Superdan042 Librarian skull crusher

Did my first lift of this challenge today 

Squat: 180 lbs: 5x5

Overhead Press 115 lbs: 3, 4, 2, 4, 2 (Dropping down to 100 for next lift)

Deadlift 230 lbs:

Standing Barbell Curls 60lbs: 5x5

Skull Crushers: 55lbs. 5x5

For the most part, everything felt good except the Overhead Press. I've felt this plateau coming for a while. Hopefully de-loading and working back up will get me through it. 

Thursday is Squats, Bench, Barbell Row, and more Curls and Skull Crushers. 

When I got up at 7:30 to workout, my wife looked at me like I was crazy. 

Grrr...

Workout for June 13, 2014

Squat: 185lbs 5x5

Bench 135 5x5

Barbell Row 135lbs 5x5

Squats are getting harder, but I don't care. I love it. I feel like my Bench Press is getting to where I was when I was lifting before I started Stronglifts. I finally am starting to feel challenged by it. Barbell Rows are finally an exercise I'm feeling comfortable with. It's taken six months, but I think I finally have 'em down. 

Have I mentioned how much I love Stronglifts? Do you think you can't lift? Do you not know where to start? Holy shit, do this program. It will change how you feel about yourself. It'll change how approach problems in every other part of your life. For realz, yo. Medhi doesn't pay me. He doesn't even know who I am. I'm just telling you this because I want everyone to feel as good as I do. 

For serious, Squats and Deadlifts will take the edge off a bad day like nothing else. 

Grrr...

Well my challenge is fucked. My basement flooded last week, and while I was able to get all my stuff out in time, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my home gym (weights and bench). The wife and I have talked about turning the garage into a gym, but then we need to figure out what to do with all the stuff in the garage. Fro the time being, I'm going to go back to using the basement, but until I can fix the pipe from my house to the sewer, I"m a little worried about making the basement my permanent workout space. 

So free advice kids, when you buy a house that's a short sale and $20k under market value, get someone to check your pipes (not a euphemism).

Grrr...

So I switched to 5/3/1 two weeks ago and today was my first workout of the actual 5/3/1 week and I went well. Now that I'm trying to remember, I can't be sure but I think it was 110 on the press based on the 90% of your real 1-rep max thing. 

One of the reasons I made the switch is that my squat rack and my bar are only rated up to 300lbs and with a squat at 270 and a deadlift at 275, I was facing some uncertainty in the near future. By switching to this program I can go longer without having to spend a lot of money. Anyone have and low-cost solutions to this issue? 

I have a baby on the way in October, so joining a gym is out of the question as is dropping $1k on a power rack. 

Grrr...