intro | Lv1 Challenge | My walk to Mordor... And back again tracker | The road to Rivendell began 01/01/15. 32km completed, 701km to go!

"Don't sweat the small stuff.  It's all small stuff."

• Like 2

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-