Esmegaia's (almost daily) Battle log

Week 1 Day 2

A pretty good day, with a bonus exercise - I went to the gym. Because I don't usually manage to stick with it, it's not going to score me anything, but the visit got me past the step goal.

Steps: 12.164 with 20 mins walking on the treadmill 1 point

Exercise: no yoga or BBWW because I went to the gym. 10 mins on the elliptical trainer on low impact , and some weight work. No points but I can feel righteous

Diet: pales stew with roasted sweet potato, 2 points

Total 3 points

Running total: 5 points

Esmegaia Level 3 Adventurer

Fire Elemental

STR 5|DEX 1|STA 5|CON 6|WIS 6|CHA 2

Battle Log Current Challenge Accountabilibuddies

So the gym over exerted my knee, or rather I did. It's swollen again, and I can't straighten or fully bend it. It's also given me some pain today. Taking ibuprofen for sweeping, had it elevated tonight and iced as I go to sleep.

steps:9,800 (so close!)

Exercise: none due to resting

Diet: egg, ham, sweet potato fries- paleo! 2 points

Total 2 points

Running total 7 points

Fire Elemental

Week 1 Day 4

A lazy day yesterday. My knee was improved, but so not to put to much pressure on it I waived any specific exercise.

Steps: 7,518

Exercise: none due to resting knee

Diet: Omelette with pepper, onion, mushroom, and home cooked gammon. Paleo! 2 points

Total 2 points

Running Total : 9 points

I've decided to amend my scoring for diet as I am feeling more inspired with paleo evening meals at the moment, and I don't want to limit myself to 3.

Fire Elemental

W1 day 6

I wasn't feeling well today so bar a short visit out to the butchers most of the day was spent on the sofa

Steps: 744 no points

Exercise: zero no points

Diet: epic fail as I gave in to pizza so 0 points. Didn't eat it all in one session so yay.

Total 0 points

Running total 12 points

Fire Elemental

Day7

Steps: 8,309

Exercise: 1 complete rep of BBWW and that was after the gym. 1 point. At the gym I did 25 mins faster walking on the treadmill and 10 mins on elliptical trainer

Diet:low carb so 1 point- roast pork leg with veg. Did have swede and small slice of bread

Total points : 2 points

Running total 14 points

Fire Elemental

So points wise not awesome in week 1 but I did actually make progress.

The knee is noticeable more mobile, and can take more weight.

My stats also changed:

Weight down 0.6 kg

Body fat down 0.9%

Overall I think this bodes well. I had a chiropractor session on Monday too, so I'm looking at attacking the underlying problems

• Like 1

Fire Elemental

Week 3 day1

Started with a first visit to a chiropractor. Turns out that not only do I over probate, which I'vebeen using inserts for for 2.5 years, but it's much more pronounced in my left foot. Along with pronounced forward head position there are a couple of things I'm going to need working on this year.

W2 day 1

Steps: 9,586 almost, again!

Exercise: none, my knee was sore and immobile by the end of the day

Diet: homemade chilli, low carb but not paleo due to kidney beans 1 point

Running total: 1 point

• Like 1

Fire Elemental

I'm glad you're feeling better, and kudos for picking up where you left off. But that's frustrating that the knee is acting up again!

I hope the chiropractic helps. I also just found a sports chiropractor here (second visit will be this Friday) so I can get help working through some mobility issues.

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

W2 day 2

Steps:13, 646 nailed it! 1 point

Exercise: no point scoring but I did get to the gym. I'd just made my 10k steps before I started so 20 mins of walking contributed the extra, and 10 mins on elliptical trainer. but the knee was sorer so I went easier than 2 days previously.

Diet:Low carb homemade chilli 1 point

Total points: 2 points 

Running Total: 3 points

• Like 1

Fire Elemental

So in good news, my knee is improving rapidly. I still can't straighten my leg fully, but I am no longer limping.

After my first month of treatment with the chiro, I have a whole set of daily exercises which I need to work into my daily routine. This has meant abandoning my 6 week challenges for the short term. I will pick up the next one and have a much better idea of what I can achieve. I am really feeling the benefit so this is good.

In the meantime I'm doing Spinal Hygiene Exercises (basic stretches) twice a day, Posture 7 stretch for 1 minute a go and trying for 5 of them throughout the day, and I've added in hamstring and hip stretches, and knee bends to strengthen my knee. I aim to expand this out a bit but I'm having to get used to getting up earlier to fit in the exercises etc. so it's more about making them become routine now. Apparently I'm looking at 12-18 months of work to get my posture back to where it should be.

So onto a bigger quest for 2016 - standing up straight and learning to live and work with a new posture.

• Like 1

Fire Elemental