RockinRobin is under the spell of 150

Welcome everyone!  Are you ready for a challenge?  The forums are amazing and addicting so be sure to reward yourself with a little reading when you have completed your daily workout ... don't get sucked into reading the forums all night though ... you need your rest too!

Main Quest: Lose 3% body fat - that is about 6 pounds and will put me under 150

I really need to get in the habit of working on something every day. So with that said:

Quest 1 - Stoke the magic cauldron - good food in the cauldron equals good spells - spend 150 min each week planning and preparing healthy meals - less sugar, less salt, more veggies and more good oils.

Quest 2 - Conjure spells for 150 min each week - this should be easy as it will be a combination of my boot camp, soccer and other active exercises.

Quest 3 - Release the fire breathing dragon for 150 min each week - this is an attempt at stress reduction using yoga, journalling, meditation.  I'm not comfortable with sitting still for long but I need to learn so I can accomplish my life quest.

Life Quest - Locate a new magic wand (job in BC) to create a new castle (home in BC) within 150 days.  I'll be working on Scott Dinsmore's Live Your Legend course to decide what I want to do with my Wizardry in a new province.

Let the Magic begin!

• Like 1

Wizard of Balance - Assassin Level 1

STR(3), DEX(2), STA(3), CON(2), WIS(3), CHA(2)

"If it is important to you, you will find a way ... if not, you will find an excuse" - (I don't recall whose quote this is, but I love it!)

I just love your challenge.  Good luck with it.

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Just dropping in to say welcome.

I saw your hiking tag - a new place to live means new places to explore :)

Have you read about the 'no zero days' concept. It was originally a reddit post but has gone mainstream and seems to fit in with you main goals.

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Main Quest: Lose 3% body fat - that is about 6 pounds and will put me under 150.  I really need to get in the habit of working on something every day.

Well no change to that percentage unless I add a few pounds of fluid during the day - strange scales, currently show 152lb and 36% at 5`7``!

Quest 1 - Stoke the magic cauldron - good food in the cauldron equals good spells - spend 150 min each week planning and preparing healthy meals - less sugar, less salt, more veggies and more good oils.  My husband has asked for less starchy carbs so we have certainly had more fruit and veggies this week! Not sure I spent enough time planning, but, definitely spent it on shopping and prep.  Will focus on pre-planning this week. 

Quest 2 - Conjure spells for 150 min each week - this should be easy as it will be a combination of my boot camp, soccer and other active exercises.  Two soccer games last night (on turf) and two boot camps last week made this an easy but there has been a lot of rain, so I think todays game on grass will be cancelled - my toes will appreciate it - people can`t seem to stay off them!

Quest 3 - Release the fire breathing dragon for 150 min each week - this is an attempt at stress reduction using yoga, journalling, meditation.  I'm not comfortable with sitting still for long but I need to learn so I can accomplish my life quest.  I did manage, between stretching and using workbooks, to release some fire from the dragon.  The mantra I chose to create goes like this ``I have more than enough love, health and money and I feel secure``  now I just have to break that down into manageable steps to accomplish the life quest. 

Life Quest - Locate a new magic wand (job in BC) to create a new castle (home in BC) within 150 days.  I'll be working on Scott Dinsmore's Live Your Legend course to decide what I want to do with my Wizardry in a new province.  Reality check for moving to a new province, expect a 40% cut in salary to enjoy the mild winters!  Not a lot of `live your legend`matches just yet, but, there are certainly lots of castles to choose from.  Now we have to decide do we need a moat and drawbridge or a forest with secret trails ... and we`d like to face south so when the dragon is on holidays the sun can melt any snow on the path to our entrance during those few short months.

• Like 1

"If it is important to you, you will find a way ... if not, you will find an excuse" - (I don't recall whose quote this is, but I love it!)

Hello @skywalker, I have found a hiking group in Kelowna called hiking addictions - they text every time there is a meet up and you just respond if you can make it or not!  Unfortunately I couldn't make the three hikes that were offered while I was there house hunting. The first was the day I signed up to get information ... and it arrived after the hike was over, the second happened when I was taking my husband to the airport and the last was a 16 hour hike that I was not prepared for (gear).  But I am prepared for next time!

Tell me more about these "no zero days"!

Cheers!

Main Quest: Lose 3% body fat - that is about 6 pounds and will put me under 150Hmm lost a percentage, but, gained 2 pounds ... my scale is under it's own spell!

I really need to get in the habit of working on something every day. So with that said:

Quest 1 - Stoke the magic cauldron - good food in the cauldron equals good spells - spend 150 min each week planning and preparing healthy meals - less sugar, less salt, more veggies and more good oils. I apologize to myself for the horrible cravings I have had this week and for reading someone's paleo site and trying a wonderful cookie recipe.  OK - on to a new day, I've forgiven myself and have a fridge full of veggies!

Quest 2 - Conjure spells for 150 min each week - this should be easy as it will be a combination of my boot camp, soccer and other active exercises. Again, this is the easy part; boot camp, the latest email "Legend of Zelda" workout from Steve and several hikes / walks even though we have had a ton of rain this week and the World Cup has me watching way too much TV.

Quest 3 - Release the fire breathing dragon for 150 min each week - this is an attempt at stress reduction using yoga, journalling, meditation.  I'm not comfortable with sitting still for long but I need to learn so I can accomplish my life quest.  Finished another workbook and did some more journalling - and the sitting still for long periods was made easy with the World Cup :playful:

Life Quest - Locate a new magic wand (job in BC) to create a new castle (home in BC) within 150 days.  I'll be working on Scott Dinsmore's Live Your Legend course to decide what I want to do with my Wizardry in a new province.  Applied for a new wand, but, my magic may be over qualified for the simple spells they are teaching and I want too many gold coins for my new castle.

Love your challenges, and yea the World Cup is great to watch and to release stress!

Good job on what you've accomplished, and you seem to be doing great already for this week with your fridge full of veggies!

Also, woohoo for playing soccer! Hope you score tons of goals with whichever team you play :P

Always human, never gonna zombie

Two-time CNF survivor, paranoia is my weapon

Broke down and bought a Fitbit ... conflicting data with the steps, but, they are both over 10k since I started around lunch time ;)  Felt nice to have it vibrate and send me a message!  Not sure how I will take it to soccer - can't wear it on my wrist, but, not sure I want to stick it in my bra :redface-new:  Oh well - guess we will find out!

Main Quest: Lose 3% body fat - that is about 6 pounds and will put me under 150

Quest 1 - Stoke the magic cauldron - good food in the cauldron equals good spells - spend 150 min each week planning and preparing healthy meals - less sugar, less salt, more veggies and more good oils.  Still have to work more on the planning!  We are heading to Lompoc and Torrence,CA for a conference/training/convention on Friday and there is too much food in the fridge!

Quest 2 - Conjure spells for 150 min each week - this should be easy as it will be a combination of my boot camp, soccer and other active exercises. Good thing we had a few nice days out and the fitbit kept me company - soccer has been rained out - even our turf fields are flooded!  I don't think the fitbit is very accurate though - it tracks your arm movement so turning pages gave me a few more steps :(

Quest 3 - Release the fire breathing dragon for 150 min each week - this is an attempt at stress reduction using yoga, journalling, meditation.  I'm not comfortable with sitting still for long but I need to learn so I can accomplish my life quest.  One thing the fitbit was good for was tracking my sleep - no wonder I am so exhausted some days - in bed for 9 hours but barely getting 5 hours of sleep!  Time to try some meditation I think!

Life Quest - Locate a new magic wand (job in BC) to create a new castle (home in BC) within 150 days.  I'll be working on Scott Dinsmore's Live Your Legend course to decide what I want to do with my Wizardry in a new province.   Lots of time to find my castle and my magic want so I am still working on figuring out the exact specs I need.

Sorry for the long hiatus - went down to CA and learned sooo much!  Came back with a fitness certification for a new program call Fitness Brigade found at www.sunfit.com part of Sunrider's new product line!

Main Quest: Lose 3% body fat - that is about 6 pounds and will put me under 150The pounds are going down, but, still not the percentage!!! grrr

Quest 1 - Stoke the magic cauldron - good food in the cauldron equals good spells - spend 150 min each week planning and preparing healthy meals - less sugar, less salt, more veggies and more good oils.  Eating better, but, still not planning ahead, luckily we are 5 minutes from a store that is open all the hours I am awake ... and then a few more.

Quest 2 - Conjure spells for 150 min each week - this should be easy as it will be a combination of my boot camp, soccer and other active exercises.  Soccer twice a week, and fit brigade workout 3 days on and one rest day for the first month.  I can't remember who else had this thread but fitbit in the bra works fine for tracking steps at soccer! 

Quest 3 - Release the fire breathing dragon for 150 min each week - this is an attempt at stress reduction using yoga, journalling, meditation.  I'm not comfortable with sitting still for long but I need to learn so I can accomplish my life quest. Still stressing a little: as I look for the next potential pay cheque, as I discover voles in our grass, and as I work out a toe injury (people, play the ball, not my foot!!!).  I've been getting lots written, but, time to change it up as it isn't calming the dragon enough.

Life Quest - Locate a new magic wand (job in BC) to create a new castle (home in BC) within 150 days.  I'll be working on Scott Dinsmore's Live Your Legend course to decide what I want to do with my Wizardry in a new province.  OK, I've decided I'm not letting someone else decide when I can travel or who I can help out and when.   I'm taking the bull by the horns and striking out on my own as an Independent Business Owner.  People around the country make extra cash off things like Pampered Chef, Party Lite, Tupperware, Silpada, Avon etc. but, what good are "Things" if you don't have your health?  So I'm taking the health of a balanced body and making that my new path.  I think that fits well with this site!   Message me if you want to know more - I can't remember if there is a clause in the forum to not blatantly promote our own business?  but I'm excited! and relieved to be in charge of how much I work and how much I make!   

Let the Magic begin!  Magic is in the air!  The pounds are coming off and working for myself ... and working out feel fantastic!  I have more energy and have the ancient Chinese secrets to battle the post workout muscle soreness!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines