A new challenge already? Sheize. My goals are changing... I still ultimately want to get to and stay at 20% but my focus is still on fitness. I'm trying to do 2 workouts a week entailing ST & cardio, each one has a heavy emphasis on one and light on the other. 

I have roughly 2 months to complete preperations for Tough Mudder. That's 18 clicks with various obstacles. My fitness has improved but I struggle to keep a good routine and eat well. So we'll see what happens. 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

I think I have progressed because the beginners bodyweight workout is a lot easier than is used to be but I don't lift super heavy and can't really tangibly measure stuff like that.... I like statistics :) 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Wow it's the weekend again already? I feel like we've been extremely busy lately!! After that crappy run/walk/shame hobble on Monday I decided to take the week and rest. I'm contemplating going for a jog up to the local elementary school and give the monkey bars a go and see what else I can do :) 

How has your past week been? 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

The dog and I just jogged 700 m up to the local school and attempted this work out: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/04/12/playground-workout/

I got through two rounds with some mods, I did pushups, jump ups, 10 leg tuck things then ten sit ups the second round, I attempted swinging on the monkey bars (holy monkeys that's harder than I remember!) then I did second round 10 descending pull ups. Those descending pull ups feel more difficult than what I've done to "prepare" for pull ups so I'm going to keep doing them I think! 

• Like 2

Adventurer || Wood Elf

My week's been kinda lazy, but productive. Slept in too long a couple of days, sat around the house, like that. But I did do a bunch of push-ups, some ruck runs, and pull-ups (negatives, actually). And I did a few things around the house I've been neglecting: tidied up the garden and cleared the garage a bit, shelved a few boxes of books, organized a couple of boxes of keepsakes and stored them away, ran some errands...

Are you doing the pull-ups where you jump up and lower yourself back down? How long do you take to lower?

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

I wish I had the time/motivation to get stuff like the gardens tidied up, feel free to come to my place, we have plenty of neglected gardens :D 

Yup, I guess those pull ups are called negatives, they had a platform near the start of the monkey bars so I hopped up there then hopped up on the bar with my chin above the bar then immediately and with no control fell until my head was just below the bar then I attempted a slow descent. At first it took me two or three seconds to descend but the more tired I got the faster my descent was :D Oh well, I hurt today so it's positive progress!!

Are you doing your negatives weighted for that program? I hope your wearing the tilly hat and short shorts while you do this ;) 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

I'll be right there; I love gardening! :)

I did the same thing, just dropped until I could catch myself. I found it easier to keep control if I have to jump up a couple of inches first. It makes me tense up and I can hold myself.

As long as it's a muscle ache and not joint pain then that's good. Be careful, especially, of your elbows. Mine are killing me :-/

Yep. I'm using the pack from my rucks, so it varies between 35 and 45#.

I have a tilly hat, but no short shorts ;) I think I might have some bikini briefs at the back of my underwear drawer, though. I guess I should clean it out more often than every 20 years or so.

• Like 1

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

I'm going to go ahead and pretend you said those bikini briefs belong to your wife.....

I think my elbows are alright, immediately after my workout I noticed my forearms were sore but that's good because I actually noticed in the mirror in the bathroom at work the other day that my forearms looks kinda skinny.... or maybe my biceps are getting flabbier since I haven't been working as hard lately so it's just a proportional thing? Either way, more work for this cat! 

• Like 2

Adventurer || Wood Elf

I'm going to go ahead and pretend you said those bikini briefs belong to your wife.....

Well, it was the 90s (80s? I haven't decluttered in a while).

To beef up your forearms, try grip exercises.

My arms seem to look small in the mirror or in photographs, too. Minor body dysmorphia?

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Mostly better, lack of sleep and hydration combined to make my sinuses work against me a couple days! I'll be back in full fighting order tomorrow hopefully! That is if I can get back to sleep after being woken up by my SO. 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Much! Saturday the SO & I had a good long chat and I got things that had been weighing on me off my chest to him and vice versa which lead to some good times and goooooooood sleeping Saturday night! Tuesday nights I'm going to hit the track for some intervals now :) 

• Like 1

Adventurer || Wood Elf

OK, I realized I was dreading intervals all day so I said fook dat and took the dog for a run instead, we did a little over a km together then I took him home because he's old and out of shape, then I ran some by myself till the rain started, I got about 3.8 km in. I had nightmares all night about running though, I think it's because I have to run 18 km in August and I'm currently doing less than 4. I'm going to die. My biggest problem is my head though, I'm not winded and only a little achey but my brain is like "we should stop running now, we've had enough". I didn't get my ST in because the rain, I was soaked when I got home and just got straight in the shower. Didn't want to get the floors all wet doing squats :D

• Like 2

Adventurer || Wood Elf

I always wonder what is my brain telling me 'No' and what is my body saying 'No'.

I need to work out a way of making sure it is never my brain.

*hugs*

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

The boyfriend, dog and I ran 700 m up to the local elementary school and did the school yard workout last night. We did the highest level of everything except chinups and leg tucks because dangling seems to hurt my arms. We found that there's more options at the school for doing increasingly difficult levels of chinups which is good because I feel like we can make more progress than just trying and failing to do them over and over again on the chin up bar! Down side is the boyfriend didn't agree with how I was doing some of the moves and I wasn't the most gracious in my response. I was annoyed because he wasn't suggesting something better but I should have taken it better >< 

P.S. The dog did not participate in the workout, he just carried around his own turbo poops on his collar....

• Like 1

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines