Phobucket - Run the Town

Hit a bit of a stumbling block. Around the 4th I hurt my ankle. I think it is either my peroneus tertius or extensor hallucis longus. I ran on Monday. Bad idea. Cycled on Tuesday. Seemed to be okay. Took yesterday off. I have been icing and stretching, but it still hurts if I walk more than a few blocks and I'm debating what to do about tomorrow's 9 mile run.

a) run through it. Endorphins will kick in after the first couple miles.
B) take the day off
c) go for a 90min bike ride. I tend to get a better cardio workout on a bike, but not the same leg workout.

I am leaning towards see because this feels like one of those moments where I could lose all momentum and the other 2 options feel like they will push me in that direction, either through taking or forcing more time off.

Another compounding factor is that I am moving on Sunday. Any advice?

Adventurer  Level: 1  Stats: Strength - 1, Dexterity - 2, Stamina - 4, Constitution - 2, Wisdom - 1, Charisma - 0

Current Challenge: Run the Town

100%
100%

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff" - 10th Doctor

Well, you know your body best but if it's been hurting that long, and if it still hurts tomorrow, maybe err on the side of caution and ride a bike (or swim?) instead. You don't want to make it worse and you certainly don't want to be all limpy on moving day.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Thanks for the replies everybody. I took yesterday off, but went for what ended up being a two hour bike ride this morning. My ankle is slowly recovering, and I'm going to keep icing and stretching it over the weekend. Hopefully I will be back on my game, Monday.

Adventurer  Level: 1  Stats: Strength - 1, Dexterity - 2, Stamina - 4, Constitution - 2, Wisdom - 1, Charisma - 0

100%
100%

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff" - 10th Doctor

Mm, try some gentle calf stretches too. That's often good for the ankle. Feel better soon!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Last weekend I moved to Alameda. Looking forward to living on the island and running by the beach, but the move was really draining and didn't help my ankle at all. Also, I have had to adjust my schedule. Now I bike to work instead of walk, which has been easier on my ankle, but is no substitute for the runs. But I've got a race to run so d@mmit today I ran anyway. My times have slipped, but I was able to get in 6 miles. Going on the theory that some is better than none, and running slowly is better than not running at all, I feel like it was a successful first run in 10 days.

Hopefully my ankle holds up and the speed comes back in thr next few weeks.

For the record, my ankle didn't hurt until about the 5th mile, and then continued for the rest of the day. Icing tonight.

umymyvyj.jpg

100%
100%

I made an executive decision amd extended my challenge through Friday.

Side goal: Bach on Bass

http://youtu.be/NNAKh63NzW0

100%
100%

First run exploring the new neighborhood. The donut shop at mile 3 smelled so so so good.

upyhy8uv.jpg

100%
100%

I stop it when it hits the marker and then walk back to my apartment

100%
100%

10 GD Miles! I am calling this challenge successfully completed!

ajege5e5.jpg

What did I learn over the course of this challenge?

1) I can do it!

2) When you meet resistance, don't stop, adapt.

2) If you're gonna run 10 miles, pack some nutrition and hydration.

100%
100%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines