AlleyKat Deals a New Deck

6/9

I may have overshot my abilities, but that's all the more to work towards; [insert some self motivation here about being more rewarding in the end and all]. It's a journey of self-discovery. Pulled my shoulder a bit not looking straight, but I iced it like tea and it'll be fine for Wednesday.

No breaks.

Dive Bombers - 8

Close Pushups - 4

Regular Pushups - 9

Diamond Pushups - 1 (ouch!)

Frog Pushups - 0

Hundu Squats - 14

Walking Lunges - 7 (each side)

Falling Tower - 0

Karate Squats - 6 (each side)

Bear Squat - 5 (also ouch!)

Dolphin Pushups - 1

V-ups - 7

Slide Planks w/ Leg Lift - 2 (each side)

Gracie Drill - 2 (each side)

Diet - Okely Dokely

NCLEX Studying - None today

AlleyKat - Level 2 - Astro Mycologist

STR - 5, DEX - 2, STA - 4, CON - 2, WIS - 5, CHA - 2

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan

Rec. swim with family. We had plenty (7-8, back and forth) of races the short way across an Olympic sized pool.

I'm not counting it as part of my challenge, but it's exercise nonetheless.

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan

Diet for yesterday was fine.

No breaks.

Dive Bombers - 9

Close Pushups - 5

Regular Pushups - 7

Diamond Pushups - 1

Frog Pushups - 0

Hundu Squats - 17

Walking Lunges - 8 (each side)

Falling Tower - 3

Karate Squats - 9 (each side)

Bear Squat - 6 

Dolphin Pushups - 3

V-ups - 8

Slide Planks w/ Leg Lift - 3 (each side)

Gracie Drill - 4 (each side)

Need to get some NCLEX review in tonight, or start waking up earlier. 

-Carl Sagan

Still Paleoin'...

Two more NCLEX days and one more bodyweight workout for the week, and week one will be MINE!

I'm going to start recording (as in visually) my workouts to make sure my form is good.

-Carl Sagan

No breaks.

Dive Bombers - 10

Close Pushups - 5

Regular Pushups - 10

Diamond Pushups - 2

Frog Pushups - 1 (WHO's awesome today???? It's me - I have liquid awesome extract in my freakin' veins!!!!)

Hundu Squats - 18

Walking Lunges - 10 (each side)

Falling Tower - 7

Karate Squats - 9 (each side)

Bear Squat - 7

Dolphin Pushups - 7

V-ups - 12

Slide Planks w/ Leg Lift - 5 (each side)

Gracie Drill - 5 (each side)

-Carl Sagan

Paleo'd yesterday.

Finished my NCLEX studying requirement for the week today.

Week 1 is almost over, and week 2 is lookin' mighty fine. I'm ready for tomorrow's workout.

-Carl Sagan

I thought today would be terrible...I was putting off my workout and still hadn't ate anything (last week in Summer A classes...lots to do, not so much time) and finally decided to grow a pair and get it over with around 1:30ish.

Maybe not eating helps...

Dive Bombers - 15!

Close Pushups - 7

Regular Pushups - 12

Diamond Pushups - 2

Frog Pushups - 1 (still awesome...)

Hundu Squats - 20

Walking Lunges - 10 (each side)

Falling Tower - 10

Karate Squats - 11 (each side)

Bear Squat - 8

Dolphin Pushups - 8

V-ups - 15

Slide Planks w/ Leg Lift - 5 (each side)

Gracie Drill - 7 (each side)

Maintained my Paleocity yesterday...have hot strawberry soup (nuked frozen strawberries...looks gross, tastes pretty good) waiting next to me now.

-Carl Sagan

Stalk stalk

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ha ha!!!

Oh, circus monkeys.....so evil...

They can't help it, ya know. It's in their nature - their tiny, tiny phone monkey nature.

• Like 1

-Carl Sagan

Paleo yesterday, but not enough kcals. I was busy, not hungry (never am, now), and needed to go to the grocery store. I tried to make these baked bacon egg things and having never baked eggs before, sent them straight to EggHell in the oven. So, yesterday was roughly 500-600 kcals, and that's estimating high. :(

Bad planning. Hope it doesn't mess with today's workout. I'm not going to let it mess with today's workout. But, I will wait until early afternoon to get it in.

-Carl Sagan

Paleo yesterday, but not enough kcals. I was busy, not hungry (never am, now), and needed to go to the grocery store. I tried to make these baked bacon egg things and having never baked eggs before, sent them straight to EggHell in the oven. So, yesterday was roughly 500-600 kcals, and that's estimating high. :(

Bad planning. Hope it doesn't mess with today's workout. I'm not going to let it mess with today's workout. But, I will wait until early afternoon to get it in.

I've done this. A LOT. I underplan or forget a snack or two and before I know it I'm going to sleep and I've had less than 600 cals. I've been gauging myself (or trying to) throughout the day, having bananas and peanut butter on hand does a pretty good job at upping the cals for not a lot of eating, quick fix, but needed once in a while!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

It was a weird day yesterday. I literally had nothing I could eat in the house that was Paleo friendly. I should have picked up bananas....mmmmmm, so yummy. Peanut butter is out for me, but sometimes I mush up bananas with coconut milk and cinnamon and cook it into an oatmeal-like substance. If there's any left over, they get made into popsicles.

I got my workout in, though to be honest I wasn't 100% into it today - it's one of those days it was a huge achievement just to get it done. I did up some numbers still. I got to see my hubby (he works 2 jobs) and that was super nice. I'm trying to talk him into the next 6 week challenge. 

Dive Bombers - 16

Close Pushups - 7

Regular Pushups - 13

Diamond Pushups - 2

Frog Pushups - 1 

Hundu Squats - 21

Walking Lunges - 11 (each side)

Falling Tower - 10

Karate Squats - 11 (each side)

Bear Squat - 10

Dolphin Pushups - 10

V-ups - 15

Slide Planks w/ Leg Lift - 6 (each side)

-Carl Sagan

Dive Bombers - 17

Close Pushups - 7

Regular Pushups - 13

Diamond Pushups - 2

Frog Pushups - 1

Hundu Squats - 21

Falling Tower - 11

Karate Squats - 12 (each side)

Bear Squat - 10

Dolphin Pushups - 10

V-ups - 15

Diet was good yesterday.

If I get a school paper written in time, I'm going to try to drag my son to the pool later.

-Carl Sagan

Oh, I also seem to have improved biomarkers. The BP I've had on the low end previously just dieting, but that was years ago. I've never seen my HR drop, but I've never done anaerobic exercise regularly. I am also hypoglycemic and get very dizzy and I haven't had any signs of that in the last week or so (which I'm sure my family appreciates...sugar drops = raging maniac).

Previous BP - normal range 110-117/75-80

Now (x3 checks on different days) 90-95/58-62

Previous resting pulse - I've never seen it under 75, normally it's higher than that

Now (x3 checks on different days) - it's continuously 64

-Carl Sagan

dude.... look at you killin it :)

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Paleo the last two days, NCLEX as well. I met all my goals for week 2.

I was pretty ill this morning (maybe the carrots yesterday were a little dodgy???), but fine now. I'm going to divert to plan two and take my son to the pool as a workout today instead of the regular bodyweight routine. We may go this week and next for the 3x a week exercises, then back to the grind with weeks 5 and 6. I'd like to see swimming improvement. I'm glad I incidentally built swimming as a fall back into my 6 week plan. Next time I'll know to do something like that on purpose. 

-Carl Sagan

So....the rain gods are playing with me today. We walk outside, it starts to rain - go back in and the rain stops. Great.

Anyhoo, I did my normal workout. Felt pretty crappy, but I know if I put things back a day, it will just be easier to make more excuses tomorrow. Can't stop me, rain gods or stomach! 

Dive Bombers - 17

Close Pushups - 8

Regular Pushups - 14

Diamond Pushups - 3

Frog Pushups - 1

Hundu Squats - 21

Falling Tower - 11

Bear Squat - 10

Dolphin Pushups - 10

V-ups - 15

• Like 1

-Carl Sagan

Haven't not been Paleo.

Dive Bombers - 17

Close Pushups - 8

Regular Pushups - 14

Diamond Pushups - 3

Frog Pushups - 2

Hundu Squats - 23

Falling Tower - 12

Bear Squat - 10

Dolphin Pushups - 10

V-ups - 15

Slide Planks w/ Leg Lift - 7 (each side)

Gracie Drill - 8 (each side)

-Carl Sagan

Not eating before working out = awesome.

Eating before working out = not awesome + difficult to finish - sets the whole day up for not that goodness.

Today = not eating

Dive Bombers - 21

Close Pushups - 10

Regular Pushups - 14

Diamond Pushups - 3

Frog Pushups - 3

Hundu Squats - 27

Walking Lunges - 12 (each side)

Falling Tower - 12

Bear Squat - 12

Dolphin Pushups - 11

V-ups - 18

Slide Planks w/ Leg Lift - 7 (each side)

Gracie Drill - 8 (each side)

-Carl Sagan

Nclex studying done, still Paleo. Also got a few hours of laser tag in tonight. I did a swim with my son on Thurs, too.

Need to make sure I take my multi everyday. My legs are cramping and I'm not dehydrated (that means I just said my pee is clear). Hahaha...

-Carl Sagan

Lighting = no swimming allowed.

I did an hour of yoga today instead. I'm not going to hold it against my challenge goals if I can't get three swim days in this week, but I'm still gonna try! 

Diet is good.

• Like 1

-Carl Sagan