LostOne1775 Getting Ready for the Marines Part 4

Ba'sini'on

Eat more.

That was my advice :playful:

So let me tell you about relationships...don't wanna hear it....too bad.

First of all, there is no normal relationship.  We can recognize abusive relationships and co-dependent relationships...but "healthy" relationships are ones that work.

"So Brute, you devilishly handsome and genius intellect Ogre, why is it so hard to find a healthy relationship?" you ask......well in my mind you asked so I am gonna tell you.

If you live in America, contrary to all of the things California wants you to believe, we live in a sexually repressed country of prudes.  Nothing wrong with being a prude, so that is okay...but here is the deal

Two hundred years ago, at 16, unwed women were considered to have missed their chance at a good marriage. Of course your life expectancy was about 50 years.

So most women are hardwired nesters, and most men are hardwired adventurers.  So when they get close what happens......

Now before I tell you what happens let me tell you that I have seen both genders play both rolls, I have seen the same thing in same sex relationships.....so who is who doesn't matter in all reality.

One decides they like two and want them around.....two is cool hanging out.....but then one tells two and two thinks.....if one is interested in me, one must not be that good of a catch.....or one tells two and two is not interested in a one on one (or one and two exclusive)...they want room to test drive a few others before they buy.  Then one wants to try and control or manipulate two....two knows they can walk away.   Happens all the time....and thus..due to the expectation that one's love obligates two (which is NOT true), there are broken hearts.

So young padawan, remember this.  Your emotions are yours.  You cannot control anyone that does not give you control, and if you feel you need to control them, then you are probably in a bad place.  What you feel is not love.

You can have an open heart, but not everyone gets to stay.  Love does not require you to control or be loved back.  If they do, then you go forward with it, but if not, you love and that is beautiful. 

Love much.  Do not let your love hurt you.  And if you hurt, it is okay.  You learn about yourself when you hurt. 

But love much, this will all be over too soon.

I understand what your saying, and I do love much. But with the few friends I have and family, to give something more again to someone I don't want to do anymore. I have to much to do and goals I want to achieve before I settle down. And I have a lot of growing up to do.

Hello? Do tell us what's the haps.

Diet: A   Exercise: A+  Running: A   Rest: A  So far so good. :D

sounds similar to a phrase i heard once. can't give credit because i can't recall where i heard it.... "the one who cares the least in a relationship has the most power"

I can see that. My family has a lot of that :( Not pretty at all

Dude your workouts are putting mine to shame! But then again... you're going to be a marine, so badass-ness is expected.

Sorry to hear about boy troubles :(

Sometimes it's hard to move on, but you have no choice. Your only option now is to either let the past control your emotions, or learn from what you experienced and let it influence you positively. Not every relationship will work out but that doesn't mean it wasn't worthwhile.

And yes, you do look significantly better and you should be incredibly proud :D

Hahaha they don't seem that much to me, I feel at the end of the day I need to do more. But I push it back because I want to live :P

There were few good times, but ultimately it wasn't worthwhile at all.

I am!!

I haven't been sleeping really. I don't know what it is but I was sick two days ago, and now I can't sleep really. I don't get tired actually, I can go through the day without a problem. But it's affecting my workouts especially with weights. My muscles can't take the strain no matter how hard I push.

But today I actually passed out this afternoon for a 2 hour "nap". After walking home 5 miles cause the car battery died lol. When I woke up I ran to the gym and worked my ass off like never before! Didn't write it down unfortunately, had to do it all quick because it was getting dark. Did two HIIT 12 min each, weight lifting, and went on the bike for 20 min. then ran home. I feel awesome!

Though I will be going to bed for sure tonight. I am actually tired.

Oh and......I am 190lb now!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

• Like 2

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Woo sub 200 is a big deal!

It sounds like your body is definitely tired and the nap proves that you need more sleep. If you can't do your workouts, then your recovery is clearly an issue. I'd try and be really strict with what you do in the 1-2 hours before bed. I put my phone on airplane mode, and don't watch tv/play video games/do anything with blue artificial light for an hour before I actually want to be asleep. If I want to be asleep at 10pm that means I'm in bed reading by 9pm. Maybe you're just too wound up from the day and that's why you don't think you're tired.

• Like 1

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

spinning-homer.gif

Woo sub 200 is a big deal!

It sounds like your body is definitely tired and the nap proves that you need more sleep. If you can't do your workouts, then your recovery is clearly an issue. I'd try and be really strict with what you do in the 1-2 hours before bed. I put my phone on airplane mode, and don't watch tv/play video games/do anything with blue artificial light for an hour before I actually want to be asleep. If I want to be asleep at 10pm that means I'm in bed reading by 9pm. Maybe you're just too wound up from the day and that's why you don't think you're tired.

Thanks I am so happy!!

Yeah I should, I have books and my art so I can unwind that way. I'll give it a shot.

Well my 4th of July was complete crap :( Went to me aunt's house to hang out there and watch fireworks. But it turned into a search for my aunt cause she got drunk and fought with my uncle, keeping an eye on the adults, and getting yelled at then being a shoulder to cry on. In the end it was way early in the morning and I was tired and upset by family secrets that were blurted out. And next morning when I was supposed to be picked up and leave, it turns out I was ditched and had to stay at my aunt's for 4 days. Good thing I packed for a week.

Goal 1: C: I tried working out at my aunt's but it wasn't the same. I did bodyweight workouts and yoga, but it wasn't BEAST as I like it so I'm making it a C.

Goal 2: F: Not much good stuff to eat. No salads or veggies mainly cookies and easy made stuff cause of the baby in the house. I missed my veggies!!

Goal 3: F: :( Yeah I missed this the most. My aunt said the neighborhood was fine to run in, but she lives in a very suburban and populated area. I really didn't feel comfy running around there. But I did walk to the mall but I had me back pack with my knife of course.

Goal 4: A: Oh yeah!! I got 11+ hours of rest cause I wasn't pressured to be up in the morning so my nana wouldn't get on me. All sleep caught up on, but I gotta work still on sleeping at 9 or 10.

I honestly doubt I'll hit a size 8. Maybe next challenge but right now I'm happy with what I'm doing now. Not happy with the lack of clothing that fits me lol. I have to broad of shoulders for girly shirts, and now a small waist that makes dresses that fit my shoulders and hips baggy around the middle. But I'm fine with that actually. I have an hourglass figure now and I like it!

Glad to be back on NF.

• Like 1

My dear, I need to point out one thing that glared at me from your post.

Well my 4th of July was complete crap :( Went to me aunt's house to hang out there and watch fireworks. But it turned into a search for my aunt cause she got drunk and fought with my uncle, keeping an eye on the adults, and getting yelled at then being a shoulder to cry on. In the end it was way early in the morning and I was tired and upset by family secrets that were blurted out. And next morning when I was supposed to be picked up and leave, it turns out I was ditched and had to stay at my aunt's for 4 days. Good thing I packed for a week.

Glad to be back on NF.

My dear girl, you are one of the adults.

You are not a little girl anymore, you are a grown woman.  I point this out so that you may liberate yourself.  You have responsibility for what you do and how you do it and.....you get to decide what works for you.  People treat you as a little girl if you let them, and I would guess that you should not let them.  If you can shift this paradigm you will find a completely different world.

• Like 2

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

I agree with BruteSquad, you're definitely an adult. But having to take care of grown-ass people is not something I enjoy. Not matter how close you are in age to one another. Unfortunately I've had similar experiences with some of my extended family, and now I'm more careful about how and when I interact with those people.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself about workouts and the like. At least you tried when you were in a less than ideal situation! Think of it as an active rest week and get back to killing it this week!

Also, you said: "I missed my veggies" that's huge! You should celebrate that! It means that you're starting to enjoy healthy foods and that it's no longer a chore or something that you're "supposed" to do!

• Like 1

My dear, I need to point out one thing that glared at me from your post.

My dear girl, you are one of the adults.

You are not a little girl anymore, you are a grown woman.  I point this out so that you may liberate yourself.  You have responsibility for what you do and how you do it and.....you get to decide what works for you.  People treat you as a little girl if you let them, and I would guess that you should not let them.  If you can shift this paradigm you will find a completely different world.

Love it when you call me dear :wub:

I guess I'm still not used to being referred to as woman or adult. I know I'm a grown woman but sometimes I feel like a really mature kid because, a lot of the adults in my life are so immature. I don't let them treat me like a kid anymore believe me!

I agree with BruteSquad, you're definitely an adult. But having to take care of grown-ass people is not something I enjoy. Not matter how close you are in age to one another. Unfortunately I've had similar experiences with some of my extended family, and now I'm more careful about how and when I interact with those people.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself about workouts and the like. At least you tried when you were in a less than ideal situation! Think of it as an active rest week and get back to killing it this week!

Also, you said: "I missed my veggies" that's huge! You should celebrate that! It means that you're starting to enjoy healthy foods and that it's no longer a chore or something that you're "supposed" to do!

Once I have my own place and am far away, there will be set intervals to how much I visit my immediate family.

I am seeing it that way now. After all I train 6 hours a day! Those 4 days were awesome!! And yes I am happy I love eating healthy more than getting junk food :D .

Bad day :( Not so bad workout I have to admit, even got myself filmed squatting #135! Please excuse the clothing, nothing fits me anymore and my decent clothes were in the wash:

I know I could've gone lower but I was in a hurry, there was a very nice gentleman waiting for me to finish up. He was the cameraman!

Went late so I had to cut my workout short, but I did it.

10 minutes on the Stairmaster (hate cardio in a gym :angry: )

Chest Press: #45-15, #95-10, #145-5, #95=10        Hammer Curl: #15-20, #25-10, #30-15, #25-7

Pressdown: #20-15, #35-15, #45-12, #57-5        Bent Row: #60-15, #70-15, #60-15, #100-5     

Squat: #95-15, #135-15, #195-5, #135-5          Jacknife: #35-50, #55-40, #60-20, #95-15

Ran 4 miles, Walked 4 back

Kind of wanna vent so sorry and pass if you don't wanna know.

My grandmother told me that she doesn't believe I can make it. That I am not doing enough to get into the Marines and am just making excuses in order to not go to the recruiters. Where she is sure I will be able to sign up already. My cousin told me she said that I am not productive enough. It just upsets me that she already put a big label on me that says, "Lazy in Everything She Does." I do want to go to a recruiter but I'm not ready, so what would be the point in going only to be told what I already know? Be a waste of the recruiters time.

I told her all this, and we had previously put a date on when I would go to the recruiters, which is the 18th. But it's not realistic, and I made that clear if I don't have the doctor's ok or license I am not going. Also my parents want me to visit before I go. And when I mentioned this she actually told me I'm not going home to see my mom and dad!! That I can go after the trip because I need to stay on track and she can't have me getting fat again. I was :blink: . Apparently she believed that whole time I was at my aunts, I did nothing, I just laid around and ate all day long. Because as she put it, I have tried to lose weight before and failed. Got thin, got fat, got thin, got fat, and so on. And this progress is only temporary because if I leave I'll get fat again and continue to leech off family, because that's my agenda in the end. To be taken care of my entire life through her generosity.

Before, I would have blown up at her and acted like a kid. She already sees me as that. Thanks to you guys and my good friend I just said, "Thank you for your advice but I am going home to see mom and dad, and see how Gwinny is doing." (Gwinny is my dog, he had to go to the vets because his ear literally exploded and was oozing everywhere. He's fine but I want to see him still) And she told me I might as well stay at home then. But retracted that and just continually went on about how I have a goal, and I need to grow some discipline. For her my working out long hours and eating hardly anything is how it should go everyday. And going to visit even my Gigi (great grandmother) is a vacation and I'll end up coming home 200 pounds again. For a lady who is all about thinking positive, she loves to throw negative labels at me a lot.

Rant done. All comes down to, I am doing all I can, I am working my butt off, and I am taking my driver's test Monday :pride: .

Oh and does anyone know how to help a dog gain weight? Gwinny is really underweight, he should be #130 or more, but he's #96 :(

• Like 1

Man, I really want to get back to telling you all how awesome I think you are! Take the time on NF to see how the Nerds are doing, and get back to contributing to the Rebellion. Just got to make time tomorrow!

Yesterday was a light day because I was short on time.

Pullup Machine: #85-20, #55-12, #40-5, #25-5     Deadlift: #95-15, #145-10, 10, #185-5, 5

Inner Thigh: #110-20, #150-20, #190-15, #290-5     Outer Thigh: #130-20, #170-15, #210-20, #290-5

Calf Raise: #110-20, #130-15, #150-15, #210-5

Angies: 27: 19: 07

100 Pullups (used Machine at #85), 100 Pushups, 100 Decline sit ups, 100 Squats #50

15-min Bicycle

Breakfast: 2 eggs, and salad, Lunch: Lara Bar, Dinner: BBQ Chicken thigh, Salad, and steamed veggies

Today:

Ran 5 miles: 35: 43: 24  (Must be faster!!)

Burpee Challenge  50 sec. work, 10 sec. rest, 12 rounds

Hurpee Burpee: 2, 2, 3   Animal Style Burpee: 2, 1, 2    Four Finger Death Burpee: 2, 2, 3   Box Jump Burpee: 4, 5, 5

Squat: #95-15, #110-10, #135-5, #185-5, #195-5   Pistol Squat: 10/10, #20-12/12, #30-5/5/, 8/8   Preacher Curl: #25-15, #35-10, #55-5, 5, 5

Deadlift: #105-5, #125-5, #145-5 (my back gave warning signs so I stopped there, giving it a rest tomorrow)

Clean & Press: #50-15, #60-10, #70-5, #80-5, 5, #70-5   Chest Press: #90-15, #110-5, 5, #95-5, #100-5

21  5x  Time: 6: 32: 09

KB Swing #70: 21   Hanging Leg Raise: 21   Wall Ball #12: 21

Hyperextension: 25, 25, 25, 25   Skull Crusher: #25-15, #30-5, #35-5, #40-5, #45-5   Sitting Row: #70-15, #90-5, #100-5, #120-5, 5

Decline Crunch: #25-50, #35-20, 20, 10   Cable Crunch: #50-30, #110-5, 5, #120-5, 5   Obliques: #27-20, #47-20, #53-20, #27-50

V-Crunches: 100/100  Hanging Leg Raises: 100   Side Leg Lifts: 100/100

100 High Knees, 100 Skipping, 10 min. Stair master

I Love My Kettlebell Finisher   Time: 3: 12: 64   #50

Russian Swing: 20   American Swing: 20   Squat Thrust High Pull: 20   Bottom Up Mountain Climbers: 20/20

Sumo Deadlift: 20   Sumo Deadlift High Pull: 20

8 miles walk to and from gym

I am....tired. Almost fell asleep twice on the walk home :P Doesn't help I was doing this workout on 1 hour of sleep, and I stayed 5 hours at the gym. I'm trying to relax more at night, I need sleep more than anything.

Breakfast: 1 Turkey wrap, Lunch: 2 Lara bars, Dinner: Beans, Pork, lettuce, tomatoes, and salsa

• Like 2

Holy cow, you are AWESOME!  You already work out more than some Marines, I bet.  I would like to say - for what it's worth, coming from the new guy - that you don't seem to be eating and sleeping anywhere near enough.  The two days of eating you have posted sound more like what you should be eating PER MEAL, with the Lara Bars for post workout!  Did you really do 25 working weight sets, Angie and a bike ride on 1000-ish calories for the day?  5 hours at the gym and 8 miles walked on 1500, and only one hour of sleep?!?  That is supremely amazing...but really unhealthy!  I promise you Marines don't work out like that.  Even Dwayne Johnson only spends a couple hours at the gym per day.  

You already know you're not sleeping enough,  And I don't know what your portion sizes are, but unless you're eating Godzilla-sized wraps and salads you're effectively eating almost as little as you're sleeping.  Do what you can to consult a dietitian (or, failing that, do a bit of online homework...maybe even here at NF)  about what you should be eating and how much.  Drink lots of water with your meals.  And DON'T FORGET TO SLEEP!!  Remember: it's *not* working out that makes you stronger; the workout actually breaks your body down.  It's your body's process of rebuilding and recovery that results in the gains, and it can't do that unless it is properly fed, rested and hydrated.  

Seriously.  You can *totally* negate all your righteously hard work without appropriate amounts of quality fuel, water and rest.

Subbed to support your fantastic quest to become one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children!  Good Luck!  =D

• Like 2

HUMAN SPIRIT SOLDIER

Ranger/Druid

STR 4 STA 2 DEX 3 CON 3 WIS 3 CHA 2

"We must all suffer one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret." -Jim Rohn

"The first virtue of a soldier is endurance of fatigue.  Courage is only the second virtue"  -Napoleon Bonaparte

"Grant yourself a moments peace, and you will realize how foolishly you scurry about. Be silent, and see that you talk too much. Be kind, and see that you judge too harshly. Hasten slowly, and you will soon arrive." - Chinese Proverb

Holy cow, you are AWESOME! You already work out more than some Marines, I bet. I would like to say - for what it's worth, coming from the new guy - that you don't seem to be eating and sleeping anywhere near enough. The two days of eating you have posted sound more like what you should be eating PER MEAL, with the Lara Bars for post workout! Did you really do 25 working weight sets, Angie and a bike ride on 1000-ish calories for the day? 5 hours at the gym and 8 miles walked on 1500, and only one hour of sleep?!? That is supremely amazing...but really unhealthy! I promise you Marines don't work out like that. Even Dwayne Johnson only spends a couple hours at the gym per day.

You already know you're not sleeping enough, And I don't know what your portion sizes are, but unless you're eating Godzilla-sized wraps and salads you're effectively eating almost as little as you're sleeping. Do what you can to consult a dietitian (or, failing that, do a bit of online homework...maybe even here at NF) about what you should be eating and how much. Drink lots of water with your meals. And DON'T FORGET TO SLEEP!! Remember: it's *not* working out that makes you stronger; the workout actually breaks your body down. It's your body's process of rebuilding and recovery that results in the gains, and it can't do that unless it is properly fed, rested and hydrated.

Seriously. You can *totally* negate all your righteously hard work without appropriate amounts of quality fuel, water and rest.

Subbed to support your fantastic quest to become one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children! Good Luck! =D

I totally absolutely agree with this. LO you did great working out, but that lack of eating is going to throw your body into starvation mode which means it will hold onto everything. Coupled with the lack of sleep and you are doing yourself a huge disservice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Holy cow, you are AWESOME!  You already work out more than some Marines, I bet.  I would like to say - for what it's worth, coming from the new guy - that you don't seem to be eating and sleeping anywhere near enough.  The two days of eating you have posted sound more like what you should be eating PER MEAL, with the Lara Bars for post workout!  Did you really do 25 working weight sets, Angie and a bike ride on 1000-ish calories for the day?  5 hours at the gym and 8 miles walked on 1500, and only one hour of sleep?!?  That is supremely amazing...but really unhealthy!  I promise you Marines don't work out like that.  Even Dwayne Johnson only spends a couple hours at the gym per day.  

You already know you're not sleeping enough,  And I don't know what your portion sizes are, but unless you're eating Godzilla-sized wraps and salads you're effectively eating almost as little as you're sleeping.  Do what you can to consult a dietitian (or, failing that, do a bit of online homework...maybe even here at NF)  about what you should be eating and how much.  Drink lots of water with your meals.  And DON'T FORGET TO SLEEP!!  Remember: it's *not* working out that makes you stronger; the workout actually breaks your body down.  It's your body's process of rebuilding and recovery that results in the gains, and it can't do that unless it is properly fed, rested and hydrated.  

Seriously.  You can *totally* negate all your righteously hard work without appropriate amounts of quality fuel, water and rest.

Subbed to support your fantastic quest to become one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children!  Good Luck!  =D

Yeah I did do all that. I have a lot of pent up aggression and energy that keeps me going. I know it's unhealthy and I really need sleep but I've been having a really tough time getting to relax. Don't know what it is but my whole body will spasm and my mind just won't stop.

Naw they're small salads and a turkey wrap is just a slice of turkey wrapped around small bit of cheese, mustard, and tomatoes. So yeah, I'm not eating enough. I know I should be eating a lot more, I just don't get hungry enough to eat more. I am keeping hydrated though, that isn't a problem for sure :)

I totally absolutely agree with this. LO you did great working out, but that lack of eating is going to throw your body into starvation mode which means it will hold onto everything. Coupled with the lack of sleep and you are doing yourself a huge disservice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, and I'm fixing it. There's only so much a body can take.

Breakfast: Salmon patty, mustard, cheese, and lettuce   Lunch: 1 Toast with Peanut Butter   Snack: Lara Bar   Dinner: Rice, Beans, Pork, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and salsa

5-mile run: 38: 40: 24

Inner Thigh: #110-20, #170-20, #305-5, #130-20   Outer Thigh: #110-20, #150-20, #305-10, #150-15

Glute Machine: #50-20, #90-15, #150-5, #70-20   Arnold Press: #15-15, #20-10, #25-5, #15-15

10-min Stairmaster   10-min Elliptical   10-min Bicycle

Hindu Pushup: 20   Plank Walk Pop-up: 10   Squat Jump Tuck: 20   Pike Abduction: 20   Pike Elbow Up: 15   Hanging Oblique Crunch: 15/15

Yoga Flow Pushup: 10   Bridge Pushup: 20   One-leg Bridge: 10/10         2x

Killer Ab Finisher    Time: 6: 36: 54

Burpee: 30   Cross Mountain Climbers: 30   Squat Jump: 30   TRX Pike: 30    Jump Lunge: 30

I ate more today. And even slept in before heading to the gym. Thankfully my nana didn't know cause she was gone, she likes that I spend so much time at the gym. I will never tell her I do that because I just don't want to be in the house with her.

My body seemed to suck all the food in and I still was hungry afterwards. I'll push to eat more, try to at least get to 5-6 small meals a day. Monday I have my driver's test (pray for me I want to pass and finally get my license :D ) and my dad is most likely going to pick me up right after and take me home. We have a gym in the garage, and I have a 5 mile trail, plus I can do bodyweight if I need to. Diet will be hard, my parent's like the rest of my family do not eat healthy at all. But my Vitamix will be there, and I have frozen fruit and veggies muhaha let the smoothies commence!!

Got my first pair of size 10!! And they fit! I won't be able to fit in a size 8 at the end of the challenge. But I am way slimmer than when I started, I feel Badass, and I am really close to my goals more than ever.

• Like 2

It's good that you know your sticking points and are working on them - self awareness is the most important and often hardest step. It sounds like you're fighting an uphill battle on a few fronts, so my advice is to keep your attitude set at frosty like it is, and keep re jigging things until it all clicks.

Sleep is a tough one for so many people, even when you get your diet and exercise sorted it can still be a pain. Unsure if you are or have the budget for supplements, but if you can spare a little then I highly recommend calcium magnesium citrate powder - it's a better form of calcium than caltrate, and magnesium is good for both sleep and muscle soreness/spasm. Make sure you get powder and not pills, it's much better value for money as well as being more bioavailable and all that science stuff.

Sleep, eat, lift, repeat.

And good luck on your driving test! We're cheering for you no matter what!

• Like 3

Valkyrie Assassin/Adventurer

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th

It's good that you know your sticking points and are working on them - self awareness is the most important and often hardest step. It sounds like you're fighting an uphill battle on a few fronts, so my advice is to keep your attitude set at frosty like it is, and keep re jigging things until it all clicks.

Sleep is a tough one for so many people, even when you get your diet and exercise sorted it can still be a pain. Unsure if you are or have the budget for supplements, but if you can spare a little then I highly recommend calcium magnesium citrate powder - it's a better form of calcium than caltrate, and magnesium is good for both sleep and muscle soreness/spasm. Make sure you get powder and not pills, it's much better value for money as well as being more bioavailable and all that science stuff.

Sleep, eat, lift, repeat.

And good luck on your driving test! We're cheering for you no matter what!

Help me I'm poor. LOL Seriously I don't have any money really. But I'm getting better at relaxing so hopefully it'll get better :)

Crossfit: 50-40-30-20-10

KB Swing    KB Squat    Burpee    (No time :( my GymBoss ran out of batteries)

Squat: #95-20, #105-15, #145-10     Deadlift: #90-15, #100-10, #110-5    Shoulder Press: #40-20, #50-15, #70-5

Bulgarian Jump: 40/40, #20-20/20, #30-15/15    Knees to Elbow: 50, 20, 20 sec. hold    Decline Crunch: 45, #25-35, 40

Dragon Fly: 1, 2, 0    Box Jump: 15, 20, 10

What Have I Done? 50w. 10r. 24 rounds

1. Hanging Obliques: 15, 12, 10, 5   2. Animal Style Burpee: 2, 2, 1, 1   3. Plank Walk Pop-up: 2, 5, 2, 2

4. Bridge Pushup: 30, 25, 28, 20   5. Squat Jump Tuck: 10, 12, 5, 5    6. Jump Rope: 50, 50, 45, 48

Ab Rollout: 12, 5, 10    Broad Jump: 10, 13, 10

Burpee Torture   2x   Time: 27: 45: 23

Yoga Burpee: 5   Ab Splitter: 5    Burpee: 50    Air Squats: 100

Went lighter on the weights and cut my workout a bit. I had a headache, and got exhausted a lot faster than I should've. I need rest that's for sure, been working hard 7 straight days. Well I'll get it tomorrow! Driver's test and my dad is supposed to pick me up but he hasn't called, don't know what's going on.

Goal 1: A+: I have been going beast at the gym for sure! So glad that's going good, it helps I don't like to be in the house :)

Goal 2: C: Had two cheats yesterday and today. Was rice and bread. I ate them because I was starving and my body was demanding more, it was worth it I feel satisfied. Not full strangely, I guess I got what I needed.

Goal 3: A: Been running to the gym everyday. My time ranges from 30-34 minutes, I really want to get to 22 minutes. But with traffic lights and cars that won't be possible.

Goal 4: F:.......Yeah I think I overdid it a bit :redface:

Life Goal: Achieved!! I fit in the size 8 pants I got!! And yes that means being able to button and zip without sucking it in, or moving stuff around. And I can sit and breathe at the same time.

I'll take an after pic tomorrow morning, and even one in my new jeans. I'm actually the smallest I've ever been in my life :pride:

• Like 4

Had to catch up.

When someone I love gives me a hard time about something, I try to step back and see if it is valid.  If it is, I put down my ego and address the issue.  If they are simply basing things on some issue they have, or I honestly believe it is not accurate, I thank them for looking out for me, but I keep my own counsil.

You know you know.  Hope you are now a legal driver and such. 

You will be fine with the test I am sure.

My dear, just hang in there and keep working hard.  But have your legs break the 90 degree angle on those squats ;)

• Like 2

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

WINNING!!  Keep on killin' it!

And don't be afraid of rice; it's good for you!  Plenty of cultures eat it at every meal and don't have any problems.  Besides, if you legitimately felt better afterwards it was probably not so much a "cheat" as "exactly what you needed."  =)

• Like 1

HUMAN SPIRIT SOLDIER

Ranger/Druid

"We must all suffer one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret." -Jim Rohn

"The first virtue of a soldier is endurance of fatigue.  Courage is only the second virtue"  -Napoleon Bonaparte

"Grant yourself a moments peace, and you will realize how foolishly you scurry about. Be silent, and see that you talk too much. Be kind, and see that you judge too harshly. Hasten slowly, and you will soon arrive." - Chinese Proverb

Had to catch up.

When someone I love gives me a hard time about something, I try to step back and see if it is valid.  If it is, I put down my ego and address the issue.  If they are simply basing things on some issue they have, or I honestly believe it is not accurate, I thank them for looking out for me, but I keep my own counsil.

You know you know.  Hope you are now a legal driver and such. 

You will be fine with the test I am sure.

My dear, just hang in there and keep working hard.  But have your legs break the 90 degree angle on those squats ;)

Lol my mom said unless I'm powerlifting, I don't have to break 90 degrees. And my hips won't let me reach that far anyways.

No I failed :( But I've already scheduled another for after the trip to Oklahoma.

WINNING!!  Keep on killin' it!

And don't be afraid of rice; it's good for you!  Plenty of cultures eat it at every meal and don't have any problems.  Besides, if you legitimately felt better afterwards it was probably not so much a "cheat" as "exactly what you needed."  =)

Maybe, but even rice like bread makes me bloat up and sometimes feel tired. That's why I stay away from it.

At my parent's house right now. So for three days I have been sort of pigging out :( Not bad but I can feel myself get heavier. All I did today was run a mile with my dog. But I miss my hardcore workouts, and feeling light cause of what I ate. So I'm cleaning myself out to flush the crap out of my system. Green shakes, and veggies with some meat for protein.

I'm also thinking that since I'll be sort of stuck in a car, and then at Oklahoma with no gym, I should only eat mainly veggies. I'll still workout of course, running, and bodyweight. Just trying to plan how to actually lose weight on a vacation with unhealthy family.

Any advice?

My dear woman.

Squats, breaking 90 degrees is a range of motion issue.  To properly develop muscle and do the squat properly, you need to break 90 degrees.  The big issue most people have with this is their ego.  As most people....including a large Ogre you may know....had to drop the amount they were lifting by a great deal to get a proper squat.  I doubt Mom is a strength coach, and strength coaches training for muscle stamina or strength or size all require a deep squat.  "Ass in the Grass" or "ankle diving".... you should look like someone working in a rice paddy. 

Nothing I can say will make you change your form.  But hit up the Warriors that know everything about lifting.....they will tell you the same thing.

All said with love and hugs.

• Like 2

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

My dear woman.

Squats, breaking 90 degrees is a range of motion issue.  To properly develop muscle and do the squat properly, you need to break 90 degrees.  The big issue most people have with this is their ego.  As most people....including a large Ogre you may know....had to drop the amount they were lifting by a great deal to get a proper squat.  I doubt Mom is a strength coach, and strength coaches training for muscle stamina or strength or size all require a deep squat.  "Ass in the Grass" or "ankle diving".... you should look like someone working in a rice paddy. 

Nothing I can say will make you change your form.  But hit up the Warriors that know everything about lifting.....they will tell you the same thing.

I agree and I wanna piggyback off what BruteSquad is saying here.  It was stressed to me early on that I needed to make sure I went parallel for squats otherwise it was just a 'power curtsy'.  The good thing is that, if it's a mobility issue, there are stretches out there that you can do before your squats that help open you up and give you that range of motion.

Also all said with love and encouragement, BruteSquad has the market cornered on awesome hugs, so I'll leave that to him :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Help, LostOne!  We Need You!

We need Rangers to jump in on the last part of the mini-challenge.

We're killing murderous, bourbon swilling imps via pullups and burpees, burpees, burpees.

Check it out here. And contribute your kill stats here.

Level One Rebels/aspiring Rangers are welcome, too, so bring friends!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My dear woman.

My mom is not a certified strength coach no. But she was a bodybuilder for years so she knows what she's talking about. I know a deep squat is good, but my hips won't let me get that far with being painful. Yes I know I should stretch it out and I have been, but it's slow going and believe it or not that video up there is the deepest I've gone. I call that progress.

I agree and I wanna piggyback off what BruteSquad is saying here.  It was stressed to me early on that I needed to make sure I went parallel for squats otherwise it was just a 'power curtsy'.  The good thing is that, if it's a mobility issue, there are stretches out there that you can do before your squats that help open you up and give you that range of motion.

Also all said with love and encouragement, BruteSquad has the market cornered on awesome hugs, so I'll leave that to him :)

I just go as far as I can. Which is sitting position.

Help, LostOne!  We Need You!

We need Rangers to jump in on the last part of the mini-challenge.

We're killing murderous, bourbon swilling imps via pullups and burpees, burpees, burpees.

Check it out here. And contribute your kill stats here.

Level One Rebels/aspiring Rangers are welcome, too, so bring friends!

10 Burpees 2 pullups, will do more tomorrow.

Workout was 1 mile run, 50 hanging leg raises, 2 pullups, and 10 burpees.

Food was crap. Just emotionally eating, better than going back to self abuse right?

No I am not doing good right now. Was a mistake to come home, to many memories here in this place. I missed the solitude here, the wind, and wildlife, but not the house or the people in it. I don't want to come home, but my nana is already telling me I will. I'm dreading the trip to Oklahoma because it's in a car for two days, with her. My weight hasn't gone down, and everyone is telling me to do this or that to drop it. That I'm working to hard, I need to pull it back.

What if it takes another year before I can sign up? What if my grandmother dies before I can see her? What if I end up being sent back to my parents, and undo all my hard work?

I honestly don't see myself as a beast, or worth anything still. Being here is making me backpedal to old habits because I'm depressed again. House is a wreck, I've gone back to old chores because I want to give my dad a break. My parents fight like my aunt and uncle. I don't have a room to hide in anymore, my bed is the couch in the living room. So if I'm sent back where will I stay?

Just so much, my heart is racing and my head hurts I feel like crying. And wandering off somewhere and keep walking till something or someone just kills me.

I plan on just getting things done and trying to work so I don't have time to stop and remember. Need to clean out my body, so more water and veggies to detox. Workout and mainly run. And finish cleaning and taking care of the animals because they won't do it.

I read a lot of "What if" up there. 

You can NOT sit around and think about what MIGHT happen. Yes I know you need to look at the future and make smart decisions.  But stop focusing on what could be and focus on what you have control of at this moment.  Eat as much good food as you can.  Do whatever work outs you can and help out when you can.

I know you are back at that house and the memories come back, but you need to focus on you, just like you where doing when you left.  Remember what Brute Squad said - you are an adult now. You have a responsibility for yourself, not for your parents.

We love you!  You are a strong beautiful woman!  Make that your mantra for the time you are at your parents and focus on what you can do!  The rest will fall into place.

Oh and I did this brutal workout at crossfit last night I think you would like

3 rounds

15 overhead squat 95lbs prescribed (I did 45lbs)

30 situps

45 kettlebell swings 16pood

It was brutal!! I did it in 21:04 pvp challenge to beat me.

• Like 2

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Keep fighting Lost One!  The Marines need more people like you!

Don't think of this as a step back, think of it as a respite; a little physical R&R before you get back in the fight.  Help your Dad with the chores.  Do a little more long cardio.  DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT!  If you are fitting into size 8 jeans your body is just fine.  Haters always gonna hate.  Smile and nod and let their BS go in one ear and out the other.  You just keep working - and for god's sake KEEP EATING - and you can make it through.  

You ARE a beast!  Go beast-mode mentally just like you always do physically.  Think of this as a mission in the field gone FUBAR.  Don't allow yourself any option but forward.  Times like these survival is the only success that matters.  It will probably suck and it may not be over quickly...but when you're done you will be more powerful than you could have ever imagined!

• Like 3

HUMAN SPIRIT SOLDIER

Ranger/Druid

Well that would be 90 degrees wouldn't it? :)  You are making progress.

Yep :D

I read a lot of "What if" up there. 

You can NOT sit around and think about what MIGHT happen. Yes I know you need to look at the future and make smart decisions.  But stop focusing on what could be and focus on what you have control of at this moment.  Eat as much good food as you can.  Do whatever work outs you can and help out when you can.

I know you are back at that house and the memories come back, but you need to focus on you, just like you where doing when you left.  Remember what Brute Squad said - you are an adult now. You have a responsibility for yourself, not for your parents.

We love you!  You are a strong beautiful woman!  Make that your mantra for the time you are at your parents and focus on what you can do!  The rest will fall into place.

Oh and I did this brutal workout at crossfit last night I think you would like

3 rounds

15 overhead squat 95lbs prescribed (I did 45lbs)

30 situps

45 kettlebell swings 16pood

It was brutal!! I did it in 21:04 pvp challenge to beat me.

Thanks otter! And I'm gonna do that workout tomorrow!

Keep fighting Lost One!  The Marines need more people like you!

Don't think of this as a step back, think of it as a respite; a little physical R&R before you get back in the fight.  Help your Dad with the chores.  Do a little more long cardio.  DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT!  If you are fitting into size 8 jeans your body is just fine.  Haters always gonna hate.  Smile and nod and let their BS go in one ear and out the other.  You just keep working - and for god's sake KEEP EATING - and you can make it through.  

You ARE a beast!  Go beast-mode mentally just like you always do physically.  Think of this as a mission in the field gone FUBAR.  Don't allow yourself any option but forward.  Times like these survival is the only success that matters.  It will probably suck and it may not be over quickly...but when you're done you will be more powerful than you could have ever imagined!

I will! I have to make it, a lot is riding on me getting into the Marines.

Goal 1: C: Didn't really go BEAST my time at my parents. Did some workouts but nothing to be happy about, till today. I did 5 Animal Burpees, 5 Hurpee Burpees, 5 Four Finger Death Punch Burpees, and 120 Burpees. Tired and numb right now.

Goal 2: F: Cheated all day at my moms, got the gut bloat to prove it.

Goal 3: A: Only a mile with my dog, but hey, running is running right? LOL I should've taken a before and after pic of my dog after grooming him.

Goal 4: A: Oh I rested!

Life Goal: ACHIEVED!!

I'm at a loss at what I'm gonna do next challenge.

• Like 1

I give this overall Challenge a.............

C

Didn't go as good as I wanted but I did pretty good!

Before:

5/26/2014

5/26/2014

After:

7/20/2014

7/20/2014

My stomach is down, but the skin is hanging still bleh. Not as bad it's getting better thank God, but I didn't like the pic so I pulled the shorts up a bit to cover them in the side photo. Hopefully next challenge it'll be almost gone.

Moving up a level!!

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines